X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Walt Disney Studios Tour - Another Trip Report

Oooh! Vintage phone booth!

...Perhaps the hippos were built here too?20,000 Leagues Under the Seahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_(film

... and concept art for The Princess & the FrogBambiAlias.

The glow of the Coke machine cleverly distracts the bad guys chasing Jennifer Garner...

LOVE the 101 Dalmatians concepts!The Reluctant Dragon
    Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks' Notice: A Photo-Packed Account of 17 Days in Japan! * All My Other Disney Trip Reports * Tweeting all things Disney @lurkyloo

Yikes! Unlike Oscar, this award could KILL you if you fell on it

Disney gives out Legends Awards to people who have been instrumental in its success, and I guess at the ceremony they put their handprints down the way stars used to put their footprints in the cement in front of the Chinese Theater. We only had 10 minutes here, so everyone dashed about trying to find the prints of their favorites.

My favorite!

We only spent a few moments in the lobby, and I wish we could have been there longer because they had a fantastic display of hats from various Disney movies.

Ah, TRON...

They also had on display costumes from such Disney classics as Hannah Montana and High School Musical XIV: The Reckoning. I took some shots of the curtain dress from Enchanted and the dress Barbossa gave Elizabeth in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, but they were really glare-y...

Outside the Archives...

Inside the ArchivesCases full of merchandise from many different decades

A complete Disneyland ticket book

Probably the first merchandise licensed by Disney

This script for Steamboat Willie

We also saw the very first ticket sold to Disneyland (Roy bought it) and some Opening Day ephemera like the commemorative ticket and an intact parking pass. We were given about 10 minutes to wander around the Archives, and when I saw someone getting their picture with Dave, I jumped on the bandwagon!

Looky! I wear glasses too! I could be the next Chief Archivist!

Original background plate from The Old MillMary PoppinsSupermarket SweepEven these Fantasia-themed candles look like you could find them in any old gift shopOur loot!

To continue the theme, after we left we drove over to the circa 1945 Smoke HousepeepedYeah, this is only half a meal at the Smoke House...
    Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks' Notice: A Photo-Packed Account of 17 Days in Japan! * All My Other Disney Trip Reports * Tweeting all things Disney @lurkyloo

Comment

Re: D23 Walt Disney Studios Tour - Another Trip Report

Gotta love The Smoke House - just classic.

Glad you had a chance to get on one of the tours.

The Penthouse Club lasted into sometime in the 70's before being destroyed, along with the reportedly racy murals that some Disney animators created for the bar's walls.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Great report. Thanks for all the photos!

Comment

Great report, we were on the same tour!

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
          Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

Awesome photos! And I see the smoke house ALL THE TIME but never went in. I may have to now!

I also want this:

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
              Gotta love The Smoke House - just classic.

Glad you had a chance to get on one of the tours.

The Penthouse Club lasted into sometime in the 70's before being destroyed, along with the reportedly racy murals that some Disney animators created for the bar's walls.
              Wow! So are there pictures of the Penthouse Club anywhere? (I mean, not because I want to see the racy murals, of course, heh heh heh....)

Originally posted by Figaro View Post
              Great report. Thanks for all the photos!
              Thanks for reading! I was a little bashful about posting it here because I figure most people on this board have already been there, done that.

Originally posted by HalloweentownAlice View Post
              Great report, we were on the same tour!
              Cool! I hope I remembered everything right! What kind of cool loot did you get in the mad dash at the Studio Store?

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              Awesome photos! And I see the smoke house ALL THE TIME but never went in. I may have to now!

I also want this:

Yeah, I think that's why DH took that pic - he wants it too!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkyloo View Post

Cool! I hope I remembered everything right! What kind of cool loot did you get in the mad dash at the Studio Store?
                Well, I was with my non-fan dad, so I tried not to spend too much time in the mad dash xD

I got a "The Walt Disney Company" zip-up hoodie, a Jack Skellington wallet, and a Disney Couture Alice in Wonderland purse from the Employee Store. From the Disney store side, I got a pair of mickey earrings I forgot to pick up in the parks and a "The Disney Studios" coffee mug. One of the highlights of the tour, lol. I took a ton of pictures of hands in the legends plaza of my favorite Imagineers.

Sorry if I ever got in your husband's way, taking pictures, I tried not to haha.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
                Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

That's so funny! I'm sure he didn't even notice.

Sounds like you made out like a bandit in the loot department!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X