This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapunzel, Donald Duck, and new info about DCA Expansion from D23

The next issue of Disney Twenty Three Magazine is being prepared and we've managed to catch some whispers of what will be included.

The issue will feature Donald Duck, who is turning 75 this year. And although the rest of the company seems to have forgotten this important birthday, the D23 folks intend to give our favorite duck the cover feature in the magazine, including a celebrity "Duck Roast."

Also, expect a preview look at the 2010 Disney animated movie, Rapunzel. There have been a lot of rumors about this film, hopefully we'll be able to learn a bit more about its direction once the issue comes out.

New info about the Disney's California Adventure Expansion will apparently also be included in the issue.
    UPDATED APRIL 20th, 2009:
    Rumor has it that a special little gift from the archives will be included with the magazine shipped to D23 members only (not available in the book store edition). Lets just say that it's a little something to help the Disney fans beat the summer heat. That's all I'm sayin' you didn't hear it from me, I'm not one to gossip.

UPDATED APRIL 29th, 2009:
    Lucky Duck Surprise for D23 Members!

Also, the cat is out of the bag on a free gift shipped with the Disney Twenty Three Magazine for members only. It was a nice little surprise with a bit of history behind it. Read this article if you'd like to learn a little more (or if you want to spoil your surprise):
    D23 | Disney.com
    -Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Rapunzel, Donald Duck, and new info about DCA Expansion from D23

I did not pick up the debut issue from Barnes and Noble, but the DCA stuff makes the 2nd issue sound interesting.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

WOHOO!!!! Glad to see my fave Duckie is getting attention SOMEWHERE this year!!!!
      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Thanks for posting this Dusty! Great info... I may actually pick up this issue when it comes out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Reminds me that I still need to open up and read my first issue! Whatta bad Disney fan I am. Actually, I've been distracted partially to find a decent 20" x 30" frame for my litho. But why did D23 have to make the certificate such an odd size, 10" x 12". No standard frame exists for that size, so that puppy's just gonna stay in a box or something.

Comment

I wonder...

Are they gonna wise up and keep the teenyboppers out of D23 now? I can't imagine interviews with Efron and Hudgens helped subscriptions much, and hardcore fans are NOT the biggest fans of the Disney Channel crap.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
              I wonder...

Are they gonna wise up and keep the teenyboppers out of D23 now? I can't imagine interviews with Efron and Hudgens helped subscriptions much, and hardcore fans are NOT the biggest fans of the Disney Channel crap.
              Which is another way of asking the key question: "is D23 magazine written and produced for hardcore fans, or is it just more generic Disney marketing aimed at the general Disney market, hitching a free ride on the fan wagon?"
              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

sorry, double post
                Last edited by 7.17.55; 04-15-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  Which is another way of asking the key question: "is D23 magazine written and produced for hardcore fans, or is it just more generic Disney marketing aimed at the general Disney market, hitching a free ride on the fan wagon?"
                  I agree, and if it's the latter, it will be the death of D23. It's already hanging by a thread.
                  But the things Dusty told us, it seems like they're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
                    Reminds me that I still need to open up and read my first issue! Whatta bad Disney fan I am. Actually, I've been distracted partially to find a decent 20" x 30" frame for my litho. But why did D23 have to make the certificate such an odd size, 10" x 12". No standard frame exists for that size, so that puppy's just gonna stay in a box or something.
                    Try a Michaels craft store. They have a bunch of odd sized frames and sometimes they run really good sales on them as well. I'm pretty sure I have a 10x12 from them in my Duck room
                    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticDuck View Post
                      Try a Michaels craft store. They have a bunch of odd sized frames and sometimes they run really good sales on them as well. I'm pretty sure I have a 10x12 from them in my Duck room
                      That's where I got mine - $20.00 (half off original price).

Comment

Also, the next issue of D23 (summer) will have an article about the new "Monsters Inc." attraction at Tokyo Disneyland. I'm looking forward to this issue more than the first one!
                        Meow

Comment

If you have a Hobby Lobby, the ones in my area are having a 50% off custom framing sale this week.

Comment

UPDATED APRIL 20th, 2009:

Rumor has it that a special little gift from the archives will be included with the magazine shipped to D23 members only (not available in the book store edition). Lets just say that it's a little something to help the Disney fans beat the summer heat. That's all I'm sayin' you didn't hear it from me, I'm not one to gossip.

-Dusty
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Dusty. You tease!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X