This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo Buttons

I saw these on eBay this am and was wondering if anyone knows when and where they were given out? I really like the Haunted Mansion button.
    Attached Files

Re: D23 Expo Buttons

Originally posted by Figaro View Post
    I saw these on eBay this am and was wondering if anyone knows when and where they were given out? I really like the Haunted Mansion button.
    I've never seen those before. Love them.

UPDATE - See post 15 below for information on where to find the pins for free.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM. Reason: Updated
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Another seller posted some more of them on ebay. There's also a Crush pin and a Sorcerer Mickey. I kinda really like the Crush one. However it's at buy it now for $40. Don't love it THAT much.

I'm tempted to contact the seller(s) and ask him/her directly. They are promotional items, so I'm guessing they got them for free somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by *Arielle* View Post
        Another seller posted some more of them on ebay. There's also a Crush pin and a Sorcerer Mickey. I kinda really like the Crush one. However it's at buy it now for $40. Don't love it THAT much.

I'm tempted to contact the seller(s) and ask him/her directly. They are promotional items, so I'm guessing they got them for free somewhere.
        If you do find out, I'd love to know. Those buy it now prices are silly at $40.00. That's more than an entire day at Expo.

Comment

The seller said that he/she got them in Disneyland. Didn't say whether or not they were giving them out for free, but I can only speculate that they were probably giving them out in Disneyland as a promotion for the Expo.

Comment

These are really great and I would love to have a complete set, but it is so wrong that people get something for free and then turn around and make a profit on it. People did the same thing with the D23 buttons. Individual ones were passed out at both Disneyland and Disney World and entire sets were given as parting gifts at Flowers and Fireworks. Perhaps D23 members will get entire sets of these for free at the Expo as you enter during the extra hour? That would be cool.
            I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

I'm sure they'll be at the expo, but right now they are at Disneyland at Disneyana and World of Disney. Apparently Off the Page at DCA hasn't received theirs yet. If there is anyone at WDW, can you please check and see if four more were released out there? There should also be figment & chip n' dale buttons, but these are not in Ca yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kronos View Post
                I'm sure they'll be at the expo, but right now they are at Disneyland at Disneyana and World of Disney. Apparently Off the Page at DCA hasn't received theirs yet. If there is anyone at WDW, can you please check and see if four more were released out there? There should also be figment & chip n' dale buttons, but these are not in Ca yet.
                Kronos and *Arielle* thanks for the great intel!

Comment

They are indeed giving them away for free at Disneyland. Like they did with the Are You 23 buttons before D23 launched.

Cool!
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

Comment

So far, it doesn't appear that anywhere in WDW has them yet. I'm assuming that at least the Figment one will be passed out here since this is where he lives.
                    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

There's a new one on ebay with the penguins from Mary Poppins. Really very cute.

I just saw a note on Twitter - they have the buttons at Disneyana on Main Street Dland, but you have to ask a CM about D23 to get one...
                      Last edited by Figaro; 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Does anyone know if they have them at DCA as well?? I'd love to know!

Comment

D23's twitter is trying to make it sound like a scavenger hunt for the pins. The latest viral event.

Comment

Where in WDW would we ask for them?
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Before you buy one of these buttons for $40, read below to find out how you can get a button for free.

Currently, the buttons are being given away at Disneyland at Disneyana, World of Disney, and Off The Page. The El Capitan Theater has some, and so do a dozen or so Disney Stores. Some of the stores may be giving them away to those who ask, but most are probably giving them with purchase (to prevent people from just stocking up and then selling them on Ebay). Best to ask if they have them first.

I don't believe that they are at Disney World. This seems to be a more localized campaign since the Expo is forcused on a more local demographic in its first year.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Find us on Facebook:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X