Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Is MiceChat dying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the Rallyversary weekend I asked several long time members why they don't post here anymore. The overwhelming answer was Facebook. On Sunday, several original MiceChatters showed up for the meet even though they have not posted here or on Facebook for years.

MiceChat is not dying. The way we communicate has changed. If you wanted to make the claim that the MiceChat forums are much slower than before, there would be truth to that, but that's true for all forums.

Negativity was also mentioned, but not just here on MiceChat. There was a general disdain for negativity on the internet that keeps some people away. They might visit the sites on a regular basis, but they refuse to post because they don't want to deal with the comments.

Some people also said that the prices and crowds kept people away from the parks, and if they don't go to the parks they don't think to come to MiceChat.

I wish I had solutions, but I don't, at least not right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
      Negativity was also mentioned, but not just here on MiceChat. There was a general disdain for negativity on the internet that keeps some people away. They might visit the sites on a regular basis, but they refuse to post because they don't want to deal with the comments.
      True. Volumes have been written about the increase of negativity in public discourse in general, and the internet in particular.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
      until Thor told it to me."
      -
      Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

I don't think Micechat is dying at all. It's changing, as just about everything changes but I don't see it dying.

Comment

Over the Rallyversary weekend I asked several long time members why they don't post here anymore. The overwhelming answer was Facebook. On Sunday, several original MiceChatters showed up for the meet even though they have not posted here or on Facebook for years.

MiceChat is not dying. The way we communicate has changed. If you wanted to make the claim that the MiceChat forums are much slower than before, there would be truth to that, but that's true for all forums.

Some people also said that the prices and crowds kept people away from the parks, and if they don't go to the parks they don't think to come to MiceChat.

I wish I had solutions, but I don't, at least not right now.
          When I think of "MiceChat", I think of the forums. I think of the community that I became a part of years ago. I always have enjoyed my time here. I made many friends throughout these many years, and I miss the "day to day" contact that I had with them. I am not a true fan of Facebook, the way many people are. A short time ago, I joined Facebook, but only to keep in touch with a few MiceChatters that are no longer here. One in particular. It pains me deeply to hear people criticize this site, and I have even gone so far, as to say outloud that I would rather the forums be gone than have people criticize it so harshly.

I can see the work that has been put here most recently, and I appreciate that greatly. I have always been a big believer in the fact that we get out of something what we put into it.
          I wish MiceChat much success, and I look forward to seeing the new stuff that is coming.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Who did you email and when? PM me.
            sent you a PM
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Working...
            X