This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23: Getting Your Money's Worth?

I'm wondering if D23 members can write simple, one-word (yes/no) answers, without elaborating, to the following questions. I want to try to compile a cross section to present in a letter I am writing to Disney. If you could just give me your "unadorned" response so I can count it, that would be awesome. (NO NAMES will be included in the responses.)

The more responses I get, the better!

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you?

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid?

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right?

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members?

5) Have you been to a D23 special event?

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly?

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership?

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members?

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?)

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right?

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount.

Thanks -- I'd like to put together a letter to D23 incorporating the voice of REAL members. Would love to have your help!

Re: D23: Getting Your Money's Worth?

First I want to say that I live in Europe, so attending the events is not really possible for me. I got the membership as a Christmas present.

Now to the answers:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Maybe a little bit too high, especially the shipping cost, but that's not Disney's fault. They send it with UPS. I'm just interested in the magazines and four issues for 75$ is okay for mes since the Euro - Dollar exchange rate is good at the moment.

4) Yes I know, but can't use them.

5) No

6) I live too far away, Austria.

7) Don't know, since I don't attend the events.

8) Disney should charge each event, because people who can't attend the events would have to pay for extras they can't use. A solution could be if Disney offers different memberships like they already do with the Gold and Silver Membership. In one the events are included and in the other not.

9) For me the communication is fine, since I'm only interested in the magazines and merchandise. The D23 website offers a lot of information.

10) I read it.

11) I don't know, I have never attended one.

12) I think the benefits are for US members. It would be great if I could use the D23 card at Disneyland Paris. But I think that will not happen in the near future since DLRP is not a wholly owned resort of TWDC and I think I'm better off with my ED SCA shareholder's club card.

Comment

Originally posted by EC82 View Post
      1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you? Y

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid? Y

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? ABOUT RIGHT

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? Y

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? Y

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? Y

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? I THINK EACH MEMBERSHIP/MEMBER SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTEND ONE FREE EVENT LIKE THE UP ALL NIGHT EVENT IN 2009

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? Y

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) STORE IT

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? ABOUT RIGHT

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. MORE

Thanks -- I'd like to put together a letter to D23 incorporating the voice of REAL members. Would love to have your help!
      I've bolded my answers. Of course, it's tough to remain anonymouse(hehe) because D23 staff read the forums here lol

But yeah, hope my truthful answers help.
      Last edited by ryanvalle; 03-25-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering if D23 members can write simple, one-word (yes/no) answers, without elaborating, to the following questions. I want to try to compile a cross section to present in a letter I am writing to Disney. If you could just give me your "unadorned" response so I can count it, that would be awesome. (NO NAMES will be included in the responses.)

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you? Yes

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid? Yes

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? A bit high

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? Yes

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? No

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive BOTH

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? some are, some aren't

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? it depends, if it's within the parks I say don't charge, and if it's the Disney Studios they shouldn't charge for that either. But they should charge for somethings.

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? that can be questionable too.

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) read it, then store it.

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? too expensive for some events, others are okay.

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. I think more and more of a variety.

Did my best to answer yes or no to the ones I could. Not all questions can have a yes or no answer but more of an explanation or reason.
        sigpic

Comment

>1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you?
          Yes

>2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid?
          I'll yes but I don't think it is really not a value issue. It seems that some thought that D23 was like a costco membership to help save money. I see it more as an enabler, it allows us Disney Geeks access that we would not normally have. Putting a dollar value on the experience is hard to do.

>3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right?
          About right

>4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members?
          yes

>5) Have you been to a D23 special event?
          Yes - DL Candle Light, Mary Poppins and DL Anniversary

>6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive.
          Although I have been to events I can still answer this becasue all of the events I have attend have been west coast events. I would like to attend some of the WDW events but being DVC members we make our travel plans 11 months out and the D23 are not typically announce when we choose vacation dates.

>7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly?
          It would be nice if they would give an AP discount when park admission is included but I also understand that they are for the most part renting the facility so the discount wouldn't be appropriate. It would also give an advantage to the "locals" vs those that may be traveling in.

>8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership?
          I think they should charge that way members can pick and choose the events they want to attend. It would also make it more advantages for those of us that are locals. That being said I like that some events are low cost or even a discount price such as Mary Poppins.

>9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members?
          Yes

>10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?)
          Save it

>11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right?
          About right, another spot to mention that it would nice to have AP discounts but as I said before I under stand the situation

>12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount.
          The answer this question is always more....

Comment

I'd like to play:

1) It's been okay. A Day One Charter member, I decided not to renew this year.
            2) No.
            3) Too high. I equate the magazine subscription to E-Ticket or Celebrations.
            4) Yes. I have the new bi-coastal Annual Pass and get the same or better discounts on both coasts
            5) Yes. This year's Studios Tour and the Expo. I enjoyed the tour.
            6) See above
            7) For them, yes? For me, tough economic all around times isn't it?
            8) No. Events should be ala carte. Charging for events that people outside of LA can't attend would be mean. I live in Southern California so I can take advantage of those events. It seems many members live in places that are not on Disney maps.
            9) Kind of. The best corporate communication a company can buy ;-)
            10) Store it. Just okay. I miss E-Ticket.
            11) About right if the purpose of D23 is to be Disney's Baby Boomer high roller club.
            12) More of course. But I don't think it matters. D23 has to become a profit center so I expect the benefits to decline over time.

As a frequent theme park goer, I would renew if they would just create a D23 lounge. Or D23 discounts to the hotels. Now that would be nice.
            Last edited by Mousecat; 03-24-2010, 10:58 AM. Reason: Aiming for the one word responses. Tough.

Comment

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? about right

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? Not really

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? Yes

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive- I've been to D23 Expo- there are far too many events that cater to those who live near Disneyland or WDW

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? Sometimes

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? Charge in addition to membership

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? Communication is ok, but when handling any sort of renewal or renewal questions- they really suck.

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) Read it if it arrives on time

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? Events are ok.

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. There should be more benefits, but I really don't agree to the new pricing for members- All members should pay the same membership fees & not cry about it being too much and don't want an expensive magazine

Comment

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? About right

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive N/A

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? Yes

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? Charging is fine, with the number of events I've seen, including events in the membership cost would make joining very prohibitive.

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? Yes, so far I have not had any problems. YMMV

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) Read it, and store it.

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? About right

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. Mirroring other, I would always like more benefits.

Okay, here my 2 cents.

ETA: Oops, I missed 11
                Last edited by Second Star; 03-24-2010, 08:52 AM.
                My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great responses everyone ... definitely keep it up!

Comment

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you?
                    Yes
                    2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid?
                    Yes
                    3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right?
                    about right
                    4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members?
                    I notice when they offer things but do not use them as yet.
                    5) Have you been to a D23 special event?
                    Yes, Expo

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly?
                    Yes
                    8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership?
                    Charge unless they are things that can fit alot of people and that really have no expenses so no reason to charge
                    9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members?
                    Fair
                    10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?)
                    Read it and keep
                    11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right?
                    About right Expo could have charrged more
                    12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount.
                    Whatever they offer is appreciated
                    That's my input

Comment

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you? Yes.

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid? Yes.

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? For the free 2009 events I have experienced and the freebies I have received, it's about right.

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? Yes.

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? Yes.

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? I've found you have to go on faith that the high prices will be warranted, because at face value the prices do seem expensive after already paying the $80 for membership. The costs to attend D23 events can add up if you want/can attend them all. But my own experience with the Studios tour and reading follow ups on other events like Mary Poppins in LA and the D23 Anniversary at Disneyland all seem well worth the price for each event.

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? I think a nominal fee is fair to charge for member events. Amertizing the cost across all members to include them in the membership fee when only a small percentage may have a chance to attend would be a concern to me; I don't want to necessarily pay for other members to go to events I can't attend if that becomes the case.

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? Yes, tho' I tend to get early word from sites like MiceChat first.

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) Store 'em; never read any of 'em.

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? Referencing my answer to 7, about right.

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. About the same amount, tho' of course, I wouldn't mind more! I also understand that I'm a lucky fan to live in the LA area, where the big D23 events of '09 took place and continue to take place through '10.

Comment

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you? ABSOLUTELY.

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid? YES.

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? JUST RIGHT.

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? YES.

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? YES - THE D23 EXPO.

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive I LIVE TOO FAR AWAY FOR MOST EVENTS.

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? YES.

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? CHARGE FOR THEM - SOMEONE HAS TO PAY THE OVERHEAD.

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? THEY HAVE WITH ME.

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) READ IT & STORE IT.

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? ABOUT RIGHT.

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. MORE BENEFITS FOR ITS NON-CA AND NON-FL MEMBERS, WHO CAN'T ATTEND MOST LOCAL EVENTS.

Glad to help.

Comment

Great share everyone, now I really really have to save for this...
                          Submit a Coupon

Comment

1) Has D23 membership been a good overall experience for you? yes

2) Do you feel you get value for the price paid? yes

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? too high

4) Do you know about discount programs and other benefits for D23 Members? no? (Do you have an example of this?)

5) Have you been to a D23 special event? no

6) If you have NOT been, is it because a) you live too far away; b) the events are too expensive A

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? yes?

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? charge for some, include others

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? no!!!!

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) read it then store it

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? about right

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount. more benefit to those outside of WDW and DL
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

3) Is the price paid too low, too high or about right? About Right

7) Do you feel D23 events are priced fairly? Yes

8) Do you think D23 should charge for member events, or include them in the cost of membership? Some Free and some should be charged, depends on the event.

9) Does D23 provide good, effective communication to its members? Yes

10) Disney twenty-three magazine: Read it, toss it, store it? (Which fits you best?) Store it, will read eventually.

11) Are events too expensive, not expensive enough, or about right? About right

12) Do you think D23 needs to offer its members fewer benefits, more benefits, or about the same amount? About Same, maybe more!!!
                              Keith

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X