D23 And ArcLight Cinemas Present A Month Filled With Classic Disney Movies In August
Disney animated films, musicals and sci-fi/fantasy favorites, many rarely seen on the big screen, to be shown at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood, Sherman Oaks and Pasadena.
D23, Disney's official fan club, and ArcLight Cinemas, the premier moviegoing venue in Southern California, will present classic Disney movies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the month of August, giving movie lovers the rare opportunity to revisit some of their favorite Disney characters and stories on the big screen.
Adding to the Disney excitement at ArcLight Cinemas, D23 and The Walt Disney Archives have assembled an exclusive collection of classic movie posters from more than 70 years of Disney history. This amazing Disney-themed poster wall will be displayed from July 14 to Aug. 31 at ArcLight Sherman Oaks and ArcLight Pasadena.
Beginning August 2, ArcLight Cinemas will present the Disney classics selected by D23 every Monday at ArcLight Hollywood, Tuesday at ArcLight Sherman Oaks, and Wednesday at ArcLight Pasadena.
The focus is on Disney science-fiction and fantasy films at ArcLight Hollywood, with the following schedule:
- Monday, Aug. 2: Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)
- Monday, Aug. 9: The Rocketeer (1991)
- Monday, Aug. 16: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
- Monday, Aug. 23: The Black Hole (1979)
- Monday, Aug. 30: Escape to Witch Mountain (1975)
- Tuesday, Aug. 3: Cinderella (1950)
- Tuesday, Aug. 10: Pinocchio (1940)
- Tuesday, Aug. 17: Alice in Wonderland (1951)
- Tuesday, Aug. 24: The Jungle Book (1967)
- Tuesday, Aug. 31: Peter Pan (1953)
- Wednesday, Aug. 4: Newsies (1992)
- Wednesday, Aug. 11: Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
- Wednesday, Aug. 18: Pete's Dragon (1977)
- Wednesday, Aug. 25: Mary Poppins (1964)
At each screening, moviegoers will be treated to Disney trivia and prizes courtesy of D23, the official Disney fan club.