This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Micechat?

I don't mean to start a fight or anything, but I am a member of many message boards that is about Disney and I have found that if I want to get down on DL, then I just need to come here. I am so surprised and saddend when I come here and read how many "fights" are going on about various DL stuff. Why do people on here continue to go to DL and then come on here and complain. It's not like the DMV and we HAVE to go there. This is a place that we choose to pay money to so that we can enjoy it on vacations or whatever.
    Have you ever had a friend that you cared about so much and someone else came along and started talking trash about your friend? How do you feel? Probably defensive for them right? That's how I feel when I come onto these boards and read the bashing that happens.
    It would be nice to come on here and read some really fun, positive things about the "Happiest Place on Earth!"

Re: What is Micechat?

This place is actually in my experience one of the more friendly boards around. The users do demand excellence from the parks but that's because the parks have put themselves up to those standards of excllence. That's not to say that micechatters don't enjoy them. Some people visit everyday.

Comment

Go to the lounges they're fun.

Comment

I dont think people talk trash about Disneyland itself, its more on the lines of how bad of a shape it has evolved into over the years. Just like a friend, weve seen it go to a place it shouldnt be when its meant for so much more....we talk because we care
        You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I hear what you are saying, and p.s. you are so right...curse the dmv
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

As with many things in life, you see what you choose to see. I have been a part of this board for about a year now and have seen some negative posts, yet the good far outweighs the bad. Sure, there are many posts on why someone dislikes certain things. I just choose to ignore most of them and just go and enjoy the park.

Comment

i like the parks, some of the stores in DTD are questionable.

Comment

I have this nephew. He's really a great kid; bright, funny, tons of potential. He excelled in sports in school and has always been a point of pride for the family. We all love him very much. Lately, though, he's been hanging out with a certain crowd who have had a bit of a negative impact on him. My nephew, he's still a good kid, but he's become kind of lazy, lost his focus, and doesn't work as hard to achieve his goals anymore, which aren't even nearly as high as the goals he used to set for himself. It's sad, because I still love him a lot and even though I'm disappointed in how he's behaving now in some ways, I still love that kid with all my heart. Even through all of the troubles, I still see that great, shining kid full of spirit and determination hiding there just under the surface, and I know that this is just a phase which he'll grow out of and there will be better times, like the good old times, ahead. So I complain about him sometimes, but never let go or give up on him.

For some reason, that seemed to be relevant here. Huh, not sure why though...

Comment

/\
                  Was that a DCA analogy or are you really Uncle Donald?

Comment

We all have our secrets, don't we?

Comment

there are many great threads on the site that are not negative at all. For example, look at this thread about the Horses of Disneyland.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...and-80148.html

Or how about this one about all the characters in Disney Theme Parks around the World.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ead-79751.html

Comment

99% of the trip reports in the Disneyland section are 87% positive, so I'm not 100% sure where you're coming from.

Comment

This is a VERY large community.....good and bad come along with that as with every group of many members. Just like family.........
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

M.......... MAgical
                            i............ incredibly cool
                            c.......... contagious
                            e......... entertaining
                            c........ candid
                            h........ high quality
                            a....... arguably the best
                            t........ titilating

There you have it.... micechat :lol:

Comment

I know what the OP is talking about. It's not that the bad outweighs the good, or we wouldn't hang out here, but there are plenty of critical moments where it seems like people just wanna complain about how things are.

That's why I found the whole DoM alarm so odd - we're very critical as a community, picking apart every tiny detail.

Comment

Micechat is a cold hearted bitch. She'll leave you broke and bleeding in the gutter....for me its about being as stupid as I want at all times. I laugh at everything I post. I'm so funny. Welcome!
                                I find it hard
                                It's hard to find
                                Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Let's see, I've been around for about the past two and a half years. With that I have seen all the changes that it's been through, people come and go and I still stick around and there's many others that have too. So a place can't be that bad if so many people keep coming back and spending time here. Really in a community this big, you chose the people that you talk to, you chose the threads you read, you can chose to scan past certain posts and its easy to avoid things that bother you, you don't have to read anything.

This is a good place, with a great deal of good people. This isn't necessarily for everyone but for those it is, they can always find a place that they can fit in.
                                  sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                                  A Photographed Life
                                  12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Ingredients:

3 cups insight
                                    1/3 cup critical reviews
                                    2 oz (by weight) of super fans
                                    1 can (8 oz) gay people
                                    2 douche bags
                                    Pocky to taste
                                    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                                      1 can (8 oz) gay people
                                      We prefer to be referred to as canned fruit actually. :whistling
                                      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                                      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

As others have said, in any community this large you are going to have to take the good with the bad. MiceChat is NOT your typical Disney website, but obviously we are doing something right.

And also with anything, it's the bad stuff that get's the most attention.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X