Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

NEW EVENT: Special Screening of Ponyo

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW EVENT: Special Screening of Ponyo

D23 just posted a new event -
    Amazing D23 Offer: Special Screening of Ponyo at El Cap: July 27, 2009
    The Walt Disney Studios shares the magic and excitement of Hayao Miyazaki's latest masterpiece with 50 lucky D23 Members!

Re: NEW EVENT: Special Screening of Ponyo

Seems to have been removed from the site. Let's pretend we didn't see it until it comes back - if it does.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 07-16-2009, 06:16 PM. Reason: updated
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Oh that's cool! I hope to get in since I live about 10 minutes away from the El Capitan... but only 50 members? I wonder if we're not going to be allowed to bring guests!

Comment

UPDATE: I checked the site again, and now the link is gone... weird!

Comment

If they post it again it'll be to attend the second Los Angeles 'Ponyo' premiere (that's why the small quantity, sometimes the studio will let go of a block of tickets for non-invited guests for promotional reasons):

PONYO: Special Screening Monday, July 27, 2009,
          at the El Capitan Theatre
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I hope that 50 is a typo. The capitan can seat more than 50.
            But i do like the idea of them saying how many seats/openings are available. I am sure it would've caused less of a stir if they said how many slots would be open for the previous events...

Comment

Oh - did tickets already go on sale and sell out?

Comment

Sigh.. I work until 8:30 monday nights.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by *Arielle* View Post
                  Oh - did tickets already go on sale and sell out?
                  I don't think tickets have been made available yet.

Comment

sorry but this is a random question but i was considering joining d23 before i head out to comic-con the following week because i heard there would be a special gift for members but now with this opportunity i'm really considering shelling out the money to join asap.

but my question is do i have to wait till i get my membership card + other goodies in the mail before i can actually apply for the "ponyo" tickets or get the comic-con freebie, even if i already paid for a membership? or will i get an e-mail or something in the meantime? thanks!
                    i've got no strings.

Comment

From personal experience, a family member joined and was able to register right away for the UP event. When they registered, they said that if they did not recieve their membership card in the mail yet, just bring the confirmation email showing the purchase of the membership with the name and photo ID to verify a membership has been purchased.

However, we are talking about Disney here so anything and everything is subject to change without notice.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
                        From personal experience, a family member joined and was able to register right away for the UP event. When they registered, they said that if they did not recieve their membership card in the mail yet, just bring the confirmation email showing the purchase of the membership with the name and photo ID to verify a membership has been purchased.

However, we are talking about Disney here so anything and everything is subject to change without notice.
                        oh okay! i'll take my chances then, hahaha. thanks very much for the help! i appreciate it.
                        i've got no strings.

Comment

Originally posted by a_shy_kid View Post
                          oh okay! i'll take my chances then, hahaha. thanks very much for the help! i appreciate it.
                          A lot of people signed up for d23 in hopes of doing a specific event. Events have limited capacity and it's unlikely you would get tickets. Consider yourself warned (in a good way). I just don't want more complaints from people saying d23 is horrible because they offer such little capacities to these great events.

/end of rant.

If you did join, welcome to the club

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                            A lot of people signed up for d23 in hopes of doing a specific event. Events have limited capacity and it's unlikely you would get tickets. Consider yourself warned (in a good way). I just don't want more complaints from people saying d23 is horrible because they offer such little capacities to these great events.

/end of rant.

If you did join, welcome to the club

hahahaha, no worries, i won't start a hateful thread or anything. i'm well aware of the space limitations for this upcoming event + all the past events that i read about. it would be very ridiculous to think i would be granted a ticket to every single event considering the amount of members. i was just hoping i would at least be able to apply/attempt to get tickets to see the film.

but thanks for the welcome!
                            i've got no strings.

Comment

Crap, the El Capitan again! I wish they would offer these events at the other screenings across the country. I think they could easily do them for the NYC showings too. I went to see "The Boys" when it premiered in NYC, and wished D23 had made it an event here too, but oh well...
                              Meow

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X