Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/10-13: Muppets & Imagineers & Hawaiian Shirts Oh My!: A Kuzcochik D23 Trip Report

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/10-13: Muppets & Imagineers & Hawaiian Shirts Oh My!: A Kuzcochik D23 Trip Report

So here it is! My trip report for D23. I've still been recooping from the event and hadn't had much time to upload all my pics and such b/c of work and sleep and laziness. But I finally have them all and I thought I'd share.
    By this point I'm sure you've seen a ton of the pics I have but I'm gonna be a dork and post them anyway

We arrived in Anaheim on Wednesday around 2pm and spent a few hours in the park (I'll probably make a seperate simultaneous TR for Disneyland in a bit cause it's not really part of D23)
    Thursday morning we arrived early! Like too early. I mean, I'm use to sleeping til noon and we were up at 6am X__X. We got the convention center around 7 and were suprised to find no lines what so ever (I think we were expecting bigger crowds like most of Disney was)
    We met up with our friend Carl who was already in line for the Bob Iger presentation (well after Circarama came by in a hurry and hit me w/ a poster :P). We stood behind the Disney tattoo guy who I've never seen before. I kind of felt bad cause I couldn't stop staring at him
    We stood in line for a very long time and got bored pretty quick
    Our motly crew (including myself, Darkwing Chuck, My dad and Cactus Carl and minus Nela25). Can you tell how excited we are?

My dad is very tall, Carl is very short... we chose to immortalize it in photos (note: this is barely altered)

I'll be honest, I can't really remember where this idea came from (I'm guessing the amount of Hannah Montana music coming from Radio Disney) but here's the Sun Maid Raisin girl as her alter ego

After a while we were let into the arena. There are no pics from inside because, as is probably common knowledge, camera's were not allowed in the presentation.
    We waited another hour or so inside and sang far too loudly along to the Disney music they were pumping in. Finally it was time to start (I believe that one was 15 minutes late)

Not sure I need to go too much into it as much of it was covered before. The presentation started with a Disney Rah-Rah video (made me think of Traditions) with a bunch of clips set to mostly High School Musical music.
    Iger came out and told us about how important we were an all that and how cool the company was.
    The big surprise (because apparently none of us had read the expo guide carefully enough) was that they showed the first 30 minutes of Princess and the Frog. As many of you may know, I'm beyond excited for this movie and was not dissapointed by the preview. Augh! I can't wait til December.
    The Mayor of Anaheim came out and also told us how cool we were and how cool Disney was and they gave away the Dream Suite. The dude that won it seemed uninterested but once he got up on stage we realized he was in complete shock and it was really endearing.

Up next was the Legends panel, but Nela25 and I decided to skip it and hit the Expo floor.
    We got some free yogurt at the Disney food booth

We headed upstairs for the Beauty and the Beast 3D panel. On the way there we ran into a couple friends and we all headed into the theater.
    the panel consited of Don Hahn, Paige O'Hara (the voice of Belle), Glen Keane, Kirk Wise. I didn't get any pics cause they said we couldn't take any.
    Basically they talked about how the movie was made and they told us the Beast's name is Mike. Basically the Beast has no official name other than Beast (the internet name has always been Adam) so the panel was making up mundane names he could have. Glen Keane actually drew the Beast for us and when he was talking about how the eyes had to be human and connect to soul, someone said "It is you Mike" and now the Beast's name is Mike in my head forever more
    They also showed some tape from when Paige O'Hara and Richard White on the day they recorded the song "Belle". They also told us that Angela Landsbury recorded the song "Beauty and the Beast" in one take which is just amazing.

Before the panel ended they showed us about 20 minutes of the film (from the song Belle to the Beast locking Maurice in the dungeon) and then they showed us the ballroom scene (which was just amazing)

We parted company with Littlecricket and headed back down to the floor:
    One of our first stops was the mad tea party
    Nela25's cookie's trying to tell us something

Doing my best to look like a disgruntled Alice who just wants some tea (http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/...nderland_2.jpg)

Have you heard?

Alice is the new black (they were giving out bags that said this, but we sadly missed them)

Trying on some hats

Apparently we weren't suppose to take them on our own (there were no signs which was annoying as the Red Queen yelled at me when I tried to touch a different one after this)

Luckily the White Rabbit came along to help us try on some other hats

Afterwards we wandered some more but made it to the Disney parks pavillion
    Here's a blurry pic of the portal that allowed us inside

ZOMG Lightning. We seriously ran over to him when we saw him and just sat and stared at him. He looks like the freaking cartoon character, it's amazing! He's worried cause he knows I'm squealing over him

Pit stop?!

I felt like a factory show girl and Guido and Luigi seem excited about it

One of the Cars Land Models

Wall*E was out and about (and my one big regret is I didn't get to meet him though I did get to watch him for a long time and he's awesome)

There was also a display for Autonomatronics (the new kind of anamatronics that can "think". they see, hear and interact w/ guests)
    This is Auto

And Gladys (who looks like a bedazzeled Tiki Bird)

Auto showing a guest their favorite color

And giving us all the same bow ties

We headed a bit further in and got to play in the Storyteller's Sandbox. It's really simple projection effects, but it's a lot of fun
    We headed to the Bahamas

And saw some eggs

That turned into turtles!

With a stop at the Dream Store for pins to meet back up with DarkwingChuck & SisRabbit, we went upstairs and got in line for the Afternoon with Imagineering Legends panel (where my friend Amanda was already waiting).
    It was interesting but a little rambly. I pretty much love Bob Gurr, he's hilarious. Marty Sklar was actually pretty cool too (all weekend we kept yelling "Sklar!" like Dug in Up yells "Squirrel". Was probably much funnier to us)
    The panel consisted of X. Antencio

Alice Davis: Who told some really cute and funny stories

Blaine Gibson

The Mod: Marty Sklar (who was better when he wasn't doing the scripted stuff and kept riffing on and with Bob Gurr)

Bob Gurr, being all blurry. My fave thing he did the whole time came from an audience question about what he wanted his legacy to be. Everyone else had kind of jumped around the subject and Gurr immediatly said Monorail. It was pretty cool especially when he explained why

Last on the list was the newest addition to the Disney Legends club Don Iwerks

I actually left the panel a little early because I had been getting texts from my dad and Nela31 that they were in the Archive exhibit and Mary Costa (the voice of Sleeping Beauty) was in there standing next to the Sleeping Beauty book. When I got there we looked around the exhibit a bit and when we got outside, we asked Mary if we could take a picture with her. She was actually really excited that we wanted to and was too nice

We waited for the others to get out of the panel and they all decided to go to the screening of The Boys while we went to dinner instead. I still kind of regret not going to see it but apparently my stomach was louder than my head.
    We went to CPK at Garden Walk and had some okay food. Next door at P.F. Changs, we visited with some of the boys from Micechat who were having dinner there and yelled at me for not stopping by the booth

Nela25, my dad and I headed back to the hotel and pretty much crashed.

TO BE CONTINUED: DAY 2 goodness

Re: 9/10-13: Muppets & Imagineers & Hawaiian Shirts Oh My!: A Kuzcochik D23 Trip Repo

Greeaaat start! Haha yah I'm still jelly that you got into the Imagineering Legends panel. Bob Gurr is the raddest.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Re: 9/10-13: Muppets & Imagineers & Hawaiian Shirts Oh My!: A Kuzcochik D23 Trip Repo

I :love: Bob Gurr! He's such a great and funny guy. Humble, too.

I thought that the White Rabbit was the March Hare. I mean, come on- what other rabbit would be caught hanging around the Mad Hatter? )

Great start to the report!

Comment

By this point I'm sure you've seen a ton of the pics I have but I'm gonna be a dork and post them anyway
        But this is why your TR's are so great!
        sigpicGumball Rally 2015: The Beatle Girls, formerly known as The Beagle Girls

Comment

YEA! Been hoping you'd been there to do a trip report! You actually mae the Alice area look more fun than I thought it looked..wish I'd checked it out better.
          Bob Gurr was GREAT! So gald I saw this and Mr. Gurr is a hoot and could have his own presentation next year.

Comment

Okay, on to Day Two:

We wandered around a bit in the morning. Our first stop was the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings booth and the photo op they had set up w/ Cinderella's coach

Nela25 loves Cinderella so she had to have her picture taken

Pretty Cinderella dress (I'm so not girly about most things but these were so gorgeous!)

I posed w/ the coach too

They told me to pose like a princess... I'm really not sure what I thought I was doing here

We also stopped by Disney food for more free samples (this time apple slices & fairies m&ms)
            And by Disney Beauty where they glitterfied Nela25 & I

About that time we decided to get in line for the Walt Disney pictures presentation by Dick Cook. We made a friend in line and ended up adopting him into our group for part of the trip (he was there by himself and we initiated him into our club w/ an extra Ellie Badge we had )

Again our cameras/phones were taken during the presentation so we didn't get to take any pictures. While this was annoying it was also kind of nice cause I was more focused on the presentation than I was on getting good pics to show people (no offence guys, you know i love ya)

A lot of people have talked about this presentation and it was just as amazing as has been mentioned.
            When we talked about it later we equated it to a strange dream that you try to tell people about later and they just look at you like you're crazy.
            The entire thing started with one of the coolest arrangements of Disney music ever played by a live orchestra w/ live singers to a slew of Disney clips! That alone would have probably been enough to suffice me (and I really want a copy of that arrangement) (the end of the sequence was the first of a few times I was ready to cry w/ joy )
            Then Dick Cook came out and like Iger told us all how cool we were and how excited he was for all the new disney endeavors.
            - First person out was Robert Zemeckis who told us a bit about Christmas Carol and then they showed a new trailer for the film. I'm still mostly underwhelmed by the idea of the film, but I'll give it a chance
            - They told us Zemeckis would also be working on a new 3D (mo-cap) version of The Beatle's Yellow Submarine

- Cook started discussing Old Dogs (the new film w/ John Travolta & Robin Williams) and then brought out John Travolta, Kelly Preston & their daughter Ella. (I didn't realize this was the first public appearance since their son's death until much later which explained why it was such a big deal)
            - They showed a clip from Old Dogs and I was again underwhelmed (but I didn't expect to like or care about the film) The gags in it were annoying and went on far too long as was to be expected really

- Next up was Alice in Wonderland and Tim Burton came out to talk about the film a bit. He said it's taking forever because it's such a mash-up of technologies.
            - Sadly there was nothing new to show from the film (just the same teaser trailer) which was a bit dissapointing. They did announce they're doing a feature length version of Frankenweenie which was cool

- The next part was one of my absolute favorites (and when the discussion starts sounding like a weird fantastic dream). Cook started talking about the Muppets and said "and here they are". They didn't show up and he tried introducing them from the other direction. Finally Pepe appeared on the screen above Cook and after he and Gonzo & Fozzie siad they couldn't find Kermit cause he got lost on the Expo floor they ran off
            -The curtains parted and a miniture replica of the Mark Twain appeared w/ Fozzie, Gonzo & Pepe on the front of it. Pepe sang a version of Prince Ali w/ words about how awesome he was
            -Ms. Piggy showed up and sang a song about herself to the tune of "Cruella De Ville". The boat turned to show her and every muppet one could hope for on the side of the boat.
            -Gonzo commented that it just wasn't right w/out Kermit and who would show up w/ a banjo in hand but the frog himself
            -He led everyone in the reprise of The Rainbow Connection (my favorite song ever btw) and the whole thing was just fantastic and magic and all those Disney cliche adjectives. There were tears, not gonna lie
            -Cook came back out and announced the name of the new Muppet theatrical film "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made"

-To follow it was Bruckheimer who really I mean he paled in comparison to everything that had just happened and he showed a rough trailer from Prince of Persia, but again didn't do much for me

-After him was Nicholas Cage who talked about the Sorcerer's Apprentice which also didn't interest me. (seriously, half of this presentation didn't matter to me but the parts that did mattered enough to make it fantastic). The whole premise of the movie is weird to me but I'll get into that some other time. He showed some behind the scenes clips from the film

- The next one was another big surprise. Miley Cyrus came out on stage. I'm not a huge fan but I was honestly amazed she showed up. She sang "The Climb" from the Hannah Montana Movie

-I think I went out of order here as I'm amazed I remembered as much as I did, but they also talked about the new endeavor they're getting into called Disney Double Dare You! which is a collection of shorts made with Guillermo Del Toro. He came on in a pre recorded vid and told us how influential Disney's random original characters (like the ones in mansion & pirates were)
            They also talked about the Disney Earth Series and the next film coming out called "Oceans"
            And they talked a short bit about Tron and showed the teaser they've been throwing about for 2 yrs now.

- At the end Cook came back out and said he couldn't help but think he was forgetting something. The orchestra started playing the pirates theme and my first thought was "Oh, they're just going to mention the new movie". The curtains opened adn a big ship could be seen. Suddenly there was a shadow on it in the form of Jack Sparrow. Again I'm skeptical and thinking "oh it's just a park character"
            The ship turns and there is Johnny Depp in all his glory dressed in full Jack Sparrow garb.
            The audience went absolutely nuts. Screams, cheer, girls fainting and crying! It was nuts! He came out and asked if anyone else had "seen the talking frog". there was laughter and he said "no seriously!"

The show ended and we were all still in shock, not sure we had even seen what had just happened. I was shaking, Nela25 was crying, we were all just dazed! It was absolutely fantastic!!!

I apologize for the amount of text there (I stole some Disney Publicity shots to make it a little more entertaining). I was feeling prolific and w/out photos that was the only way I could describe what really happened. I'm still not sure it really happened or that I was there for it.

With that excitement out of the way we wandered around some more.
            We finally got Darkwing Chuck over to the Disney Parks Pavillion and he too thought it was all amazing.
            Chilling at the Casa Della Tires

We headed up to the third floor to try and check out the Nightmare Before Christmas 3D screening. I had mostly just wanted to watch the shorts attatched (they showed Vincent & Frankenweenie) and so that's what we did. We watched them and then the film up until the end of Jack's Lament (my favorite song). It wasn't much love loss as we're planning on seeing it at the El Cap in October . While up there, we decided to check out the 3rd floor exhibits like the Alice in Wonderland Props
            Here's the Hatter's Hat

And the sword that killed a Jabberwocky

A spot of tea?

The White Queen's telescope (she's pretty and the things she has are pretty too )

This was simply listed as props, but I think they belong to the Hatter for Hatter-ing

The Red Queen also has some pretty swanky accessories

While up there, we stopped in the Home Entertainment section. they had a lot of stuff going on. Disney Movie Club, Disney Movie Rewards, and a theater w/ 3D Blu-Ray Technology. We got free pins, free posters, a chance to win a blu-ray player, and a free digital copy of Prince Caspian
            Disney Movie Club has really cool editions of Disney films like Sleeping Beauty

and Sword in the Stone

There's more to Day 2 but I'll save it for later today. I shall instead leave you with this last picture which only really makes sense to a few people (and most of them aren't on MC ).
            Suffice it to say, there is an elf character that I like that is not the one pictured (if you know who it is more power to you), but the tag line on this picture was just too hilarious and wrong for me to pass up. Plus Darkwing Chuck wouldn't stop laughing at me so I hung my head in shame

MORE TO COME: Cont. Day 2

Comment

Nice report! It was awesome to see you on Saturday (literally just see you... I had only joined the day before so I doubt you knew who I was, so I didn't say anything)... you had the right idea leaving earlier than we did for Princess and the Frog (we were a few people behind you- the first people they told to wait on the other side of the room). By the way, I love your Giselle outfit! You look a ton like her- and I actually saw a Giselle figurine for sale at the expo part... I thought of you :P

^Art by me!
              Check out my
              Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
              You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
              Visit my
              Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
              Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

You remembered way more about the muppets presentation than I did!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  You remembered way more about the muppets presentation than I did!
                  That's cause it was one of the best moments of my life. There's very little hyperbole in that statement. I love love love the Muppets and like I said, Rainbow Connection's one of my absolute favorite songs ever. It was a big deal

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                  Nice report! It was awesome to see you on Saturday (literally just see you... I had only joined the day before so I doubt you knew who I was, so I didn't say anything)... you had the right idea leaving earlier than we did for Princess and the Frog (we were a few people behind you- the first people they told to wait on the other side of the room). By the way, I love your Giselle outfit! You look a ton like her- and I actually saw a Giselle figurine for sale at the expo part... I thought of you :P
                  Apparently a lot of people saw me but no one said 'Hi'. I guess I'm more intimidating that I thought. I'm kidding, but thanks for the comment on the dress (I love it so) and I saw that figure too! It's the Armani one that came out last year and I love it so. The $400 price tag is the only thing stopping me from owning one.

Still lazy and need to upload some more pics for the next part. Stay tuned

Comment

I love me some KC Trip report, and I love some more D23 info!

And we will hang out in DL one day, right?
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
                      Apparently a lot of people saw me but no one said 'Hi'. I guess I'm more intimidating that I thought. I'm kidding, but thanks for the comment on the dress (I love it so) and I saw that figure too! It's the Armani one that came out last year and I love it so. The $400 price tag is the only thing stopping me from owning one.
                      Haha... no that wasn't it at all... I just thought it would be really awkward...
                      "Hi Kuzcochik!"
                      "Uhm... hi? Do I know you?"
                      "No... I like your TR's though!"
                      "Mmmkay, good to know."
                      And that is probably where the awkward silence would begin it's eternal torture...
                      Anyways! WOW. I had no idea it cost that much. I guess I shouldn't be surprised inch:

^Art by me!
                      Check out my
                      Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                      You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                      Visit my
                      Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                      Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Your trip reports are funny. I wish I went to D23.
                        Hi I am new here.

sigpic

Comment

Reading your trip report brings back "chills" all over again. I'd like to add that Kuzcochik was holding onto my arm during the Muppets and Captain Jack...I think we were both trying to hold each other up from fainting!!:yea:

Comment

:yea: :yea: A TR from the one and only (drum roll please...) Kuzcochik !! Love those pics..once agian you were awesome as giselle!! :bow:

Please don't keep us from suspense from more of your trip report...
                            "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                              I love me some KC Trip report, and I love some more D23 info!

And we will hang out in DL one day, right?
                              Oh most definitely and you know more than just bantering as we run across the street to start a Gumball Rally

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                              Haha... no that wasn't it at all... I just thought it would be really awkward...
                              "Hi Kuzcochik!"
                              "Uhm... hi? Do I know you?"
                              "No... I like your TR's though!"
                              "Mmmkay, good to know."
                              And that is probably where the awkward silence would begin it's eternal torture...
                              Anyways! WOW. I had no idea it cost that much. I guess I shouldn't be surprised inch:
                              You have a very valid point.

Originally posted by Nela25 View Post
                              Reading your trip report brings back "chills" all over again. I'd like to add that Kuzcochik was holding onto my arm during the Muppets and Captain Jack...I think we were both trying to hold each other up from fainting!!:yea:
                              I'm not gonna say you're wrong. Like seriously don't believe it happened

All right, so on to part 2 of day 2.
                              We headed back to the floor and tried our hand at some Midway Mania for Wii. The game is actually really really fun and the closest in to an in park experience one could ask for.

Darkwing Chuck and I are dorks and were far too into it.

These are our Serious faces!

The last part of the game is a little awkward and if you've played it you might know what I mean

Darkwing Chuck beat me which was lame!

We headed back to the Parks Pavillion to take a closer look at the stuff within. During the Auto show, my friend Amanda got chosen to talk to him

We also got a chance to meet Lucky the Dinosaur. Here he is with Chuck, just a couple guys hanging out

Did I mention he's absolutely adorable... like I love that little guy and want one at my house ^_^

He also knew how to do the patented Kuzcochik face!

More pics from inside the Pavillion. The Grizzly Trail Mountain thing cars

Mystic point! It looks so freaking cool

Outside we played another round of Midway Mania but this time tried out the 3D (which was okay but not great) and ran into Armadillo4.
                              This time I beat Darkwing Chuck though

We wandered back over to Disney Consumer Products and checked out the various Stitch's on display. Like the Hitchhiking Ghost

And the Bad Egg

And one that reminded me of Audry II

The Tron one was adorable

And Lilo cosplaying as Stitch

I think the Scrump doll version of Stitch was my favorite

We left the floor after that and headed upstairs for the Disney Rarities panel. We were getting a little punchy and tired by that point so Darkwing Chuck and I got into a staring contest while Carl played w/ his iPhone

It was hosted by Dave Bossert

and Don Hahn

they showed us about 5 rarely seen Disney shorts from the years and told us about them. We saw
                              "Destino" the film Disney did w/ Salvador Dahli
                              A never before seen Mickey Mouse cartoon "Plight of the Bumble Bee"
                              "One By One" a potential Fantasia short set to a song that ended up in the Lion King musical
                              "The Winged Scourge" the 7 dwarfs telling us how to stop evil mosquitos
                              The tale of a cat who is driven crazy by his tail and Tangos with it "Lorenzo"
                              There was a short made for the Canadian army about how to operate a tank gun
                              and I think that's it but my memory is failing and I can't find any other info from anyone else who went. Oh well, it was all fairly amazing

After that we left and went to Disneyland (again I'll have those pics soon)

But for now you'll have to wait because that was the end of Day 2.

Coming Soon: Day 3

Comment

That's cause it was one of the best moments of my life. There's very little hyperbole in that statement. I love love love the Muppets and like I said, Rainbow Connection's one of my absolute favorite songs ever. It was a big deal

Alright, next time I'm required to finally say hi to you and Darkwing Chuck.

Here's the rundown of my 2009 Kuzco/Chuck sightings thus far:

Gumball Rally - I was a spotter that day and didn't want to blow the secret identity thing nor did I want to be responsible for delaying teams.

San Diego Comic Con - I forget exactly which day I saw you guys but it was probably an Orange Lantern day, meaning that my primary goal that day was to acquire exclusive toys plus all the freebies I could get. If I wasn't running between Mattel and Hasbro, I was likely to be on the phone trying to get in contact with fellow collector friends. The Orange Lantern burned brightly that day though I wasn't completely "greedy" and did give up the Masters of the Universe art book to Coheteboy.

D23 expo - I saw you guys from far away and it looked like you were in a hurry, perhaps to a panel.

Comment

I want to see Disneyland pics too!

Comment

Oh most definitely and you know more than just bantering as we run across the street to start a Gumball Rally
                                    Deal!

Great TR too! Makes me wish we could have gone even more!
                                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Was going to update earlier but Flickr was down and it's hard to post a TR when one can't get to their pics

On addendum I forgot to add for the Live action/Dick Cook panel... in the middle of the section of Disney Nature, Cook mentioned "Chimpanzees". Some dude in the audience shouted "WOO!" at the top of his lungs. We are currently still laughing about how excited that dude was over Chimps ^_~

As many people have commented in various areas, Saturday I decided to cosplay and brought out my ever popular Giselle dress. I was lazy and didn't wear the wig I usually do with it, but my hair's to the point where I acutally like it better than the wig
                                      Anyway, in the morning, Darkwing Chuck and I tried to attend the "So You Want to Be an Imagineer" Panel but decided not to wait for it. We instead went to the Disney Home Entertainment section and actually looked at the Blu Ray 3D previews. They were pretty cool but I'm not really big on 3D stuff.

We headed down stairs and stopped by the tea party because my dad had told me of an interesting visitor. Enter Momma one of the most ridiculous & awesomer Disney fans I have ever seen. She called herself the gold queen and when we took a picture she said she'd be the Orge

We wandered for a while and it was decided that since I was a princess I needed a pic by the coach.

We decided to hit the Collector Section and while there, WDW Radio decided to interview me on their live podcast. It was pretty cool and the guys working there were really nice. (I know they took a pic w/ me but I haven't been able to find it on their site)

We also stopped by Micechat cause we had to say hi to the peeps . Momma was there too... she really liked Darkwing Chuck

After a little more wandering we met the rest of our group in line for the Future of the Disney Parks Panel. And who was in front of us but more micechatters (Coheteboy, Rixter & Monorail Man). See the excitement of waiting in line!!

Inside the arena, Carl & Pip tried to help Nela25 w/ her Environmentality Crossword Puzzle

I thought it interesting that the Park panel was the only one where they didn't take away our cameras. I mean maybe cause it wasn't much that wasn't already known. This panel suffered mainly b/c there was nothing all that new and b/c it was really hard to live up to the amazingness of the day before.
                                      When we walked in we were handed 3D glasses and I know that I and many others hoped it was because there would be Eo news.

Jay Rasulo being all Jay Rasulo-y

The first thing he told us about was the Fantasyland Expansion. As many others have said, this is basically a super steroid filled verison of Princess Fantasy Faire, but it has the potential to be really cool.
                                      The details and themeing could turn out phenomenal. I mean I think of it like World Showcase or most of Animal Kingdom. Two places where I walk around and feel like I see something new everytime. This expansion could be very immersive and very fun!

The concept art is beautiful. Here's Sleeping Beauty's cottage

Inside, you can create "birthday cards for Sleeping Beauty" to "celebrate the 16th b-day she never had". They could do some really cool things with the good fairies here

Aww see, she loves her presents (the idea of this many cards and stuff being made does hurt the environmentality part of my brain... hopefully it's recycled paper or something)

Next was Cinderella. I think the boy at the bottom of this pic is just jealous of the girls in the dresses. His parents are probably trying to disuade him and make him go see the pirates or something. I say more power to that boy! Boys can love Princesses too!!! (sorry, got off on a rant )

Another potentially cool effect: Cinderella changes from her rags to a beautiful ballgown right before your eyes!

Inside you'll also find a version of the Princess coronation and all that from Fantasy Faire and a Knight school (cause boys wanna play too)

Our next stop is France and the home of Belle (I really hope we get to see peasant dress Belle here, but probably not as it's all about the crazy big ballgowns)

Inside, you'll get to participate in a retelling of Beauty and the Beast (much like they use to or still do at the side of the castle w/ Belle)

There will also be a Be Our Guest style resturant (this was originally an idea for Paris right?). It looks really really cool to me and it looks like Lumiere might potentially be a new Living Character Initiative character
                                      Oh Mike's (the Beast's) in this pic too so hopefully he'll be around the B+tB section... I'm gonna make that Mike thing a thing *should go change it on Wikipedia

Don't forget there will also be a version of Gaston's Tavern. And he does use "antlers in all of his decorating". (apparently the B+tB section will have all the food. Interesting)

I love the Gaston statue in the village. I hope this means we'll actually get a state side version of the Gaston walk-around. That'd be cool

Another big section will be the Little Mermaid. Basically they're getting the same dark ride that DL is getting (we get ours first though so :P)
                                      Their outdoor area will probably be better themed though.

Ursula's an argry mother... shut yo mouth

That's right guys, don't use your words and talk to a girl to see if she likes you, just force yourself on her that's how to know if it's love. *has issues w/ Kiss the Girl*

Eric's jaw looks kind of weird here, but I absolutely love this piece of concept art!! I still super psyced for this attraction and cannot wait for it to open

The one thing I'm a bit worried about is the Dumbo section. I fear the circus part of it is going to be as annoying as early Paradise Pier. I mean if it's themed well it could be pretty cool. Also I hate clowns so I pray there are no clowns!

The dual system is pretty cool but I'm not sure if it'll actually help capacity. There's also a train on the right side of this pic which makes me wonder if they might be getting their own version of Casey. *shrug*

Rasulo also mentioned that "eventually" they would be getting their own version of Pixie Hollow (another that will probably be superior because they have more room to pull off the shrinking effects and what not). I like that it has the Pixie Dust tree in the middle

He briefly touched on the Disney Cruise line and the new itineraries for the west coast.
                                      Then he talked about the Hawaiian Resort. It's being headed by Joe Rohde who's one of my fave imagineers so I think it'll be cool

There was also talk of the new Hong Kong expansions. Mystic Point still looks way too cool!! I love that everything is started by the Monkey.

They talked a little about EPCOT and the new additions to Spaceship Earth and then showed a Retirement Video they made for Marty Sklar w/ the same kind of corny video from the end of the ride

There was talk of Cars Land

And the Cars version of the old flying saucers

There will also be a version of the Cozy Cone that'll be a resturant of sorts.

They also showed us some quick test footage of the big E ticket Cars ride. It was mostly Guido & Luigi getting us ready and Doc telling us to watch out out there.

The panel was almost over and Jay said he had good and bad news. the bad news was Star Tours was closing. The empire didn't like this and sent in their closest agents, the 501st!

Vadar said "AH HELL NOES!! U AIN'T CLOSIN' MY RIDE!!" and Jay said "no we're making it better! Much better! We're adding Pod Races" and I said "WTF?!"

Um.. yeah so they showed us some test footage in 3D and it was all the podrace and I'm not thrilled and hope it becomes less prequel more acutal good films. And I'll be said if Rex is gone!

Outside they gave us free posters for Star Tours II. Somehow I have 2 Yodas. I kinda wanted Vadar though as others have said, 3PO makes the most sense. They really should have done 3PO, Rex & R2 but that's nitpicking. It was free and pretty cool.

Outside afterwards here's a random pic of Darkwing Chuck, Amanda and I before Amanda had to leave for the weekend

MORE TO COME SOON: DAY 3 CONTINUED

Comment

Loving it so far. I'm sad I did not get to see my fellow zonies but at least Timmy captured you in all your glory. Darkwing Chuck better back off from Momma, Timmy fell in love.

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X