This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Expo "Contest"

Okay so some of you might remember that last year my art made finals for the Donald Duck portrait contest, I was also accepted in the Fab Five Fan Gallery. Some of you might have even seen my pieces...

Well D23 announced the new "contest". . .101 Dalmatians. It's an okay theme I guess, I mean celebrating the 50th anni is a nice tribute but what gets me is that they're calling this a contest but there aren't ANY prizes listed, no trophy, no free expo tickets, etc. What gives?

I spent a boatload last year on my two paintings, the materials and then shipping them out from Indiana to Burbank but in the end it was worth the money since an award was being given and the free tickets to the expo but the website says NOTHING about prizes this year...

I am waiting to renew my membership based on this contest and the expo and right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do?!?! Anyone know what's up with this?
    Visit my blog: http:www.disneydesignerland.blogspot.com

Re: 2011 Expo "Contest"

Originally posted by terp79 View Post

Well D23 announced the new "contest". . .101 Dalmatians. It's an okay theme I guess, I mean celebrating the 50th anni is a nice tribute but what gets me is that they're calling this a contest but there aren't ANY prizes listed, no trophy, no free expo tickets, etc. What gives?
    Well, since it's about 11 months until the convention, my first thought is they may not have finalized everything yet and more info will be forthcoming. I would post your question to either the D23 facebook page or the Expo page. Although I do know they read this site also, so you may hear something anyway. Good luck!

Comment

Re: 2011 Expo "Contest"

Try contacting D23 and see if you can get an answer from them? My thought was they don't have things finalized yet as well
      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X