This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has ordered items for D23?

I got my membership card today, that's it!

Comment

If you got your card today, Im guessing I will get mine tomorrow.

If its just the card...that'd be lame unless I can start using it to buy exclusive merchandise at the stores.

Comment

My membership card arrived today. My kit has shipped but no indication as to shipping point. My credit card was charged yesterday. It will be interesting to see what comes and when.

Here's the fine print on the card: "This Card's sole purpose is to confirm the current D23 Membership status of the D23 Member whose name appears on it. When presented, along with valid photo identification and required paid admission, ticket or reservation, the Card also grants the D23 Member access to D23 Member special events, including one-hour early admission to the D23 Expo, but does not guarantee entry when space is limited. This Card does not entitle the D23 Member to free or discounted admission to, or any other special privileges with, any Disney or Disney-affiliated entity, location or program, including without limitation theaters, retail locations, theme parks, resorts, cruise ships, online destinations, restaurants, merchandise outlets or service providers. This card is nontransferable, by sale or otherwise, must be surrenedered upon request, and expires and is of no further use or value on expiration date that appears here." Gotta love the lawyers. Basically the card thus far is good for D23 Events and one-hour early to the Expo (if there's room for you), which is basically what we figured.

Comment

Looks like my post double-posted, so I'll put this here instead:

The literature with the card also says: "Within 1-2 weeks you should receive your welcome letter, membership certificate, and first copy of Disney Twenty-Three. Your special gift from the Walt Disney Archives Collection will arrive separately."

So, we can adjust our expecations for the kit, I presume. We'll have to wait a bit longer on the gift. You would think they would tell us on the D23 website what the gift is. That may get some more people to sign up, or not...
          Last edited by Dr. G; 03-19-2009, 07:22 PM. Reason: Change double post to something useful

Comment

I hope the gift is cool! I was a bit surprised how the membership card was mailed. It was simply in a folded card (tapped at 2 places at the opening) with the card stuck to the inside of it. I thought it would be shipped in an envelope or at least with the certificate. It almost looks like junk mail the way it was sent

Comment

I dont get why they aren't shipping the first package with the magazine. You can get the magazine right away so why do d23 members have to wait 2-3 weeks just to get their hands on it?

Comment

Got my card in today too. Says it expires 3/2010. I thought it expired at the end of the year?

Comment

You would think it would save on costs on their end as well! A membership card, certificate and magazine could have been shipped in one package, sheesh!

Comment

Did anyone notice the difference between ordering the bandleader shirt or the "are you 23" shirt on 3/10 versus 3/11 and beyond? I guess if you bought them on 3/10 they have "March 10, 2009 Launch Day" on them. I didn't know this and called to see why my order was taking longer and they told me that they had to be personalized with this before shipping out. Pretty cool - I didn't know that there was a difference.

Comment

Nah, I think it was only the Bandleader shirts that had anything special on them if you ordered it on 3/10.

Comment

I'm pretty positive both are customized for launch day. The rep showed me on my order details that both were customized due to the fact they were ordered 3/10. I'll have the shirts by 3/26 according to UPS and will post pics either way. We're flying down for a week on 3/29 to stay at the DLH and enjoy spring break with our kids - so it will fun to wear these at the park!

Comment

The Mickey Mouse B&W/Color pin through the Disney Movie Club arrived today. It's a great, free souvenir.

Comment

Wow wish I knew that... I would have ordered on the 10th!!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I do like a lot of the items on sale but shipping outside the US is so expensive I'm not going to bother with it. $50 shipping is absolutely crazy to get a couple of items shipped across to the United Kingdom. I've paid the extra to have the membership sent to me, but unless Disneyshopping change there international shipping fees, Disney can forget me ordering anything online. Hopely some of the selected items will also be available at the Expo in September!
                              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Disney shipping prices is quite high. It seems to be flat rate though, but still high in my opinion. Many companies offer free shipping at certain spending points, but Disney doesnt seem to do that which really annoys me.

I wouldnt mind paying the shipping cost if they provided fast shipping, but they don't. It's slow and time consuming. I hope they improve this.

Comment

Yay. My 2 launch day Bandleader shirts shipped today. Should be here (Southern California) by the 26th, with standard shipping.

Comment

I got my DMR D23 pin today too, pretty cool!

Comment

My Tink pin came today. It's so cute!
                                      Good morning, son
                                      In twenty years from now
                                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                      It was pain
                                      Sunny days and rain
                                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmcman View Post
                                        Nah, I think it was only the Bandleader shirts that had anything special on them if you ordered it on 3/10.
                                        Originally posted by TheGreatGummi View Post
                                        I'm pretty positive both are customized for launch day. The rep showed me on my order details that both were customized due to the fact they were ordered 3/10. I'll have the shirts by 3/26 according to UPS and will post pics either way. We're flying down for a week on 3/29 to stay at the DLH and enjoy spring break with our kids - so it will fun to wear these at the park!
                                        As a follow-up I got my shirts today and both the tan Bandleader and black "Are you 23" shirts feature the "Official Launch March 10, 2009" personalization.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X