• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junthor
    replied
    Re: New buttons by the Quote button???

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    Interesting. Still doesn't feel the same as actually being submitted somewhere. I mean who is actually going to google "new buttons quote"?

more than you think.....

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...word2=micechat

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post

And PrincessY... those are two precious pets!! I love Kitties and my partner loves German Shepherds..
    You'd both fit in fine around my house then!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

So Dusty dear... where is the "Submit to Disney Management in Burbank and Glendale" icon???

And PrincessY... those are two precious pets!! I love Kitties and my partner loves German Shepherds..

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

You guys figured it all out on your own!

These little buttons are for the top news and link sharing sites. They help boost our traffic and help bring people to your threads.

If you see a fantastic topic on MiceChat, feel free to share it with the world. Using one of those little buttons just helps make it easy for you.

-Dusty

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
    you should check them out.. digg especially. Think of them as the same as one of your friends sending you a link and saying 'check this out'.
    Will do!

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

you should check them out.. digg especially. Think of them as the same as one of your friends sending you a link and saying 'check this out'.

The popularity or user ratings of articles causes them to rise and fall... so you have the masses sorting out for you what is interesting or not out on the web.

Interesting stuff

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Your threads and posts are already read by thousands of people you don't know or may not know are reading it today. What difference does it make if more people read them?
    Whatever. Not worth arguing about since I know these posts are being read by thousands of virtual strangers already. Which is why I never post anything too personal (knowing my dog's name is as far as I'll go ) Maybe I would have felt better if we'd been notified, or if I'd ever heard of Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.

I haven't lost any sleep over it and I'm done now. :wave:

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

Interesting. Still doesn't feel the same as actually being submitted somewhere. I mean who is actually going to google "new buttons quote"?
    Your posts are already being 'formatted' to make them easier to find by search engines (why there are tags and the urls used for new posts). The site probably submits special instructions and indexable pages to the search engines already. Your threads are already being 'submitted' as soon as you create them to the search engines.

Its my belief (IMHO) these buttons don't do have much difference anyways. People are submitting threads like this anyways - this just makes it easier for them to do it (rather then copying and pasting lots of info, etc). People must still be participating in those sites to make the submissions.

Your threads and posts are already read by thousands of people you don't know or may not know are reading it today. What difference does it make if more people read them?

When your thread is 'submitted' its simply pointing people back here to read the thread anyways - which people are doing to start with. Now its just potentially more people.

think of it as someone sending an email to their friends and said 'hey, check out this thread'... but its sent to a lot more friends

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

but your threads are already viewable by the public.. and already seen and indexed by search engines, etc. This doesn't change anything.

Your thread is already the #1 hit on google for this search string anyways

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+b...ient=firefox-a

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

I can understand that. I'm not sure I even want my MC public threads being submitted to places I've never heard of.

but your threads are already viewable by the public.. and already seen and indexed by search engines, etc. This doesn't change anything.

Your thread is already the #1 hit on google for this search string anyways

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+b...ient=firefox-a

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    maybe it helps increase traffic or membership from the site...who knows...*shrug*
    Thats one of the reasons. Increased traffic on the site means more eyeballs looking, more eyeballs looking means potentially more revenue, more revenue means more cool stuff for MiceChat and more things we can do...

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I had them on PMs too. Which made me a little uncomfortable....
    I'm not sure why they are showing up on PM's.... there is no reason to tag a PM because those can't be seen by just anyone anyway. Same for threads in the clubs. If someone trys to read a thread in a club they don't belong to they will be denied access. The submission buttons are mainly for threads in the Resort Forums, News, etc. I'm guessing its a code issue that they are appearing everywhere and that MonorailMan will be tweeking and refining everything in the weeks to come.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I can understand that. I'm not sure I even want my MC public threads being submitted to places I've never heard of.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Never heard of ANY of them. Still not sure why they are necessary, but thanks for the info anyway.
    maybe it helps increase traffic or membership from the site...who knows...*shrug*

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
    They allow you to submit threads to popular online member-based news communities (Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.).
    Never heard of ANY of them. Still not sure why they are necessary, but thanks for the info anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

lol too late!

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

And they only need to be on the initial post to submit the entire thread, thats why you only see them on the first post.

Leave a comment:

• Monorail Man
    replied

They allow you to submit threads to popular online member-based news communities (Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

its also only on the maker of a new thread....anyone,anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

those are weird, they all sumit to some where. I am wondering if they are a mistake. ???

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X