X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Refer a Friend program

D23 has released a Press Announcement
    In addition, DVC members get 10% off D23 membership with coupon code D23DVC.

I personally am excited about this. I like the discount program, but personally, I'd assume that DVC members are the folks with money that dont need a discount to really want to join. I'd rather see members who renew get a 10% discount on renewal.

Re: D23 Refer a Friend program

To add, D23 just listed the page: D23: The Official Disney Fan Club

The tour of the Disney Archives sounds like a cool bit and if I had the money, would just give away 10 memberships just to do it, assuming the archives means going into the actual vault where they store the cool stuff

Comment

My guess is the archives tour it just the same tour that members can sign up for, sans the fees and headache of trying to get in. Probably just add anyone qualifying to the list of attendees.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
        My guess is the archives tour it just the same tour that members can sign up for, sans the fees and headache of trying to get in. Probably just add anyone qualifying to the list of attendees.
        That's true. Considering that the top prize is a gold membership which is valued at $75, and below that is a tour which others have paid $50, it does make sense to assume its the same tour. Though if that's the case, I think describing it as a "Studio Tour" would be less confusing (though an "Archives tour" does sound better, but a "Studio and Archives Tour" sounds best in my opinion).

Comment

This is really cool! It would be so cool to get a year free.

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my
          Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
          Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Thank you Ryan. I was just coming in here to post the same press release, but you beat me to it.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              Thank you Ryan. I was just coming in here to post the same press release, but you beat me to it.
              It just shows I spend too much time around D23, MiceChat, Facebook, and Twitter (where I first got the news).

Comment

Um, does this mean I am still eligible? I am still not a member.

Timekeeper
                sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I thought it was gonna be like the DirectTV Refer a Freind offer...
                  except u pay D23 $100 dollars and your friend pays $100
                  Originally posted by MainStreetJake
                  Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
                  Originally posted by williamtheking
                  Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
                  Mike Skellington
                  My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                    Um, does this mean I am still eligible? I am still not a member.

Timekeeper
                    If you mean eligible to recieve referrals, then no. You must be a member to get a referral.
                    If you mean eligible to give away a referral when you sign up, then yes.
                    At least that's what I got from it.
                    Last edited by KEBSD; 08-10-2010, 09:42 PM.

^Art by me!
                    Check out my
                    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                    Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                      If you mean eligible to recieve referrals, then no. You must be a member to get a referral.
                      That's what I get from it also. It's pretty much a recruitment program where D23 members are rewarded for bringing in more members. The person signing up doesn't get anything extra for putting in a referrer's name...

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                        Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                        That's what I get from it also. It's pretty much a recruitment program where D23 members are rewarded for bringing in more members. The person signing up doesn't get anything extra for putting in a referrer's name...
                        Yes, that was it. I was confused about that. So, if I refer some I know who is a D23 Member, they get a reward. But, if some one who is going to be a D23 Member, refered me, I get a reward. , Ok, I get it!

Timekeeper
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Yes, that was it. I was confused about that. So, if I refer some I know who is a D23 Member, they get a reward. But, if some one who is going to be a D23 Member, refered me, I get a reward. , Ok, I get it!

Timekeeper
                          Hooray! I'm glad we could clear it up for you.

^Art by me!
                          Check out my
                          Visit my

Comment

Timekeeper
                            From what I understand, to make it a little more clear, if someone joins D23 and they have been 'referred' by a D23 member, that member that did the referring gets the reward. The new member that joins will get an award once THEY refer another new member.

Comment

Just a thought...

Does any of this seem desperate to any of you?

All the discounts, etc.

And now refer a friend program?

Rumors flying around some other boards point to memberships lapsing in large amounts, new member sign-ups few and far between and a lot of unhappy members that live outside Cali.

Sure, D23 is a great value for those of you in the Disneyland area, but are the D23 members in that area enough to keep D23 afloat? What to do with all those other members from all over the rest of the country, right?

Just thinking out loud here, and this is not what I want. I hope it isn't desperation and I hope D23 stays sucessful, but just wondering if anyone else sensed things may not be going well...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X