• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoting D23

Suspend Your Disbelief,

Geren

Re: Promoting D23

Originally posted by gpiltz View Post
    Has anyone seen any publicity on the Disney Channel or perhaps while tuned into Radio Disney?
    DC ran spots in advance of the D23 expo and the latter also ran numerous spots promoting their appearances there plus live chatter about their expeiences there. KABC7 also ran :30 spots in advance of the event.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Gee, it's hard enough to get into the member events as it is - I'd rather they didn't promote D23 at all! :lol:
      Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks' Notice: A Photo-Packed Account of 17 Days in Japan! * All My Other Disney Trip Reports * Tweeting all things Disney @lurkyloo

Comment

Disney operates like many smaller companies which all share a name. Different parts of the company usually have to pay each other for services, advertising, and resources. While the "One Disney" initiative is designed to help bring the company closer together and get the units working better and more synergisticly with each other, it isn't currently common for Disney business units to step up to the plate and automatically promote a product or service of another unit.

D23's best friends and supporters appear to be the Parks and Resorts (who put together the biggest and best pavilion at the Expo and who promote D23 in the parks). Which is just as well since most of D23's members are probably theme park fans first and foremost anyway.

There has been a fair amount of publicity for D23, but most of it has been organized and paid for by D23 directly through Ads on Google, email blasts, and mentions in theme park publications (like the passholder newsletter).
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

A free issue of the first D23 magazine was given out to those who ran the Disneyland half-marathon in September (several months after that issue came out.)

Comment

I appreciate the information everyone. Thank you.

Comment

I've actually seen a lot of advertising for D23 outside of the parks. A D23 commercial often appears on Disney DVDs (there is one on the recent Snow White DVD). In addition, I've noticed that D23 sponsors some Disney books. The first one I saw was Disney in Detail: Finding Nemo which appears to be exclusive to the parks, but they recently sponsored The Art of the Disney Princess and South of the Boarder with Disney. I think that sponsoring books geared towards Disney fans is probably one of the best ways to advertise D23. Anyone who goes to a Disney Store will see the magazine and membership gift cards for sale, as well as brochures. And the D23 Expo got a lot of media coverage, which also increased awareness.

I'm not sure how effective it would be to advertise D23 on Disney Channel and Radio Disney. The majority of viewers and listeners would be more likely to join a fan club for one of their favorite stars, such as Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers, rather than Disney in general. If a Disney Channel or Radio Disney fan is also a fan of the rest of the company, chances are they saw a link for D23 somewhere on Disney.com or through one of the many other media outlets D23 uses to promote the club.
              I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X