This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coheteboy's D23 EXPO-rience - photos & bonus commentary

Hi gang! I'm exhausted. Like... really really tired mmkay. I usually start these reports as the convention is going but I didn't want to pay $20 for internet when I would only have maybe 3 hours tops to use it. So here i am.

I went the whole 4 days. I paid the $90. I stayed at the Hilton, conveniently located across the sidewalk. There was great, there was good, there was bad, and there was awful. I was pulled in all possible directions here but the majority of the experience was of a favorable one.

D23 guys, Steven, Jeffrey... thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this. Don't take any criticisms I have personally if I let any out... it's all meant to be constructive.

First let's count how many times we can see D23

It was the morning of the first day and so the first thing I did was....

The line looked pleasantly short! I got into the store in no time at all, got a few vouchers for some pins and the vinylmation for friends requesting them.

I scoured the entire store looking for something to buy on top of what I had vouchers for. Nothing. I was really disappointed in the merchandise selection here. There is a ton of stuff that I found on the Disneystore website that would have been great to be sold here even!

I ended up picking up a Pluto 80th anniversary plush for my mom and went in line. Great, I have an hour before Iger's presentation. No problem.

I round the corner...

Good lord.

Granted, the vouchers say I can come back anytime before 4pm but I had a whole slate of panels I wanted to attend!

I waited.

and waited.

I heard announcements beckoning everyone to head to the arena.

I waited some more.

The Legends ceremony was halfway over.

I missed probably one of the biggest reasons to come on the thursday getting merchandise for others. sigh.

At least I was greeted by this guy.

And then the WDI Parks and Resorts exhibit. This was REALLY AWESOME.

you've seen all the videos so I'll spare you the super cool magic door portal. (mostly because I didn't take pictures of it because I was so mesmerized by it)

I liked all the posters on the wall too. I wanted to come back and get pictures of all of it but ran out of time

The portal opens!

You're immediately greeted by stationary Luigi & Guido vehicles

And whooaaaaa a look at how the Cars animatronic (if you can call them animatronics?) effect will work.

there's more to come!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Re: Coheteboy's D23 EXPO-rience - photos & bonus commentary

I await patiently.

Comment

There awaiting you is not just one, not two, but THREE different models of CARS LAND! Okay there's two models of cars land and one MASSIVE GINORMOUS model of Radiator Springs Racers.

Andy Castro has better photos so check his posts for those.

There was a display devoted to all things animatronics

And this live animatronic show every few minutes

There was an area for folks to meet Lucky the Dinosaur and the WALL-E! Awesome awesome

I waited an hour just to see Wall-E because Lucky and Wall-E take turns.

It was so cool though. Love it!

The new Hawaii resort looks really cool. Joe Rhode puts his stamp on it so i think it'll be great

Heck, they can tear down Paradise Pier Hotel and build a variation of that and I would be totally happy to see that thing from DCA.

Hong Kong Disneyland has an area for the expansion. Toy Story Land. Blah. Aimed at kids, yadda yadda yadda, they haven't learned. Slated for 2012.

Mystic Point slated for 2013

Grizzly Trail slated for 2014

I love that Grizzly Mountain has... BEARS!

more more more....

Comment

I totally get the whole exhausted thing. I'm being lazy and still haven't even uploaded my pics. Maybe I'll start tomorrow Can't wait to see more of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
          I totally get the whole exhausted thing. I'm being lazy and still haven't even uploaded my pics. Maybe I'll start tomorrow Can't wait to see more of yours
          Sounds like someone has been spending too much time reading funny stories in binary.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the experience! :bow:

Comment

Awesome! I've been looking forward to seeing some first hand reports!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Amazing photos! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Did you happen to get any photos of the Olszeswki WDW platform?

Comment

Great report! Can't wait to see more!
                  Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Great report! Thanks for posting this. I totally hear you on the exhaustion front. What a fabulous four days though.

Comment

Great report! It looks like it was a blast!
                      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Great pictures. That line in the store looks crazy. I heard people talking about that, and when I went in, I saw all the ropes set up, but it was empty the day I was there. I didn't buy much, but just walked right up with about 8 people waiting to help me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Amazing and such great detail as always. I'm just as mad as you are that you missed a big chunk of time waiting for pins. Well, at least you know next year.

More, More, More!!

Comment

were you the rocketeer?

Comment

Great stuff!!! It was good seeing you on Saturday.

Comment

I third the motion of exhausted but worth it...I still havent' finish uploading the rest of my pics...I love ur pics of radiator springs...there just as good as Andy's. keep up the great work
                                "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the kind words and support!

Originally posted by Pacis View Post
                                  were you the rocketeer?

Haha no I wasn't. Cool costume though!

keepin it going, there were character meet & greets, but nobody you havent seen already. Being an expo for Disney fans, I was hoping they whip out the really hard to come by characters for a change.

A variation of Push was also around... with the operator not too far away.

Volunteers were building a Sleeping Beauty Castle out of the donated cans throughout hte weekend.

There was also a Disney Weddings booth with a Cinderella coach

Toy Story LEGOS made their debut here, but nothing for sale.

People interviewing people

I then looked at the time... oh cripes... there's the Treasures archive book for sale upstairs at noon! I had to ask around for that bit of info because i completely forgot.

While waiting in line, I snapped photos of Herbie the Love Bug

The books were limited to 500 hardback and 1000 soft cover I think. Limited to 2 copies of each per person.

Inside the hardback you'll find autographs of the 3 key folks that put it together

As soon as that was over I raced over to the second half of the Disney Toy panel. They had a cool raffle giving away a lot of the stuff they had on display. The panel was basically a summary of what you'll see on the floor and I'll highlight that when I get to it.

and... time for a meeting. more later!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                    I scoured the entire store looking for something to buy on top of what I had vouchers for. Nothing. I was really disappointed in the merchandise selection here.
                                    So you're saying head over to the Disney Character Warehouse on Orangethorpe soon to pick-up some bargains...?!

Wonderful photos & comments as usual, looking forward to the rest of your weekend report.
                                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                                      So you're saying head over to the Disney Character Warehouse on Orangethorpe soon to pick-up some bargains...?!
                                      Haha i wouldn't even buy those at a discount.

Alright so I hit up the Disney Toy panel and got to talk to those guys (all super cool and friendly) and then had some time to kill so i hit the convention floor to check things out.

eFX is going to offer up a bunch of new high-end Disney collectibles. They took over the muppet license from Master Replicas (thank goodness) - they'll be more accurate and hopefully better priced.

Koozebane Kermit or simply Reporter Kermit is up next

Rizzo is also on the way. Piggy is next but they didn't have more to show of her.

There's a Donald Duck and the other Disney gang in Dumbo rides

The box that was meant to hold Snow White's heart can be yours! Yes, bring out the huntsman from within!

And last, the amazing Nautilus replica

Mindstyle is another toy company you should get to know. They're specializing in the vinyl market starting with a line similar to Vinylmation but with STitch, it's called EXPERIMENT 626 naturally and various artists will paint stitch bodies their way.

On display in their booth are some custom designed Stitches.. these are not for sale.

Finally here is one that will be made available

From the Blackhole is the robot Vincent made available in TRON colors for D23 members

Vinyl Jiminy Cricket and Chernabog (not pictured) are also on their way

From Disney's Plush dept, is a new line of plush toys that are "too cute for their own good" Initially I thought the tagline was "too cute for your own kid" which I thought woulda been funnier.

These will hit Toys'R'Us stores nationwide and will come in a number of varieties. There's the standard Pook-a-looz that resemble ugly dolls, but not. There's Cute Squared, where you'll find your favorite characters in cube stackable shapes, and then there's the knitted plush toys.

These really are too cute for their own good.

How many are you gonna buy?? And as an added bonus, lucky visitors to the booth got an exclusive D23 Steamboat Willy Mickey Pook-a-looz keychain. I missed out but thought it was cool that the did that.

Then of course there's the micechat booth

Robert Olzewski was at the booth everyday signing just about whatevers and talking to guests. Thought that was great.

I quit collecting that miniature Disneyland line, otherwise I would have gotten some juicy news for you guys.

Painting in progress

a Buzz Lightyear Lego

A cool thing at the LEGO booth is the mosaic that they were building. Fans got to build in a square and it goes onto the wall. Here's mine

Judging from my coordinates on the back, I got to build something on the left side

I'll pretend that nobody saw the finished result and post it later.

And here's a Virgin Mary prop from the LOST booth. I don't watch the show so I really didn't do much other shooting.

still a lot of show to come...

Comment

I am loving this D23 TR! More, More, More...Please...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X