X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVENT: D23 Magic & Merriment at WDW - December 12 & 13, 2009

Originally posted by Ladewig View Post
    Checking with my travel agent to see how adding a day or sliding our stay up one day so we get there on Friday instead of Saturday impacts things. We booked airfare on Southwest, so we can change our resevations as often as we like witrhout penalty. Love that they don't charge for changes.
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. If I didn't live 4 hours away from WDW I would be booking with them all the time in case of events like this. As it stands, it's not that difficult for me to be able to take a weekend and just drive down there, especially for something as awesome as this.

Comment

We checked on hotel availability to arrive day earlier and apparently the Value Resorts are completely sold out on the 11th. (We're staying at Sports to keep the costs low, as much as we'd rather be somewhre else). Apparently there is some Cheer competition at that time. So we're going to leave our plans as is and skip this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladewig View Post
        We checked on hotel availability to arrive day earlier and apparently the Value Resorts are completely sold out on the 11th. (We're staying at Sports to keep the costs low, as much as we'd rather be somewhre else). Apparently there is some Cheer competition at that time. So we're going to leave our plans as is and skip this event.
        Check out Kayak.com and look for hotels in Lake Buena Vista. You can find some really great deals on hotels in the Downtown Disney Hotel District. They're not Disney run hotels, but they are on property. I've stayed at most of them and they're quite nice by hotel standards. Of course, they aren't themed like Disney's rooms. However, you can get a room for as little as $50-something at some of them. There are always killer deals on them.

Comment

I think I would die, I need a week when visiting WDW for the first time, I would be completly lost.

Comment

More typos?

Access to the D23 Member Lounge and at the Magic Kingdom
            I'm trying to figure out what this means.

I'm assuming that they mean Saturday at Epcot?

And also in the fine print they have this about transportation:

Wouldn't we need round trip transportation from Epcot to DHS on Saturday?
            --Jonathan

Comment

Tickets go on sale in 30 minutes!
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

Re: More typos?

Originally posted by DOOM BGI View Post
                I'm trying to figure out what this means.

I'm assuming that they mean Saturday at Epcot?

And also in the fine print they have this about transportation:

Wouldn't we need round trip transportation from Epcot to DHS on Saturday?

Yeah, I'm assuming those are all typos.

Also, if it matters to anyone, I checked with D23 customer service and the 1-day, 1-park tickets included in this package cannot be upgraded to park hoppers or any other kind of admission.
                Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks' Notice: A Photo-Packed Account of 17 Days in Japan! * All My Other Disney Trip Reports * Tweeting all things Disney @lurkyloo

Comment

Got my tickets - and I was OVERCHARGED! So I'm and simultaneously...

Now I gotta figure out why they charged me for 3 people when I only requested 2 tickets...OK, now I see - I was only supposed to select 1 guest because they already counted me as going.. Grrrrr.....
                  Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks' Notice: A Photo-Packed Account of 17 Days in Japan! * All My Other Disney Trip Reports * Tweeting all things Disney @lurkyloo

Comment

Bought my tickets at 1:00 (EST) exactly. Just checked and it says the event is sold out, only 10 minutes later. That's surprising considering that I don't think Sip & Stroll sold out at all. Or perhaps it just says sold out because I already bought my tickets?

I wasn't overcharged though, and was in fact delighted that tax is apparently included in the price, as I was not charged any.

Comment

Wow, I saw "SOLD OUT" at four minutes after 10:00a!!

After the "Sip & Stroll" failed to sell very well, I think they went too far the other way and underpriced this event. It is basically the same price as tix for two days in the parks, so it's like a free event. It showed the locals are paying attention!
                      Last edited by DOOM BGI; 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM. Reason: added comment
                      --Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM BGI View Post
                        Wow, I saw "SOLD OUT" at four minutes after 10:00a!!

After the "Sip & Stroll" failed to sell very well, I think they went too far the other way and underpriced this event. It is basically the same price as tix for two days in the parks, so it's like a free event. It showed the locals are paying attention!
                        That we are (thought at 4 hours away I'm not sure I qualify as a "local"). Also, the package for this event is clearly way better than the Sip & Stroll, which was actually $5 cheaper once you factor in the $50 gift card out of the $240 event price.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkyloo View Post
                          Now I gotta figure out why they charged me for 3 people when I only requested 2 tickets...OK, now I see - I was only supposed to select 1 guest because they already counted me as going.. Grrrrr.....
                          There's one from the waitlist that will get to go.
                          --Jonathan

Comment

I was on right at 1PM EST and lo and behold tickets sold out within 2-3 minutes! Luckily I was on right away and was "wait-listed." I don't really know what that means though, as since the event is nonrefundable, how are people going to cancel? Maybe they have a certain number of wait-listed people and will try to accommodate that many.

However since it went so quick one wonders how many people are admitted to the event in the first place? I was so bummed it went that quick. However as of right now I'm supposed to fly back to CT on Saturday the 12th, but was going to change my flight to Monday assuming I got these tickets. Hopefully I know soon enough whether or not I have the tickets or not. But knowing my luck I'll find out 2 days before and the flights will be $500 to change. GRRR!!!!

Anyone have an insights as to how many people were admitted to this event? Or what it means to be waitlisted?

Comment

What with the incredible response, perhaps they will add another weekend a week before or after this one. They added Studio Tour dates after those sold out in a matter of minutes, so there's precedent.

Comment

I doubt they will add another weekend as the week before is the taping of the Christmas parade for ABC and the week after is the busy season.

The event is being described as currently sold out while others are listed as sold out so maybe they are trying to add slots.

Comment

I think the waitlist is to see how many guests each member is bringing. To my way of thinking, the total capacity for most of the events they have planned couldn't be more than 100 or so people, and if each member gets to bring 3 guests, that would mean only 25 members could buy tickets! However, if they go back in and see how many guests members are actually bringing, maybe they can free up extra space - total conjecture on my part, of course...

Comment

I would also like any information from others who have had experience on the wait list for Disney events. I was very surprised that they charged my credit card for the $195 and gave me a confirmation number. My wait list receipt for the Magic and Merriment looks identical to the receipt for my ticket to Disney and Dickens.
                                    Mike L
                                    Premier Annual Passport
                                    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                                    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
                                    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                                    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                                    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
                                    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
                                    '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

Comment

Anyone have an insights as to how many people were admitted to this event? Or what it means to be waitlisted?
                                      The "Wait List" is simply a list of people who are placed in line to get extra tickets as they come available. With events like this, there are always incidents of double entries, extra tickets accidentally purchased, or sudden cancellations. In those events, tickets will be offered to those on the wait list.

I did a little digging and I believe that the original number of spaces for this event was about 200. They are looking into the possibility of adding a few more spots to try an accommodate as many people on the wait list as possible. That may or may not happen, but they are trying.

Previous Epcot events have not sold out quickly, so I'm very happy for D23 that they had such a strong demand for this event.

-Dusty
                                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                      Save

Comment

Originally posted by figgy999 View Post
                                        I doubt they will add another weekend as the week before is the taping of the Christmas parade for ABC and the week after is the busy season.

The event is being described as currently sold out while others are listed as sold out so maybe they are trying to add slots.

What specific day are they taping the Christmas parade. I'll be there Dec 5-12 (now that I didn't get tickets and cannot extend my stay ) I'd ideally like to avoid the MK if it's taping one of the days I'll be there as I'm sure its overly packed. Unless you would suggest going? I've never been during Christmas, so everything will be a first, but just figured it might be crazy... thoughts?

Thanks in advance for letting me know the date

Comment

Oh bother.

Due to an untimely death in the family, I was out of town when the tickets became available and I missed out on a great event. Talk about going from a high (when I learned the event would happen during our trip to WDW) to a low when I saw (and learned) that they sold out so quickly. I could not even get on the wait list.

On the plus side, at least my guilty conscience for not being with my family for the first day of our trip is now eased. :blush:

I am glad to see such outstanding events such as this happen. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one eventually.
                                          ______________________________________________
                                          "Screw with my pixie dust at your own peril!" - Mr. Wiggins

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X