Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly happened at those events that was "worth it" in your mind? I never really read a lot about either event, nor did I attend. Did they do something amazing for you?
    -Bill

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

      Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly happened at those events that was "worth it" in your mind? I never really read a lot about either event, nor did I attend. Did they do something amazing for you?
      The one major event they had was the Magic & Merriment holiday event in December. But it was the benchmark that other events will be judged against, it was a phenomenal two-day event for the price: $195. It even included two days park admission!

      Check out the event thread; the reviews start on page 4, post #49 with an excellent and very comprehensive review by Jaxum.
      --Jonathan

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

        Wow. That was worth it! Now I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a ticket to this one! How was the suite tour? Did they let you take pictures and read the Guest Book?
        -Bill

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

          Sorry, I got mine for DL!
          Keith





          Comment


          • #65
            Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

            Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Wow. That was worth it! Now I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a ticket to this one! How was the suite tour? Did they let you take pictures and read the Guest Book?
            The Dream Suite tour was fascinating... the biggest shock was how small the suite actually is. Check out the Weekend Update from January 15, it has pictures from the tour by Fishbulb. I remember the guest book sitting open in the suite, but I didn't really look through it.
            --Jonathan

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

              Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Wow. That was worth it! Now I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a ticket to this one! How was the suite tour? Did they let you take pictures and read the Guest Book?

              My pictures from the event are here: Dec 2009 - Magic & Merriment Event - themouseshouse's Photos


              We were able to look through the Guest Book and a friend and I asked for, and each received, a piece of the Cinderella Castle stationary

              We had lots of time to take pictures of the Castle Suite and the hosts of the D23 event were simply wonderful.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                Originally posted by DOOM BGI View Post
                The one major event they had was the Magic & Merriment holiday event in December. But it was the benchmark that other events will be judged against, it was a phenomenal two-day event for the price: $195. It even included two days park admission!

                Check out the event thread; the reviews start on page 4, post #49 with an excellent and very comprehensive review by Jaxum.
                To be honest, I have video of the suite, but have not had time to finish editing it and getting it up on Youtube. Maybe this will kick me in the butt and finish it quickly!

                As for the Anniversary events, I got tickets for both of them!:yea:
                Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
                Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
                D23 1st Day Charter Member
                My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
                http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/


                Disney days for 2009:
                Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
                Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
                Disney days for 2010:
                Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
                Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
                D23 and Other events:
                Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                  Originally posted by Cesilie View Post
                  hmm, so, now that we got some more info what do you guys make of this:
                  Event check-in begins at 4 p.m. at a registration table to the west side of the park entrance. However entrance to the event will not begin until 8:45 p.m. Because the event is after Park closing, park tickets will not be distributed.

                  does that mean we won't be able to enter DLR around 4? :l i'd hate to make such a long drive down there to only get to go to fantasyland, i may have to find a way to spend another day there if so
                  Yes, this event is strictly aferhours... NO Disneyland admission is included for regular park operating hours that day. If you have do not have an AP or other ticket media, you will have to wait until the event to go into the park.

                  If regular park admission was included, the price of this event would double. So I for one am glad that it is not! With nearly 1 million AP holders, I think D23 was safe to assume most local fan club members have AP's. And, technically, you don't even need an AP to attend the event (though I understand our point... I'm sure there will be plenty of D23 AP holders enjoying the park that day!).

                  This is the one major complaint I have about D23 WDW events... so far they have not allowed for a discount of some sort for AP holders. The WDW events are higher in price because they have all included park admission tickets. They should allow an option for AP holders to buy the event tickets without park admission.

                  This was always a standard option for the many merchandise events held by Walt Disney Event Services (events such as the Happy Haunts Ball, POTC Adventure on the Seven Seas, etc.). Similarly, when hotel accommodations were part of a package, an option for the same package without the hotel room was available for DVC members. AP holders are "forced" to pay for park tickets that they don't need!

                  I really wish D23 would follow the lead on WDES on this, they planned many successful events at WDW.
                  --Jonathan

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                    The Disneyland Event is getting closer to selling out, so I thought I should bump this up so our MiceChat readers don't miss out.

                    Apparently, there will be some exciting "Surprises" and guests for the Disneyland event. And even though it is a work night for me, I've decided that I don't want to miss this one. So I just bought tickets for Fishy and I.

                    Let your D23 friends know that they should definitely buy their tickets while they still can (or sign up for D23 and buy tickets), because this is shaping up to be another one of those D23 events that people will regret not going to later.

                    And for those of you worried about a couple thousand people in Fantasyland . . . that is NOTHING. . . a drop in the bucket when you think about the capacity of all those attractions combined.

                    So grab your friends and shake them by the wallet until they have tickets too. We'll see you all there!

                    -Dusty

                    Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
                    Location: Disneyland, Anaheim, California
                    Check In: Begins at 4 p.m. at a registration table to the west side of the park entrance. Check In will end promptly at 9:30 p.m. Disneyland closes to the public that night at 8 p.m.
                    Party Begins: 9 p.m.; Check in information for the party will be provided at registration
                    Event Ends: Midnight
                    Cost: $65 per person
                    Tickets Available: 10 a.m. PST Thursday, February 4, 2010

                    Included with the cost of your ticket:
                    • Private dessert party in Fantasyland after park closing
                    • The chance to ride many Fantasyland attractions including Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Storybook Land Canal Boats, it's a small world, Mad Tea Party, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White's Scary Adventures and Casey Jr. Circus Train
                    • Photo opportunities with beloved Disney characters
                    • Commemorative, limited-edition pin (one per guest)

                    Tickets: D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                    Find us on Facebook: .

                    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                      I so wish I could go, but with school in the way, I definitely cant. Taking wednesday classes will probably be my biggest regret of the year haha

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                        ahh yes im going to the disneyland d23 event im so excited
                        Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
                        Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                          Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                          I'm going back and forth in my head about getting a ticket. It would be a real challenge for me to make it to the event and wake up early the next morning for work again.

                          I REALLY want to attend, but I think it is going to be impossible for me.
                          Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                          The Disneyland Event is getting closer to selling out, so I thought I should bump this up so our MiceChat readers don't miss out.

                          Apparently, there will be some exciting "Surprises" and guests for the Disneyland event. And even though it is a work night for me, I've decided that I don't want to miss this one. So I just bought tickets for Fishy and I.

                          Let your D23 friends know that they should definitely buy their tickets while they still can (or sign up for D23 and buy tickets), because this is shaping up to be another one of those D23 events that people will regret not going to later.

                          And for those of you worried about a couple thousand people in Fantasyland . . . that is NOTHING. . . a drop in the bucket when you think about the capacity of all those attractions combined.

                          So grab your friends and shake them by the wallet until they have tickets too. We'll see you all there!

                          -Dusty
                          So Mr. Dustysage, I take it this means that you decided to go to the event??
                          --Jonathan

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                            I am going and it will be my first D23 event. I am so excited!
                            One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.


                            Originally posted by Mouse princess
                            Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                              Unless there are actual details about the "surprises," I'll pass. This is $65 to hangout in fantasyland, which I can do any day of the week with my AP. There really needs to be something far more substantial than what's presently listed to get me to shell out $65 and drive to the park on a Wednesday night. I was at the studio tour yesterday (which was totally great, by the way), and the D23 staff was pushing this event really hard. As each person left, a staff member said, "We'll see you at the first anniversary event at Disneyland, right?" or something to that extent. I just don't think that endless rides on Peter Pan Flight is much of an incentive, as pretty much anyone who is close enough to go to the park on a weeknight and is a member of D23 is probably also an AP as well. If they're really looking to sell the last of these tickets (my guess, hundreds of tickets), it would help greatly to announce some tremendous surprises. Any legends going to be there and give a talk, for example?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

                                Originally posted by disneylandtour View Post
                                If they're really looking to sell the last of these tickets (my guess, hundreds of tickets), it would help greatly to announce some tremendous surprises. Any legends going to be there and give a talk, for example?
                                Then it wouldn't be a surprise, then, would it?

                                Comment

                                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X