Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Forum Moderation Issues

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
    No, Disney is selling a product. It is Disney’s responsibility to ensure that the quality of that experience isn’t unnecessarily degraded due to overselling of passes and lack of appropriate restrictions on utilization.

Disney is failing to fulfill their responsibility towards their customers in the pursuit of profits. They are externalizing the costs associated with their greed and lack of care on their customers. They are trying to shift the responsibility on us, and pay the price in the form or longer waits, missing or being blocked from events, rides and attractions during our visits, coping with crowded conditions, and avoiding days and times out of fear that they will be unpleasant.
    Exactly. Disney's advertising depicts a visit to its theme parks as a magical, carefree time. The reality is often very different. Disney consistently oversells its parks' capacity, resulting in extreme crowds, and under-staffs its onstage cast and number of in-service ride vehicles, resulting in longer waits in rides and restaurants and poorer customer service.

Were it any other corporation, customers would compare it to the shoddy customer service tactics of the airlines, or the bait-and-switch tactics of retailers who advertise sale items as a come-on but deliberately stock few of them.

Instead, Disney ignores the problem, while its diehard fans "blame the customer." Here and on other Disney fan sites, complaints about bad experiences at the DLR are always met with posts that blame the complainer for "not doing his homework."

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Sorry but it really does come down to personal responsibility. You can chose to go and have a miserable time or go and have a great time. Its on each guest that goes through those gates. To say that its always overly crowded is a stretch. There are more then enough days it is not packed to capacity but yet some would love to make many believe otherwise. This is the last I will say on this because I know I take personal responsibility for myself and my family as well to make sure we have a good time. I do not depend on others to do that or every single CM in the parks. Let me tell you how a friend of mine is with her frame of mind on Disneyland. She moved years ago out of state and we used to go every year at least 2-3 times together. Once she moved it was less then that. So if she can get here every other year she is lucky. The last time we went was during Tink marathon weekend since we were doing the 5k. She knew the chance of the crowds going in but she doesn't care. She told me as long as she got in certain rides (gave me her list) she was happy. Well I made sure she did and planned around which park had early entry and guess what? She had a blast and got on each ride she wanted too more then once. The time before that we were there during the end of July during the 60th and it was worse crowd wise but hey we still had a blast and did everything a few times over each day we were there. Now you know why she had fun no matter the crowd level? Because she took personal responsibility in doing so. She was not going to let something get in her way of enjoying her time here and she didn't. I know what I say doesn't seem to matter because some will always look for the negative in everything. While nothing is perfect one can let bad eat them up or move on from it to have a good time instead. Which I am moving on from this conversation. Good day you 2!
      A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Princess View Post
        Sorry but it really does come down to personal responsibility. You can chose to go and have a miserable time or go and have a great time. Its on each guest that goes through those gates. To say that its always overly crowded is a stretch. There are more then enough days it is not packed to capacity but yet some would love to make many believe otherwise. This is the last I will say on this because I know I take personal responsibility for myself and my family as well to make sure we have a good time. I do not depend on others to do that or every single CM in the parks. Let me tell you how a friend of mine is with her frame of mind on Disneyland. She moved years ago out of state and we used to go every year at least 2-3 times together. Once she moved it was less then that. So if she can get here every other year she is lucky. The last time we went was during Tink marathon weekend since we were doing the 5k. She knew the chance of the crowds going in but she doesn't care. She told me as long as she got in certain rides (gave me her list) she was happy. Well I made sure she did and planned around which park had early entry and guess what? She had a blast and got on each ride she wanted too more then once. The time before that we were there during the end of July during the 60th and it was worse crowd wise but hey we still had a blast and did everything a few times over each day we were there. Now you know why she had fun no matter the crowd level? Because she took personal responsibility in doing so. She was not going to let something get in her way of enjoying her time here and she didn't. I know what I say doesn't seem to matter because some will always look for the negative in everything. While nothing is perfect one can let bad eat them up or move on from it to have a good time instead. Which I am moving on from this conversation. Good day you 2!
        Glad that you and your friends are able to make the best of things.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X