• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dustysage
    Man of mystery and
    MiceChat Administrator
    • Jan 2005

D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Fellow D23 members will be pleased to see this year's events mapped out well in advance. I'm looking forward to several of these. Which ones are you most looking forward to?
    UPDATED: Blooming Date Change
    D23's Flowers and Fireworks event will be held at Walt Disney World May 15 and 16, 2010. More details will be announced soon!
    D23 ANNOUNCES 2010 SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE

D23 Members will receive notification of special events and reservation times via e-mail, and all events are offered on a space-available basis. More details on events, and on becoming a D23 Member, can be found at www.disney.com/D23.

• January 22, 2010: A Practically Perfect Night of Surprises with D23 and Mary Poppins - Event Complete
    D23 Members will attend a performance of the critically acclaimed Mary PoppinsMary Poppinswww.disney.com/D23 for ticket information and availability.
    • February 13, April 10, August 14 and November 13, 2010: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives
    D23 will hold its one and only West Coast anniversary celebration in the most magical land at the Happiest Place on Earth: Fantasyland. D23 Members will take over all of Fantasyland for one amazing night filled with classic attractions, familiar characters (as well as a few you may not have seen in a while!), and a chance to see rare pieces of Disneyland history up close. Plus, D23 Members and their guests will enjoy an array of delicious Disney-inspired desserts, a special commemorative pin for everyone attending, and other surprises. Additional information, including reservation availability and pricing, will be announced shortly at www.disney.com/D23.
    • Toby Tyler
    Toby Tyler, or 10 Weeks with a Circus

As with all live events, dates and times are subject to change.

Additional D23 special events are planned throughout 2010, including:
    • Pollyanna at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre;
    • June 26: A special celebration at the Walt Disney Studios marking the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney Archives;
    • Swiss Family Robinson at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre;
    • The Sign of Zorro at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre

D23 is also in the planning stages for even more exciting 2010 events, details of which will be revealed in the coming months.

For more details on becoming a member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans, or renewing existing memberships, visit www.disney.com/D23.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: Flowers and Fireworks event date changed
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save
  • ryanvalle
    Not a Minion
    • Mar 2009

Re: D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Good to see the list of events!

What I'm surprised about is the lack of a World of Color event and a 55th anniversary Disneyland Event.

However, the line up is nice and I like the fact that studio tour is no longer free since that is a highly valued event. I'm just wondering as to if they'll be adding anything special (new gifts?) to add value to it.

and my friend caught this:
    D23 Members will get a behind-the-scenes look at the legendary Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank and at the Walt Disney Archives on a two-hour tour hosted by D23 and Archives staff members. Three tours will be held on each date, and each tour can accommodate 50 people. In D23’s Charter Year, these special tours sold out almost immediately. Tickets for the February 13 and April 10 tours will be available at 10 a.m. Pacific time Thursday, January 26, and are $50 per person.
    January 26 is a tuesday...haha

Comment

• Goofus
      Your Average Joe
      • Feb 2008

March 10 - Does "take over all of Fantasyland" mean what I hope it means?

Comment

• Sk8Leigh
        New MiceChatter
        • Jun 2009

I wonder what the Archives event will be made up of, because the Archives were my favorite part of the tour last year, and I was just thinking that I would love to be able to go back. They rushed us out of there too fast!

Comment

• ryanvalle
          Not a Minion
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Goofus View Post
          March 10 - Does "take over all of Fantasyland" mean what I hope it means?
          Doesn't fantasyland extend all the way to IASW, Princess Fantasy Faire, and technically, half of the Matterhorn? If that's the case, my original thought of just "behind the castle" was completely wrong haha

I'm hoping that the event isn't priced high. I wouldn't want to pay more than...say $100 to attend...

But depending on the details of the event, my thoughts on that will change...

Comment

• Joshnyah
            Hukuna Matata!
            • Jan 2008

Oh I would love to be at the first Disneyland event..... Do all you guys think about is keeping us in suspense all year long?

Comment

• ryanvalle
              Not a Minion
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
              Oh I would love to be at the first Disneyland event..... Do all you guys think about is keeping us in suspense all year long?
              Not the first Disneyland event. Third one actually.

First: Disneyland USA.
              Second: Candlelight Ceremony
              THird: the one just announced.

Comment

• jcman3777
                Future Animator
                • Dec 2009

No D23 Expo this year?

YouTube Channel:
                DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

• StevenSokulski
                  • Jan 2005

I already have my tickets to the Mary Poppins event. Very excited! Might just have to make the 1st Anniversary event my next stop
                  I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

• Dustysage
                    Man of mystery and
                    MiceChat Administrator
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                    What I'm surprised about is the lack of a World of Color event and a 55th anniversary Disneyland Event.

World of Color still doesn't have a firm opening date. So I can't imagine that they'd be able to finalize an event yet. In regard to both of the events you'd like to see, I'd like to refer you to this comment in the Press Release:
                    D23 is also in the planning stages for even more exciting 2010 events, details of which will be revealed in the coming months.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

Comment

• mcow1
                      Forum Sommelier
                      MiceChat Moderator
                      • May 2005

Wow, I don't recall having to pay for the studio tour last time.
                      Mike

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                        no flash photography...
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                        Wow, I don't recall having to pay for the studio tour last time.
                        I thought it was free too, but it's typical disney to start over charging for stuff.

Comment

• ALIASd
                          Top Shelf!
                          MiceChat News Team
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                          No D23 Expo this year?
                          I was told by Tim Rogerson, Noah and Harrison Ellenshaw at a Disney Fine Art event last month that there would be no expo this year, so no need for firm deadlines on specific pieces from them or personal appearances, but probably would return next year.

No expo probably explains the costs attached to some of the events listed above, as well as some of those still to be announced. Also charging for the studio tours this time around should probably eliminate some returnees to make room for more members to have a chance at it this time around. Making up for production and merchandise costs has got to be made up somewhere.
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Figaro
                            Disneylander
                            • May 2009

Yea! I am so excited. I will be in at WDW on March 5. Wonder how much tickets will be.
                            The Disneyland event sounds great too.

Comment

• Goofus
                              Your Average Joe
                              • Feb 2008

More on the March 10 event. From D23 website:

01.15.10 - Ever dream you could have a night in Fantasyland all to yourself? We do, too! To grant that wish, D23 is taking over all of Fantasyland for a once in a lifetime bash to celebrate our first anniversary.

D23 is taking over all of Fantasyland for a spectacular bash to celebrate our first anniversary.

The magic begins in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle as D23 Members and their guests are led into the most magical realm of all, Fantasyland! You'll be able to ride the attractions, meet some familiar characters (and some you may not have seen for a while!), and have a chance to see some classic pieces of Disneyland up close and personal, including Walt's Car and Cinderella's Crystal Coach!

D23 Members and their guests will enjoy a wide array of tantalizing Disney-inspired desserts. And, naturally, there will be a few D23 surprises, including a special commemorative pin for everyone attending our party!

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
                              Additional Information: To be announced soon!

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. There is a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferrable.

Comment

• MrScroogeMcDuck
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2010

Hmm, no D23 Candlelight this year? Are they going back to the old way?

Comment

• SnorkletsMom
                                  I see mouse people
                                  • Mar 2008

Ah...more overpriced events. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some of them will be terrific. But I'm still disappointed.

Dear Disney, don't 'thank' me for buying a D23 membership by 'allowing' me to pay through the nose for events, including some that were free last year. Really, don't do me any favors. The studio tour is now $50 per person? Imagine how much the night at Disneyland is going to cost.

This isn't covering expenses or keeping out returnees (it's already one per year, right?) it's greed. They will jack up prices, because they can.

Comment

• Monorail Man
                                    MiceChatter
                                    MiceChat Administrator
                                    • Jan 2005

Already booked for the Mary Poppins event, and can't wait for the 1 year anniversary parties (maybe I can swing both?).
                                    -Monorail Man

Comment

• Kuzcochik
                                      The Yodelin' Cowgirl
                                      • Jul 2005

Upset by the lack of expo (the smart thing would be to do one this year and then do them every other year after that... it's going to lose the hype it had built up after last year, but I digress)
                                      The Disneyland/fantasyland event looks amazing to me. I hope the price tag isn't too high, but I might be able to justify it (since I won't be spending money on expo tix). Interesting array of events here. Interested to see how they pan out

Comment

• mcow1
                                        Forum Sommelier
                                        MiceChat Moderator
                                        • May 2005

The Fantasyland event looks wonderful. The only thing that worries me about it is the number of tickets that are going to be available if each member can bring 3 guests.
                                        Mike

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X