This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 '59 patches - Finishing a collection

I'm trying to put together a complete set of the uber-cool D23 patches based on the new attractions for Disneyland in 1959.

I started out with 2 Monroail patches, but I traded one for an Autopia patch, then a very benevolent MiceChatter took pity on me and GAVE me a Matterhorn patch (thanks Nathan!).

I just talked to someone on the phone that I met at the D23 Expo and and they sold me a Subs patch for $20, which leaves me needing a Skyway patch, and a Motorboat Cruise patch.

I figured I might not be the only one looking for patches so if you have a patch you want to buy, sell or trade, post it here.

'Til then, if anyone has a Skyway patch or a Motorboat Cruise patch that they're willing to part with, please send me a PM, or email me @ [email protected].

Thanks.
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: D23 '59 patches - Finishing a collection

Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just starting up my collection. I'm interested in purchasing any of the patches. PM me if you're interested in selling!

Thanks!

Comment

Hubby and I both got the submarine patch. I'm still undecided on whether to trade one for a different one or not. At this point I'm so annoyed with D23 that I might hang it on the wall so I can curse at it every time I walk by. :-)

I hope you find what you're looking for and if I hear of anyone with those, I'll let you know.

Oh, btw, Circarama, I saw that you brought the Mr. Toad car to the expo. That was a totally cool thing to do!

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
        Oh, btw, Circarama, I saw that you brought the Mr. Toad car to the expo. That was a totally cool thing to do!
        Aw shucks, That's very kind of you. I love this place and all the people that make MiceChat special. If my Toad Car gets more people to the MiceChat booth, then I'm down with it.

Just wait and see what I bring next year...
        MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by cruisedude4 View Post
          Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just starting up my collection. I'm interested in purchasing any of the patches. PM me if you're interested in selling!

Thanks!
          Welcome to MiceChat! We're glad you're here!!

Good luck with your patch collecting too... they really are cool patches.:thumbup:
          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

No worries Charlie, this is in the right place
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I wish I could help you out but sadly I only have the Monorial patch (and my dad's not gonna give up any of his complete collection )

Comment

I scored a Skyway patch from a friendly MiceChatter, so all I need now is a Motorboat Cruise Patch. Also, my offer is now $30.

PM if you want to make a trade... $30 cash for your Motorboat Cruise patch. Thanks!!
                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                  Just wait and see what I bring next year...
                  Please tell me you didn't win the Peter Pan's Flight boat that was on auction at the expo...

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                    Please tell me you didn't win the Peter Pan's Flight boat that was on auction at the expo...
                    Actually, a very good friend of mine won that beauty. He just picked it up at Disneyland on Friday. He was hauling it in an open trailer when he called me from Highway 5. He said that he was getting tons of "thumbs up" and honking horns.

In fact, in the beginning of his journey he pulled over because so many people were honking at him he thought there was something wrong.

Too cool.:thumbup:
                    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

i have all six im just looking the correct spelling monorail patch please let me know if interesteding in selling to me!!!

DLR TRIPS: 87,88,89,90,92,94(3),98,99,00,02(4),03,05,06,07(3) ,08,09
                      Future DLR Trip: March 22, 2010 - March 26, 2010

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                        Actually, a very good friend of mine won that beauty. He just picked it up at Disneyland on Friday. He was hauling it in an open trailer when he called me from Highway 5. He said that he was getting tons of "thumbs up" and honking horns.

In fact, in the beginning of his journey he pulled over because so many people were honking at him he thought there was something wrong.

Too cool.:thumbup:
                        Too cool. Agreed.

Comment

I had the great idea of trying to finish this collection as well. Seems they are getting harder to find. I got stuck at only 2 (Skyway patch and Motorboat Cruise patch).

I wished they had offered the opportunity to get complete the set somehow, but I guess it is fun to try to collect. I wish if you purchased extra copies of the Fall issue, you got additional patches. That would have at least made it possible...

If anyone ends up with extras they are willing to part with, I would be interested to know as well.

Comment

I just need ONE MORE PATCH! Ebay has become dry in terms of the patches, so I've turned to MiceChat to see if I can complete my collection!

I need the monorail patch!

I have a Submarine patch to trade, or I'd be willing to pay for one.

Can anyone help me out???

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, have not seen any new onles listed on ebay in forever. I paid a bit extra for a "monroail" patch to complete the 6. I do not have a correctly spelled "monorail" patch yet though. Think I have given up on that one.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X