X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Wow. That was worth it! Now I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a ticket to this one! How was the suite tour? Did they let you take pictures and read the Guest Book?
    Here's the video I posted a week ago of the tour...

Part 1:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRY_UqyUzk8"]YouTube - D23: Cinderella Castle Suite Tour Part 1[/ame]

Part 2:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEcGJQmjdk"]YouTube - D23: Cinderella Castle Suite Tour Part 2[/ame]

Part 3:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acwOf5KepE"]YouTube - D23: Cinderella Castle Suite Tour Part 3[/ame]

Part 4:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZtN3I4_BU"]YouTube - D23: Cinderella Castle Suite Tour Part 4[/ame]
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Comment

i'm selling 2 d23 tickets for $50 each if anyone is interested, i'll be there but i lost 2 of my guests and i need to get my money back! LOL i'm a poor college student, so if you know anyone that wants to go i have 2 extra slots for cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Cesilie View Post
        i'm selling 2 d23 tickets for $50 each if anyone is interested, i'll be there but i lost 2 of my guests and i need to get my money back! LOL i'm a poor college student, so if you know anyone that wants to go i have 2 extra slots for cheaper!
        Howdy Cesilie,

Please double check with D23 customer service to make sure that it is OK for you to resell these tickets. Disney usually has a no refunds and non-transferable clause on tickets.

Thank you and good luck!

Dusty
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

Dusty I did talk to disney about the problem to try and get a refund and they suggested finding others who would be interested in purcashing my ticketse from me

Comment

A while ago, I teased that there would be a number of surprise guests at the D23 anniversary party at Disneyland. Here are some of the names (and it is very likely that there will be at least one other big name in attendance who couldn't be listed at this time)

• Imagineers Bob Gurr and Tony Baxter
            • Actor Kevin Corcoran, from “Old Yeller,” “The Shaggy Dog” and “Swiss Family Robinson” (among others)
            • Bill Farmer, Disney Legend and the voice of Goofy
            • Margaret Kerry, the live-action model for Tinker Bell
            • Dave Smith, Disney Legend and chief of the Walt Disney Archives
            • “LOST” actor Dan Roebuck, who portrays Dr. Leslie Arzt on the hit TV series
            • Actor David Stollery — best known as Marty in “The Adventures of Spin and Marty”
            • Denny Newell, senior show director for Disneyland

I think we'll also hear about at least one more big surprise before the event.

Tickets are still available: http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/010410...niversary.html

-Dusty
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
            Save

Comment

Looking forward to the Disneyland event!

At D23, I got to meet Bob Gurr, but didn't have a camera with me... If the opportunity presents itself, I am sooo getting my picture taken with him this time!!!

Comment

:thumbup:

I'm goin' to Disneyland!!!

Hope to see you all there!

Comment

Are there any special guests at the WDW Anniversary Party? I hope so.

Comment

i wanna go so bad but the money is so tight right now!

Comment

anyone have any guesses as to who the big name will be? my longshot guess is Johnny Depp.

BTW im beyond excited for this party. I am bringing my girlfriend(who is also a d23 member),mom, stepdad and sister.

Two Guys, One Mouse podcast. first adult-oriented podcast. every Friday at Midnight.

Comment

I am SO excited for the Disneyland event. Bought 3 tickets, and finally got it right this time. I had so many problems and had to email them so many times but it's finally right
                        Does anyone know how close the Disneyland event is from selling out now?

Comment

Originally posted by cierraorsierra View Post
                          I am SO excited for the Disneyland event. Bought 3 tickets, and finally got it right this time. I had so many problems and had to email them so many times but it's finally right
                          Does anyone know how close the Disneyland event is from selling out now?
                          Based on what I've heard, VERY close -- within a couple of hundred tickets. The misimpression out there is that this somehow only sold a small number of tickets -- no they sold pretty much the majority of tickets in the first day, but now there are a few left. Enough, I think, that you'll be able to get them in the next couple of days, but if you haven't, what are you waiting for! Any grumblings about the event descriptions will be immediately forgotten once you see the event itself, no doubt! Disney and D23 don't really disappoint. (Except the "don't film stuff" rule, that disappoints.)

Comment

They just announced who is going to be at the Disneyland event from Disney! This is going to be great!
                            And, speaking of VIPs, In addition to D23 Members — major stars in their own right! — the D23 First Anniversary Party at Disneyland will play host to a number of VIPs who have contributed significantly to Disney's legacy, including:
                            Bob Gurr. Named a Disney Legend in 2004 for his decades of innovative work at Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob specialized in vehicle design and worked on the designs of the Autopia automobiles and the antique cars and double-decker buses used on Main Street, U.S.A. He also played a lead role in the design of the Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Flying Saucers attractions and more.

Tony Baxter. A legendary Imagineer, Tony has played a key role in the design and creation of many Disney attractions and theme parks of the last 40 years, including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, the Indiana Jones Adventure and the overall creative role for Disneyland Paris.

Kevin CorcoranMargaret Kerry. Margaret was the original voice and live-action model for Tinker Bell.

Dave Smith. Named a Disney Legend in 2007, Dave Smith, chief archivist, the Walt Disney Archives, founded the Disney Archives in 1970.

Dan Roebuck. For more than two decades Dan has enjoyed a successful acting career. He currently shines in the role of Dr. Leslie Arzt on the hit ABC series LOST.

David Stollery. Named a Disney Legend in 2006, David Stollery enjoyed a solid acting career before he came to the Walt Disney Studios but it was there that he made his biggest mark. He played Marty Markham, the spoiled rich boy in The Adventures of Spin and Marty, and Dan Thompson in Westward Ho The Wagons!

Denny Newell. A senior show director at Disneyland, Denny is a 24-year Disneyland Cast Member who has played a directorial role for Celebrate! A Street Party, Disney's Electrical Parade, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, Drawn to the Magic and Pixie Hollow.
                            http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
                            Disney days for 2010:
                            D23 and Other events:
                            Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Comment

Will there be any special guest at WDW's Party?

Comment

Originally posted by tslrocks View Post
                                Nothing announced yet. They may have pulled out the details on the DL event to get folks to buy the last of the tickets. We could have something very similar at the WDW event. I hope so at least.

Disney days for 2009:
                                Disney days for 2010:
                                D23 and Other events:

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxum View Post
                                  Nothing announced yet. They may have pulled out the details on the DL event to get folks to buy the last of the tickets. We could have something very similar at the WDW event. I hope so at least.
                                  I hope so too. If not ill be very disappointed.

Comment

I would assume there will be some special guests for the WDW event. I think its good that D23 is not announcing them. DL event still has tickets left and I think it might push some people over the edge to sell out the event. The WDW event sold out in mins, so giving the guest list now doesn't make a different. I think it will make the event more special not knowing the guests for the WDW event.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
                                      I would assume there will be some special guests for the WDW event. I think its good that D23 is not announcing them. DL event still has tickets left and I think it might push some people over the edge to sell out the event. The WDW event sold out in mins, so giving the guest list now doesn't make a different. I think it will make the event more special not knowing the guests for the WDW event.
                                      Agreed. In addition, if there weren't any special guests for the WDW event, they get so much more "entertainment" value compared to DL's events.

Here's the main list for WDW which DL isn't getting:
                                      Park admission for one day at Walt Disney World
                                      Private dinner inside the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon
                                      Exclusive viewing of Mickey's PhilharMagic
                                      Presentation on the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland expansion by an Imagineer

In short, don't expect anything that wasn't mentioned in their list because otherwise, you may be disappointed.

Comment

I hope so too. If not ill be very disappointed.
                                        I'm really looking forward to the WDW event... I wouldn't be disappointed at all. I think what has already been announced is a great event in itself!
                                        --Jonathan

Comment

• Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

Just bought my tickets for the DL party. I'll be there with Nela25 and I'm super excited Now to Priceline to find a hotel for the evening
                                          Last edited by Kuzcochik; 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X