This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote It Up/Vote it Down

See the little thumbs to the right of this text?

Is it a great thread? Vote it up!
    Don't think the thread fits, or is it Spam? Vote it down.

This is part of our new thread rating system. Soon, this system will enable a custom page of our top threads every day/week/and month.

So get out there and vote!

Note: Rules apply to voting, and will be in the FAQ shortly. Do not 'vote down' people who you do not like. You have great power with this new ranking system, do not abuse it. If you abuse the system, you will lose voting rights. Votes are logged.
    -Monorail Man

Re: Vote It Up/Vote it Down

My only question, are we forbidden from discussing our thumbs up / thumbs down vote? Is this the new "Feature Which Must Not Be Named?"

(Kinda...)

Comment

How is this different than the star rating system that was there before? Seems like a pointless change.

Comment

It is the same thing, just a different format for rating a thread. And then like MM said, the threads will be ranked and you can quickly see the "hot" threads of the day.
        A signature should go here.

Comment

What does the number next to the thumb up or thumb down mean?

Comment

I can't see thumbs up or downs, but I do see a number. By the way I'm using firefox, but if the purpose is to rate threads it should work with all browsers.

Comment

:thumbup:

:thumbdown

Nice Change. I was beginning to not notice the stars anymore.

Comment

Also note, that if a thread starts off good and goes to poop, you can change your vote. That's happened a few times with me where I voted 5 stars and it became a 2 star thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                  See the little thumbs to the right of this text?

Is it a great thread? Vote it up!
                  Don't think the thread fits, or is it Spam? Vote it down.

This is part of our new thread rating system. Soon, this system will enable a custom page of our top threads every day/week/and month.

So get out there and vote!

Note: Rules apply to voting, and will be in the FAQ shortly. Do not 'vote down' people who you do not like. You have great power with this new ranking system, do not abuse it. If you abuse the system, you will lose voting rights. Votes are logged.
                  great thread as in ? some times threads are pretty ...... lame ( sorry ) so what do you consider great may in fact be pretty lame to others.
                  Sooooo whats considered great or fits?

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    Also note, that if a thread starts off good and goes to poop, you can change your vote. That's happened a few times with me where I voted 5 stars and it became a 2 star thread.
                    Before or after you took it to the poop box ?? :lmao:

Comment

trying explorer....I hate explorer it to slow, but at any rate, I see where the images should be (little squares), but the thumbs are not showing up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                        My only question, are we forbidden from discussing our thumbs up / thumbs down vote? Is this the new "Feature Which Must Not Be Named?"

(Kinda...)
                        It isn't a forbidden subject. But if we see people lobbying for other to vote their thread up, we may have to create a rule.

The whole idea of this is to make it easy for the casual viewer of the site to find the top threads.

If a thread doesn't contain content that you'd want others to see on MiceChat, don't vote, or vote it down. If a thread is a great example of why MiceChat is the top destination for Disney content - vote it up.

Pretty simple. I think we can count on the community to not abuse the system. Those who insist on pushing the envelope, will simply be removed from being able to vote threads up or down.
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          trying explorer....I hate explorer it to slow, but at any rate, I see where the images should be (little squares), but the thumbs are not showing up for me.
                          I had that problem when we first tested this in a hidden area of the site. However, after clearing the cache and cookies, I was able to use the system just fne on Explorer, FireFox, Safari - Mac and PC.

Give it a try.
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I cleared cache and cookies, but they still don"t show up.

Comment

MM and Dusty, I just have to say that you two are doing a great job of keeping this site up to date and easier to navigate. I joined last October and am amazed at how much MC has changed since then. Keep up the good work guys!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X