Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dates of WDW Destination D and Great Scavenger Hunt announced!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates of WDW Destination D and Great Scavenger Hunt announced!

Destination D will be May 14-15, while the Scavenger Hunt is May 12-13. This was apparently announced last night at the Sip and Stroll event in EPCOT.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Dates of WDW Destination D and Great Scavenger Hunt announced!

I hope they hold Destination D at the Contemporary. That would be the best incentive for me to finally stay there.

May 14-15 sounds great, since the summer weather won't start kicking in for another couple weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Nut View Post
      I hope they hold Destination D at the Contemporary. That would be the best incentive for me to finally stay there.
      From what allears tweeted over the weekend, that is exactly where it is going to be.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I wonder if they're doing Flowers and Fireworks next year.
        --Jonathan

Comment

If we are D23 members, do we have to stay at the hotel? I mean, I've never done any of these events--and I now live here.

Peace,
          Roo
          husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

So that's four days total of events.... and not exactly enjoying the parks to their fullest. You'd have to live nearby or be rich to really enjoy something like this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Wait...I live nearby!

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
                If we are D23 members, do we have to stay at the hotel? I mean, I've never done any of these events--and I now live here.

Peace,
                Roo
                No, you don't have to stay on site. I wonder if they may charge for event parking, tho. The only upside to staying at the event hotel is you don't have to get up extremely early to get in line for the ballroom (if you're into that) or it'll be nice that you can run back to your room for break time or if you want to change clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  So that's four days total of events.... and not exactly enjoying the parks to their fullest. You'd have to live nearby or be rich to really enjoy something like this.
                  Why? The 2 days of the Scavenger Hunt will likely only last a few hours each day, so you will have time to enjoy the parks. Also, the 2 days of Destination D will give you greater appreciation of Walt Disney World. You will definitely learn new things about the resort. Besides, you don't HAVE to do both of them.

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about this as I wanted to go back to WDW at some point before summer 2011.

I was thinking more March, but this may make me push it back a little bit. I have to see about scheduling, pricing and whether tickets are going to be a nightmare.

Anyone else on the fence?

Comment

Same here....my husOtter isn't into the Diz as much as I am...

Peace,
                      Roo

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM BGI View Post
                        I wonder if they're doing Flowers and Fireworks next year.
                        i hope that too
                        I am traveling now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X