This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVENT: D23's Candlelight Spectacular at Disneyland - Dec 6, 2009

You click on the Expo and Events link on the left side, and then click on the event that you are trying to get tickets for. The following link should work for the candlelight processional.:

D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
    '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

Comment

I'm in the choir for this show!!! lol you should all come see it! it's amazing!

btw, idk if someone has said this already, but there is standing room....
      "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
      "I do not like the cone of shame"
      "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
      "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
      "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FantasmicNut View Post
        I'm in the choir for this show!!! lol you should all come see it! it's amazing!

btw, idk if someone has said this already, but there is standing room....
        Howdy FantasmicNut! I'll look forward to singing with you! I'm with the choir on Sunday this year. I'll be the one there with the D23 Collar Pin on one side, and the Disney 'DREAM' Mickey silhouette pin on the other.

Sing beautifully and have an amazing time.

Geren

Comment

Can Anyone confirm the Candlelight Dates for this year? is it both Saturday and Sunday, the 5th and 6th? I keep hoping they would add a Friday but maybe that is not convenient for the high schoolers.

Have they announced the Narrator yet?

Hubby and I always do the second showing and get the Free seats.

I do think this $275 price is not that bad, I've attended many of their Merchandise Events over the years, my favorite being the 50th, and if they are doing both dinner, dessert and show inside stage 17 along with Candlelight and admission, and parting gift, that does seem like a value to me. I'm actually annoyed that I would have to become a D23 member in order to purchase this!

free seats good enough.

Comment

Disneyland Candlelight 2009 is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, December 5th and 6th, 2009. There are two shows per night, around 6:30pm and 8:00pm.

Comment

Has anyone heard who will be narrarating the 2009 CP at Disneyland yet? There is an extensive list of celebs for Epcot but so far not for Disneyland. By the way, I did confirm that there will not be dining packages for this year's CP. The only way to attend is to either wait for hours on main street or purchase the D23 package. I opted for the package because this will be our first year ever going to a CP and I thought this would be a "fan"tasic way to expierence it! I can understand for some people the pricetag may be a bit high (especially if you have a big family) but I wouldn't go as far as to knock D23 or Disneyland for it. I think as Disney fans we just have to be grateful that now that D23 does exsist we at least have an "opportunity" or "option" to expierence Disney in a way that we could never before, unless of course you were a VIP or part of the disney "elite". Whether it's a free event or an event with a pricetag, at least the opportunity is there. I'm sure as D23 grows and continues they will be able to offer a more vast line up of free and less costly events. They've only been around for less than a year, let's give them a chance right? So far they have produced some pretty cool stuff. The mags, the exclusive gifts, the Expo, the events (whether free or at a price) and just the whole idea of belonging to a part of something Disney. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Welp, sorry for the rant.....I really just meant to find out who this year's narrarator was going to be! I just couldn't help myself!

Comment

Here's a little tease about Candlelight I found in a D23 interview with Senior Show Director Denny Newell
                You're directing the stage show that's a part of D23's Candlelight Spectacular. What can you tell us about it?
                I can tell you that we are bringing back a classic favorite that I got to direct when we first did it in the park, Minnie's Christmas Partyhere to read about D23's Candlelight Spectacular!]
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                Save

Comment

I am really looking forward to this.

Comment

They just keep sweetening the pot, cant wait either.

Comment

Originally posted by musakman5150 View Post
                      They just keep sweetening the pot, cant wait either.
                      Disney is not "sweetening the pot," they are trying to make it worth $275. As of right now, the value is missing and no one at Disney seems to understand that.

Look, I have no problem dropping $1K for a family of four on this.. I did last year. ($71 park admission x 4 = $284 + $175 dinner admission x4 = $700 = $984) But that included dinner at the Napa Rose.. which had value to it.

Stage 17 is pathetic. Who is the Chef? I have done these "private dinners" with Disney before in Stage 17 and in Hollywood and Dine, next to the Hyperion. IT WAS NEVER WORTH IT.

To some of us, it's not about the money, it's about the value. Disney needs to understand that this is the reason some of us are upset. Andrew Sutton made Napa Rose's menu amazingly worth $175. but $275 in a non-dinner environment? I think I'll wait and see first.

Comment

So lets say if they had Andrew Sutton as chef and Johnny narrating the beloved christmas story would you go? Ok ill throw in a couple of gold mickey cuff links.

Comment

Candlelight 2009 Open Rehearsal

Hey Everyone,

If anyone lives near Thousand Oaks, CA and is interested in hearing a portion of the choir rehearse for the 2009 processional, you're welcome to join us. Thanks for being respectful of our work, but feel free to enjoy.

I'm part of a school group based out of Santa Barbara, but here are the details on the location, etc.:

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Disneyland Selects Holy Trinity for Candlelight

Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 7:30 pm- 9:30 pm
                          Holy Trinity Church
                          1 West Avenida de los Arboles
                          Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Wear your Micechat and Miceage gear!

Suspend Your Disbelief,

Geren

Comment

Re: Candlelight 2009 Open Rehearsal

Originally posted by gpiltz View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

If anyone lives near Thousand Oaks, CA and is interested in hearing a portion of the choir rehearse for the 2009 processional, you're welcome to join us. Thanks for being respectful of our work, but feel free to enjoy.

I'm part of a school group based out of Santa Barbara, but here are the details <Snip>
                            Hmmm! I get out that way once or twice a week, I'll have to see if I can make it work out and make plans.

Too bad they look for straight Church Choral groups only, one of my In-laws is in Channelaire Chorus of Sweet Adelines.

--<< Bruce >>--
                            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Nonsense, Bruce. They have school choirs as well.

Does anyone know if the ADA area has any chairs? My dad stood last year but because of chemo the nerves in his feet really can't take all the standing - he ended up in a lot of pain last year. I'm hoping if they have chairs in the ADA area that he can get a GAP to let him watch from there.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Morrigoon & Bruce,
                                You are correct that it is primarily school choirs, along with some community choirs and church groups. Our Alumni choir from Santa Barbara has been lucky enough to participate for the past 18 consecuitve years. Phew!

Morrigoon, I hope your father is able to watch the show comfortably this year.

All the best,

Geren

Comment

Rumor around the interwebs is that John Voight will be narrating. There was already pretty much no way I was going to pay $800 for the three of us to do this, but with the way that guy has been hitting the Fox News circuit? Are they kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactushugr View Post
                                    Rumor around the interwebs is that John Voight will be narrating. There was already pretty much no way I was going to pay $800 for the three of us to do this, but with the way that guy has been hitting the Fox News circuit? Are they kidding?
                                    And Tom Delay will be the featured dancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousecat View Post
                                      And Tom Delay will be the featured dancer.
                                      LOL

Touche!

Comment

Jon Voight, the pot jut keeps gettin sweeter, maybe he will dress like the Pope. Who is narrating at WDW?

Comment

Originally posted by gpiltz View Post
                                          Hey Ryan,

Funny enough, Nancy is Muslim and I’m Jewish, so she always reminds us to envision something we believe when singing about the story of Christmas.

Those of us who are clever stash our robes, and get four hours of park time. Later, we receive two one-day park hopper passes for our participation, good for use from January until September of the next year. Since my wife and family is not big on Disney or the parks, this is my chance to pack it all in quick once a year.

Geren
                                          Geren. Some people may be curious about something.

You say Nancy who is Muslim, tells you, who are Jewish, to envision something you believe in while singing about a holiday you don't believe in.

The people who do celebrate Christmas might find that statement and attitude insulting.

Do you only sing songs about a holiday you don't believe in, so you can, "be clever", "get four hours of park time", and use your chance "to pack it all in quick once a year?"
                                          Last edited by mickeee; 11-11-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X