Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

D23 Tink and Jiminy Coming Back!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Tink and Jiminy Coming Back!

The D23 was just updated to show both the Tink and Jiminy pins are "TEMPORARILY Sold Out".

Guess this means they decided to produce more to address some of the demands.

Here are some random thoughts.

- What do all the people that paid HUGE sums of money for these pins on ebay think now?

- For those who complained that there was no edition size advertised, this is the results. Edition size can be changed to meet demand.

- This should cause the NEXT D23 pin to sell slower, because there is no reason now to hoard the pin as soon as it comes out.

- Say good-bye to the huge mark-ups on the secondary market.

- I personally think this is a good idea. People who paid $75 to have exclusive chance at D23 merchandise should actually HAVE A CHANCE to buy them without needing to lay in wait for the items to be released and purchase them before they are hoarded by the re-sellers.

Re: D23 Tink and Jiminy Coming Back!

Well there goes my plan to buy 3 or 4 of the next one to sell for a tidy profit.

Seriously though, I've always been annoyed by the Limited Edition routine for their pins. And I totally agree that after shelling out $75, having merchandise that only a handful of people manage to get is ludicrous. You know some of these people probably bought 10 or more of them just to sell them.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Good News! I really wanted the Jiminy Cricket pin!

I note, also, that when I click on the picture, it says the pin will "ship in 3 weeks." So I guess we won't have it in our hands until at least May.

Comment

I just tried to get to the Boutique 23 site, but it's down for maintenance. But I hope the Tink pin will really be back in stock as the OP suggests. As soon as the site's back up, I plan to bookmark that page and check it regularly until they have stock in. Don't worry, I only want two; one for me and one for my Mom. No reselling here, just a fan in for fun, not profit.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          Well there goes my plan to buy 3 or 4 of the next one to sell for a tidy profit.

Seriously though, I've always been annoyed by the Limited Edition routine for their pins. And I totally agree that after shelling out $75, having merchandise that only a handful of people manage to get is ludicrous. You know some of these people probably bought 10 or more of them just to sell them.
          I was at least hoping to make my $75 back if and when a Peter Pan or Mickey Mouse pin was released....
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
            I was at least hoping to make my $75 back if and when a Peter Pan or Mickey Mouse pin was released....
            It appears that the artwork for these pins is from the D23 art done by David Pacheco. They are the same scetch drawings being used to advertise D23 and are in use on the t-shirts, buttons, flyers, web adds, etc.

If my assumptions are correct, there is no Peter Pan artwork in this series. And the Bandleader Mickey pin already was already released to shareholders at the Oakland stockholdes meeting back in March.

So I wouldn't expect a Peter Pan pin in this series, or a Mickey pin either, unless they make a second version of Mickey differnt from the shareholder's version.
            Last edited by Roger55; 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: link removed per MiceChat rules

Comment

Just posted on the official D23 website...

Because of overwhelming demand, the D23 member-exclusive Tinker Bell and Jiminy Cricket pins will be available again soon from Boutique 23. Stay tuned for more info!

Comment

Again soon.

Stay tuned.

So I wonder if they will sell out within hours again?

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                  Just posted on the official D23 website...

Because of overwhelming demand, the D23 member-exclusive Tinker Bell and Jiminy Cricket pins will be available again soon from Boutique 23. Stay tuned for more info!
                  What better way to eek them out, "by popular demand" usually follows.4/4 http://micechat.com/forums/d23-disne...post1055258936
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

So I bookmarked the D23 Collectibles & Pins page and checked it out from time to time because of this thread. Just checked it tonight, and the Tink and Jiminy pins are no longer listed on the page, "Temporarily" or otherwise.

Comment

I still see them there as Temporarily Sold Out.
                      Keith

Comment

Another member at Dizpins found this sneak peak.

http://s7disney.images.go.com/is/ima...hopping/500600

Comment

Tink and Jiminy are currently available on the disneyshopping site.

Comment

And the Mad Hatter goes on Sale May 1.
                            -----------------------------------------------
                            DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

The Tink and Jiminy Cricket pins are once again listed for sale, shipping in 9 weeks.

But it won't let me log in!!! :rant:

pft... might as well go to bed....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X