This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions to improve Micechat

The team does such a wonderful job of adding features to the site - but there are some minor things I think that would help greatly with its navigation with Miceage specifically

Obviously Miceage is an important sister-site to Micechat - can we make it easier to get to from Miceage itself?

- Add Miceage to the tabs where home/forums/shots/etc are. While miceage is listed as a forum and in the sidebar, those are only viewable from the forum base page..
    - Add links to the Miceage articles in the announcement posts where discussion is hosted for each article (I see Al did that a bit for his last article, but not for Kevin Yee's article)

I'd even consider a drop-down menu in the navbar that equates to the partner site panel shown on the forum home page. Today there is space taken for Micespaces and Tags. I don't particularlly find those that useful (to me at least) and wondering if one of those could be bumped for such a menu. But you guys have the real stats to know what is used or not.

Just some feedback... thx!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Suggestions to improve Micechat

Thank you Flynnibus.

Actually, I thought that we had already made it very easy not only to find the MiceAge content on MiceChat but to reach MiceAge as well. The MiceAge section is right at the top of our site, under the News section. And the top of the MiceAge section has a link for "Read MiceAge".

The bigger issue that we have had is that for those partner sites whom we were not able to set up new sections for, it is hard to find them.

As a result, we will likely create a "MiceChat Partners" directory on the side bar in the near future. MiceAge will have the top spot. But Al and I are very comfortable with the way the sites link back to each other right now.

I wish Al would put links back to his columns when he creates his discussion threads on MiceChat, but that is his decision to make.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
      As a result, we will likely create a "MiceChat Partners" directory on the side bar in the near future. MiceAge will have the top spot. But Al and I are very comfortable with the way the sites link back to each other right now.
      This currently exists, and is a perfect way to link to our Partner sites.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

Thank you Flynnibus.

Actually, I thought that we had already made it very easy not only to find the MiceAge content on MiceChat but to reach MiceAge as well. The MiceAge section is right at the top of our site, under the News section. And the top of the MiceAge section has a link for "Read MiceAge".
        Yes, I know its easy to reach once you are at these 'main pages' (in fact I tend to click forums.. then 'read miceage' rather then type out the URL) but I guess my point was its not directly available from the thread view page or the forum view page where I find myself spending nearly all of my time. I am virtually never on the forum home page which is where the Miceage links are.

Given every page has the 'tabs' and the navbar I was hoping maybe the partner links could be integrated in there somehow... dropping one of the lesser used menus... maybe calendar, tags, or Micespaces (which has its own tab in the file tabs across the top). When I say lesser used - I'm only guessing

Thanks for listening Dustysage.. I'm just throwing my suggestion in the ring that you consider hop-off points from the pages where people spend a lot of time in the forum view and thread view pages

Typically I may be reading a thread.. and something on one of the partner sites may be mentioned and I'd like to open that page up easily.. spur of the moment I'd like to get their easily. Today I need to navigate back to the main forum page to do so (go back to go forward so to speak).

I wish Al would put links back to his columns when he creates his discussion threads on MiceChat, but that is his decision to make.
        Well someone could always edit the posts and add them too

I know I find out about the new articles from the posts here in Micechat. I don't load his page daily looking for new posts.. and AFAIK he doesn't have an RSS feed so I don't find myself going to Miceage first.. I goto Miceage from Micechat.

I find MC's interface more appealing for 'hitting it up' every day for the latest
        Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
        Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
          Obviously Miceage is an important sister-site to Micechat - can we make it easier to get to from Miceage itself?
          I think this is a good point. I didn't even realize that Miceage existed for the longest time, and when I did, I didn't realize it was associated with MC.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X