Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Forum Moderation Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Whipland;n8543910

Wiggins, you need to cool your jets buddy, not everything I post is meant to trigger you.[/QUOTE]

It’s best to just ignore. This incessant cyber bullying (which is allowed unabated by the mods) is why many rational people have long left this site, forcing front page pleas for monetary donations and “Disnerland” product purchases lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_town View Post
      This incessant cyber bullying (which is allowed unabated by the mods)
      Please provide an example to support your claim. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
        Please provide an example to support your claim. Thank you.

Hi Matt -

Thanks for your message. Cyber bullying is the use of electronic means to intimidate or harass someone, including those who may not share their own viewpoint.

Mr. Wiggins message above is a perfect example; "Troll, sock puppet, or shill, the agenda is as obvious as the lack of credibility." The implication is that I am a "troll, sock puppet or shill" because I do not share the same viewpoint regarding Disney management. This is the essence of cyber bullying.

I would recommend that you review the trendof his comments in the current "Disneyland Power Outage" forum alone. The overriding theme is that those who do not agree with his dislike of Disney management are subject, by simply commenting on this very forum, of unnecessary criticism rather than rational discord. For example,

In response to a poster discussing replacement tickets; "So... having APs, you didn't need replacement tickets, but whined to Disney until they gave you four of them. And then you boast about it online. Why is that not surprising?"

In response to a poster discussing refunds; "I got a cousin in New Jersey who told me his sister-in-law in Iowa says anyone who believes that story, she knows a realtor in Tallahassee who's got swamp land in Florida to sell them. Cheap."

In response to a poster discussing ride closures; "Weirder still is the notion that Disney would offer a family of local AP holders "4 return passes for a single day anytime in the next year" in compensation for one ride being down. That yarn is strictly spun from Fantasyland."

In each example the original poster is trying to make a serious point, and Mr. Wiggins swoops in rapidly with berating counter-arguments. These examples are simply from one single forum, and do not fully reflect the years of cyber bullying that have occurred. It is why many people that I have known have left these forums, and also why I rarely post anymore, because I know anything remotely positive will be immediately attacked in the manner above, leaving me ultimately labelled as a "troll, sock puppet or shill." Matt, you do not need to be a psychologist to see that there is a very unhealthy trend that should be regulated. If you disagree, or you feel that my interpretation of the above is incorrect, I am more than happy to read your counterpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_town View Post

Matt, you do not need to be a psychologist to see that there is a very unhealthy trend that should be regulated.
          Thank you for taking the time to respond, and I have deleted the posts in question.

There is a flag button underneath each post. I read every single post that is flagged. I don't remove all of them, but they are all reviewed. It is up to the members to bring questionable posts to my attention. It is not possible to catch everything.

You have suggested that people leave MiceChat because of cyber-bullying. I appreciate your opinion, but I would have to place some blame on them for not reporting it. I can't regulate what I don't see. I have also proven that I will address an issue when I am notified. I don't see what else can be done. I have no way to preempt a post. I can only delete it after the fact.

Again, thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

ETA: What's wrong with Disnerland? All the childs loved to ride the Pringlemuncher! Also, many sites ask for donations. The ones that don't are plastered with ads.

Comment

Thanks for the response Matt, I appreciate it

Comment

The problem is however, even if reported, it then becomes a discretionary judgement call by only one moderator and not peer reviewed by a council of peers or community posters to also have say if indeed it's considered "cyber-bullying" and harmful. Judge, Jury, and executioner (or the lack of) are both very strong reasons why people leave and never post here anymore. Obviously there's a trend that supports this accusation by the number of people with the same response over and over and over again. Yet it's still a surprise to the forum leaders this is going on and nothing has ever been done in punishment to said individual except tossing a few reported posts to the litter box and going about their business. Doesn't that get tiring? Perhaps cut the problem off at the root and it will make this place much Happier and easy for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Lee View Post
                The problem is however, even if reported, it then becomes a discretionary judgement call by only one moderator and not peer reviewed by a council of peers or community posters to also have say if indeed it's considered "cyber-bullying" and harmful. Judge, Jury, and executioner (or the lack of) are both very strong reasons why people leave and never post here anymore.
                Nope. Facebook and Twitter are the main reasons why people leave and never post here anymore.

*snip* The OP knows why.
                "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                until Thor told it to me."
                -
                Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Lee View Post
                  The problem is however, even if reported, it then becomes a discretionary judgement call by only one moderator and not peer reviewed by a council of peers or community posters to also have say if indeed it's considered "cyber-bullying" and harmful. Judge, Jury, and executioner (or the lack of) are both very strong reasons why people leave and never post here anymore.
                  I agree the site needs more moderators. We are going to fix that. The new site will allow for community moderation, and we are going to ask the current Facebook moderators to split their time between Facebook and the new site.

Comment

More mods who also listen with intuition and heart and make better judgement calls to the communities' valid concerns with regards to an individual who continues to make your job much harder than it has to be. Will it end up being like the old saying "The inmates running the prison" or will we have a sympathetic Warden who is pro-active? We're trying to help you get rid of the snarling 500 lb. elephant in the room here by bringing this stuff up but are you really hearing all of us by just sweeping everything off to the litterbox?

Comment

• I thought politics wasn't allowed in these forums. By the way, this is the United Sfates of America, not the United Sfates of California.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                        I thought politics wasn't allowed in these forums. By the way, this is the United Sfates of America, not the United Sfates of California.
                        When MiceChat first launched we offered a subscription called MiceChat Gold. Members who purchased the subscription were given access to a special area hidden from public view. The original debate lounge resided there, and it still does.

I decided that MiceChat needed a public place to have reasonable political discussions as long as it was somehow tied to Disney. I also created a subforum called Galaxy's Edge where other non-Disney political subjects could be discussed. There are only two threads there, which is what I expected. People don't come to MiceChat to debate politics, but there will always be Disney-related topics that have a political element. That is why this section exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                          I thought politics wasn't allowed in these forums. By the way, this is the United Sfates of America, not the United Sfates of California.
                          To be fair, although the article I linked to had a political bent, that wasn't really the aspect that I was interested in.
                          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Working...
                          X