Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positivity Thread (Moved Posts Critical of MiceChat)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure the thousands of former members and lurkers who don't post anymore (and even the small number who still do painfully) due to said ironic toxicity got the last laugh by watching the inner downward imploding spiraling turn the forum has taken over the years by the select few who are responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Lee View Post
      Pretty sure the thousands of former members and lurkers who don't post anymore (and even the small number who still do painfully) due to said ironic toxicity got the last laugh by watching the inner downward imploding spiraling turn the forum has taken over the years by the select few who are responsible.
      Reality check: your claim of "thousands of former members and lurkers who don't post here anymore due to the site's toxicity" is not only a biased assumption unsupported by evidence, it has been repeatedly shot down by the evidence of the decline of all forums due to the popularity of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.

Surely, you have some better evidence than unsupported claims. If there are indeed "thousands of former members who don't post here anymore because of the site's toxicity," as you and other MiceChat-bashers insist, it shouldn't be difficult for you to find, via Google and the MiceChat search engine, the posts of a tenth of that number saying that they left for the reasons you claim.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

You answered your own question. People were waiting for a better outlet than a heavily moderated and heavily trolled (carte blanche members who we all know) forum that was more positive and less redundancy of the same old topics and same old answers by the same old same olds (you get my point). Out of the hundreds of Disney Bloggers, Youtubers, ALL Social media platforms and all THEIR followers (yes they are in the thousands like it or not) and former Mice-Chatters the numbers are exactly as I said they are. Just on FB's live feeds from the park there's thousands in in the chat box lurking and watching his reports. Yea, sorry..this forum isn't the "end all authority" in everything Disney. People are/were tired of the negativity. Since you personally never attend any "in-person" Disney group meetups, nor take part in any other "social" platforms I don't expect you to understand. No amount of evidence on this topic nor any topic would satisfy someone like you, so it's not worth my time. Us thousands, know the truth and that's all that matter. Those who still visit and occasionally post just do so to stay somewhat in the loop with a different viewpoint but that's even hard here anymore without threads going to the box and no one insulting each other.
        Last edited by Greg Lee; 05-15-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Out of the hundreds of Disney Bloggers, Youtubers, ALL Social media platforms and all THEIR followers and former Mice-Chatters the numbers are exactly as I said they are.
          First you said it was thousands. Now it's hundreds. Let's see you cite some posts.

People are/were tired of the negativity.
          Again, let's see you cite some posts.

Since you never attend any "in-person" Disney group meetups, nor take part in any other "social" platforms you wouldn't understand and aren't worth the time.
          The time you've spent on this forum, bashing the forum and its members, says otherwise.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

Comment

1) I also said again it was thousands in the second post (and it is, too bad if you don't think so).

2) All of yours in this thread for starters.

3) I've never bashed the forum (Made mention of why people left and what they weren't satisfied with as examples). As far as members, just pointing out where the negativity is coming from.

Comment

Here's an example for ya. Remember when I made mention of the Fresh Baked moment about two weeks ago where they mentioned the negativity? Matt was pretty quick to find out what the fuss was all about 'cause he knows this forum's rep has been hit pretty hard. I've spent some time on other boards and whenever Micechat is brought up, people either mock or talk about the toxicity. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open.
              "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
                Here's an example for ya. Remember when I made mention of the Fresh Baked moment about two weeks ago where they mentioned the negativity? Matt was pretty quick to find out what the fuss was all about 'cause he knows this forum's rep has been hit pretty hard. I've spent some time on other boards and whenever Micechat is brought up, people either mock or talk about the toxicity. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open.
                I honestly enjoy FB's updates while they film all over the park and dialogue, I've never seen or heard anything negative come out of their mouths (at least in the form we see here). It's truly an enjoyable carefree program that you can relax and enjoy even if you don't agree with their opinions or projections about stuff. I was actually referring earlier to FB's mention while they stood atop the Space Mtn. queue and mentioned it because the way he said it was like "Yeah you know..ol' MiceChat" like it was nothing new. Thanks for chiming in.

Comment

I honestly enjoy FB's updates while they film all over the park and dialogue, I've never seen or heard anything negative come out of their mouths (at least in the form we see here). It's truly an enjoyable carefree program that you can relax and enjoy even if you don't agree with their opinions or projections about stuff. I was actually referring earlier to FB's mention while they stood atop the Space Mtn. queue and mentioned it because the way he said it was like "Yeah you know..ol' MiceChat" like it was nothing new. Thanks for chiming in.
                  That's the one I was talking about lol.
                  "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

[dangerous question deleted]
                    Last edited by Ika Musume; 10-20-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ika Musume View Post

Now that sounds more like what I'm looking for! Care to share the names of those other boards?
                      I believe MiceChat frowns on promoting other Disney boards. A Google search might be helpful to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post

I believe MiceChat frowns on promoting other Disney boards. A Google search might be helpful to you.
                        Sorry about that! I had no idea that people could have gotten in trouble for answering. Google worked fine, so I'll delete my post.

Comment

Working...
                        X