This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Store New York

Is anyone going to the D23 opening or the grand opening of the store in Times Square?

They are going to release a vinylmation there that is exclusive to the NY store. It is Minnie as the Statue of Liberty. I was hoping someone could pick one up for me?

I would of course pay you for the vinyl, the shipping, and you trouble.

PM me if you can help!!

Thanks

Re: Disney Store New York

Well, I would have been going, but the site was closed past the 1:00 start time, then when it finally opened it was already "sold out" and waitlisting. It is really a horrendous system they have there...

Comment

Originally posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
      Well, I would have been going, but the site was closed past the 1:00 start time, then when it finally opened it was already "sold out" and waitlisting. It is really a horrendous system they have there...
      There is much wailing and knashing about this on Twitter. I started refreshing at 12:55 PM EST. The link popped up on the D23 site shortly after 1:00 PM, but if you clicked on it, the ticketing site said it wasn't open yet. I kept closing the window and clicking the link on the D23 site until a little past 1:02 PM when it finally showed availability. I went through the process and the payment screens and got my 2 tix. As I was printing the confirmation screen, I looked on the D23 FB page and there was already somebody complaining that it was sold out.

I feel VERY lucky to get in, but let's keep perspective on this. It's a free (I know, $5, but good as free) event that D23 has said will only last one to two hours. Rumor has it that the store will be soft opened that day anyway, hence the reason the event is at 8:00 AM. I think people are freaking out because of the constant complaining (I'm guilty of this too) of no Member events outside of SoCal and the couple at WDW. If anything, I think this should show D23 that there is pent up demand for Member events in NYC. I know that D23 will always focus on SoCal, home to DL, the Studios, and Imagineering, but with two Broadway shows, Disney's own theater, and now the Disney Store, there should be more opportunities for folks in the NY/NJ/CT area to turn their D23 membership into something more than a fancy magazine subscription.

Comment

I did want to go this, but alas, I was one of those people that was not able to get tickets.

And yes, I am upset. Is my life ruined? No, of course not.

I was more excited that D23 was coming to NY than anything else. I still hope to get the Vinylmation that is coming out for the Store, and I don't need D23 to do that.

D23 did say that more NYC events should be coming.

Maybe I'll just go to Elf the Musical instead. LOL!

Comment

Same thing happened to me, but the second time the link was posted, I got a message saying I was on the wait list AND that my member number wasn't valid. I tried again but it was sold out. I did contact customer service about it. I did the best i could, considering I was sneaking onto the Web site at work!

I can't believe it sold out so fast, they must only have like 10 tickets, but now i understand what everyone has been saying about ticketing LOL I really hope more NYC events happen, it would be nice to actually be able to attend an event and make use of my membership.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I tried to get a ticket and didn't succeed as well. Was disappointed that they all went so quickly.

On a walk through Times Square today the video sign for the store was turned on displaying a video of a three story shopping mall... somewhere. The front door of the store was also open and you could see workers inside building store displays and painting walls.

So, it's coming along!

Comment

I too was trying to get tickets for this event, and too FAILED! lol. But I'm also hoping to get the vinylmation that's supposed to be exclusive to NYC, doesn't anyone have anymore info on this release?

Comment

No real information as of yet other than it is supposed to be Minnie as Statue of Liberty. Maybe we should have a vinylmation / Disney meet around the same time as store opening.....saturday before or the weekend after???

The D23 event is on Nov 7 and it could be a blessing in disguise not to have gotten a ticket. that is the day the NYC marathon comes through! oh boy!

Comment

Disney Store President Jim Fielding reported on his Twitter that he thinks there were only around 100 tickets issued for the D23 event. I got two of them, and I love the fact that it's a small crowd. Feels much more exclusive.

Comment

I doubt that it was even 100; I'm thinking less than that. My estimate was between 30-50.

Enjoy!

Comment

Yeah no way there was 100 tickets. Maybe he is counting 50 tix plus each person bringing a guest?
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse