Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Pollyanna screening trip report

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollyanna screening trip report

Well, since no one has posted, I must say this was another wonderful event by D23. True - no guest "stars", but Stacia Martin, Disney fan and historian, and Wes (? sorry) who worked on the the dvd restoration, set the stage with insightful opening comments and stayed afterwards for a Q&A. I had to leave because my friend needed to move along so I missed that, if anyone would like to share. The studio store was open afterwards, but not the employee center, where I undoubtedly would have spent even more money! The print was wonderful, and yes, they did use the "envelope under the seat" approach again, to my surprise! But, I guess people had not checked already, because it took some time for the winner to declare their location! Anyway, a super super film and all elements of the event went smoothly.

A note about the Imagineering store opening that morning - we arrived about 1040 and spent 2 hours in line, getting in line upon arrival. We took turns "holding our place" while shopping - so we finished about 1245 (they did close the doors at noon). I dont know why it took so long - they were using both registers and seemed to be working hard - someone posted about scanning of pins being time consuming, I just dont know. But, overall, the store did not have a tremendous amount of unique stuff, and I ended up just getting gifts for friends (including mine who waited in line with me) and nothing for me! Oh well, more money for Disneyland's 55th art gallery event in 2 weeks!

Thanks again D23 - I already have my ticket for July 10th Swiss Family Robinson, which I will rush to following the pin event at Disneyland for their 55th anniversary (yes, I will miss a little of that one, but I love these screenings!)

Re: Pollyanna screening trip report

I didn't make it to the imagineering event so I have nothing to say about that, however, attending this screening was great.

It was my first time seeing Pollyanna so I wasn't sure what to expect. Heck, to be honest, I only signed up to go to the event to step foot on the lot again and see the newly revamped theater. Upon entering the new theater, the whole look really surprised me as the last time I was there, it was more bland and in the process of being updated (equipment eas being moved out in preparation for the upgrade). With the uplighting against the wall and new projection system, things looked nice and modern. I loved it.

As for the movie, it surpassed my expectations and am glad that I watched it. I was expecting to see a chick flick, but it wasn't even close to that, so that made me happy.

I too have tickets for the swiss family robin sons event and am looking forward to that.

Alsoto note, guests received a pollyanna patch which was nice. I didn't expect to get anything so this small souvenir was great.

Comment

They gave out patches for Toby Tyler, so I was hoping they'd do the same for Pollyanna.

I have some photos from the screening and from the WDI/MOG earlier in the day, but unfortunately I'm not doing trip reports anymore. I was surprised that after the no camera rule they let us take pictures outside at WDI anyway. I know they are really worried about cameras inside the buildings, of course. I actually thought there was a LOT of exclusive WDI stuff for sale, I could have gone crazy shopping!

Pollyanna was another good screening, I really like attending these. A fun film, a lot of inside information from people who know what they're talking about, and even a freebie. We've had our Swiss Family Robinson tickets since they became available, I only wish it was June instead of July.

Comment

The D23 staff were offering as a new bonus - the anniversary pin AND the tinker bell pin - for those D23 members who needed to renew their membership at the Pollyanna screening.
        Mike L
        Premier Annual Passport
        D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
        '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
        '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
        '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
        '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
        '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
        '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
          They gave out patches for Toby Tyler, so I was hoping they'd do the same for Pollyanna.

I have some photos from the screening and from the WDI/MOG earlier in the day, but unfortunately I'm not doing trip reports anymore. I was surprised that after the no camera rule they let us take pictures outside at WDI anyway. I know they are really worried about cameras inside the buildings, of course. I actually thought there was a LOT of exclusive WDI stuff for sale, I could have gone crazy shopping!

Pollyanna was another good screening, I really like attending these. A fun film, a lot of inside information from people who know what they're talking about, and even a freebie. We've had our Swiss Family Robinson tickets since they became available, I only wish it was June instead of July.
          why aren't you doing TRs anymore?

Also, thanks for all who posted. I love this movie, and wish I could have gone!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X