This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Fantasia event in Boston!

Ok, East coast D23 members, here's your chance :-)

Boston 70th Anniversary Celebration of Fantasia

Event Information
    DATE Wednesday, December 8, 2010

LOCATION Museum of Fine Arts Boston
    465 Huntington Avenue
    Boston, Massachusetts 02115-5523

TICKETS Available Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. EST. Check back here for ticket link.

COST Free.

SCHEDULE Check In begins at 6:30 p.m.
    Presentation begins at 7 p.m.

Our friends at Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment are offering D23 Members the opportunity to join renowned producer Don Hahn and acclaimed creative director Dave Bossert in a rare, behind-the-scenes event celebrating Walt Disney's musical masterpiece, Fantasia.

Don and Dave will show rarely seen shorts, exploring "the Fantasia that never was," as they go the behind the magic of Fantasia and Fantasia/2000Fantasia keepsake each guest will receive for signing
    Cool! Wish I was close enough to go, but I know we'll be hearing all about it afterwards!

Re: D23 Fantasia event in Boston!

Dang, 14 hours from me!

I'm guessing I'm going to have to travel to one of the coasts to get to use my D23 membership! )
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Just saw this on D23's facebook page! I can't believe there will actually be an event here. Hopefully I still will be able to get some tickets when they release them, luckily I just got my membership renewal card in the mail yesterday
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

It's not too far away for me, but unfortunately, it is on a weekday, so no go.

I would have loved to attend. I ould make the 3-4 hour drive and stay overnight. :thumbup:

Comment

Just wondering how difficult it was to get tickets for the Boston event as they were available starting today? I noticed on the D23 website, there's an e-mail address to send requests in for tickets. Wonder if this change is in response to all of the complaints D23 received regarding the Magic & Merriment tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by RTDJ View Post
            Just wondering how difficult it was to get tickets for the Boston event as they were available starting today? I noticed on the D23 website, there's an e-mail address to send requests in for tickets. Wonder if this change is in response to all of the complaints D23 received regarding the Magic & Merriment tickets?

Not sure yet I found the whole ticketing "system" strange. I don't know if this is normal way they have done tickets for other things before, since is the first attempt at a D23 event. I realize this is a fairly small event to begin with, but I tried for tickets as soon as they were made available.

I sent in my email request in for tickets and instantly got a Out of Office auto reply in my email inbox with this message;

Not what I was expecting, and still haven't head back yet.

Comment

I got the same out of office reply and haven't heard back yet either

Comment

Got my confirmation email this evening... I'll be going!

Comment

Me too!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticDuck View Post
                    Me too!!!!!
                    I'm so glad you decided to do the road trip!! I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it!

Comment

Very cool FantasticDuck, but how long of a road trip is Duckburg USA from Boston?

Comment

I'm coming from Cincinnati (my location is listed as "Duckburg" because I'm a huge Donald fan)

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticDuck View Post
                          I'm coming from Cincinnati (my location is listed as "Duckburg" because I'm a huge Donald fan)
                          How was it? Any interesting tidbits to share?

Comment

It was ok, nothing really spectacular to report back it was a sold out event and not many empty seats. Don Hahn and Dave Bossert put on a nice presentation. That started right away with Sorcerer's Apprentice segment before Don and Dave entered the theater with Mickey in his apprentice costume. Mickey posed and waved for 30seconds before ducking out the door. They then went on to talk little bit about how Fantasia was made and Fantasia 2000 came to be. While playing few more segements of the movie like Dance of the Hour. All of which is beautifully restored for the upcoming DVD release. They talked about the little know, to most, relationship Walt had with Salvador Dahli, then presented the newly completed work Destino, which is ....bizarre. Of course they quickly swayed the topic to promote Don's upcoming release of Waking Sleeping Beauty, which coincidentally releases the same day as Fantasia. They opened the session up to audience questions, which sadly started out okay but became foolish, mostly non related to their work with Disney or Fantasia. I was sitting front row directly across from Dave and was prepared to ask few questions unfortunatly got distracted by the line of foolish questions that I drew a blank on what I wanted to ask. After playing the final clip from Fantasia 2000 Mickey was available for photos on the way out and Don and Dave signing autographs. They had advertised a special Fantasia keepsake for D23 members and they are seriously exaggerating that by calling the 5x7 flyer on cheap paper as a gift. It was merely an advertisment of the DVD release date that they autographed. I at least figured a commerative pin over this ad.

I am happy they held this here and that I got to attend, however it really seemed like a half hearted attempt with little effort put into it. Not at all like the wonderful events I am always reading about elsewhere. However that said I hope they continue these efforts, it was an enjoyable experience.

My biggest gripe about the whole thing was the lack of organization there was prior to the event. We arrived at 6:30 and got in the small line at the auditorium entrance, there was no directive being given to anyone about anything. After waiting inline for about 10-15 minutes there is a huge line of people walking toward us and get in line behind us. Then for no reason the last 1/3rd of the people decide to split away fromt he line and enter the auditorium. now we are all getting confused and then some of the same people who had just entered the line we were in all start heading from the back of the line to into the theater. I notice they all had D23 membership cards and Ids in hand. So I then go to ask the people who are working at the head of the line where are we supposed to "sign in" as we were told to do. She says that D23 members shouldn't be waiting in line and that they had someone walking up and down the line making sure no one was there, (that never happened). So now there are others who are getting out of the line we were in and start pushing there way in. Though I had my card and ID in hand no one ever even checked it or asked my three guests for anything either. Few people started stopping at a small table asking if they had to sign in there, which just conjested the theater entrance, the gentleman working there appeared very confused as he watched tons of people blow right by him with no verification. In a word to describe the beginning of the event....chaos.
                            Last edited by Disney Magic; 11-19-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X