This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial D23 Event Schedule for 2011

D23 has announced the initial schedule of events for 2011. However, additional events will likely be added throughout the year as they have in the past. Here's a first look at what to expect.

2011 SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE
    The Official Disney Fan Club Announces New Experiences
    and Surprises to Entertain and Delight its Growing Membership
    BURBANK, Calif. – December xx 2010 – D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is pleased
    to announce the coming year’s slate of special events, designed especially for its diverse
    and growing membership base.

Among the exciting offerings for 2011 are exclusive D23 Studio Tours throughout
    the year, four free 50 and Fabulous film screenings on the Walt Disney Studio Lot
    in Burbank, D23’s Great Disney Scavenger Hunt: Walt Disney World, the highly
    anticipated Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th, the perennial favorite Sip & Stroll
    event during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, a D23/Disney Junior Jake
    and the Never Land Pirates event on the Burbank Studio Lot for the budding Disney
    fan, the festive Magic and Merriment event at the Walt Disney World Resort to kick off
    the holiday season and, of course, D23 Expo 2011.

D23 Members receive advance notification of all special events through D23’s biweekly
    FanFare email, and all events are offered on a space-available basis. More details on
    events, and on becoming a D23 Member, can be found at D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.

SAVE THE DATES!
    D23’s 2011 special event lineup includes:

January 29: Special preview screening of Jake and the Never Land Pirates
    featuring David Arquette
    D23 is partnering with Disney Junior — Disney Channel’s new broadcast initiative
    designed for kids ages 2 through 7 – inviting D23 Members to bring their young
    swashbucklers for an advance screening of two episodes of Jake and the Never Land
    Pirates, a new animated series coming to television this February.

David Arquette is the voice of Skully, the parrot who keeps an eye out for Jake and his
    crew of kid pirates as they navigate the familiar waters of Never Land while dodging the
    devious Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.

Following the screening of the two 11-minute episodes, Arquette will sit down for a Q&A
    with D23’s Disney Geek, Jeffrey Epstein, and will also take questions from the audience.
    Afterwards, the villainous Captain Hook will be available for photos and autographs in
    front of the Studio Theatre.

May 12-13: D23’s Great Disney Scavenger Hunt: Walt Disney World
    In spring 2011, for the first time in the 40-year history of Walt Disney World, guests will
    have the chance to scour all four Florida theme parks to win incredible prizes in this
    official Disney scavenger hunt. Each team will consist of 2-4 participants, and additional
    rules and registration information will be available soon at the D23 Web site.

May 14-15: Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th

Following the rave reviews of Destination D: Disneyland ’55, this event will celebrate the
    40th anniversary of the Orlando resort, commemorating its history and heritage. Panels
    will include all-new presentations that build upon the successful panels at the Anaheim

event, including:
    • “Walt Disney World: The Way We Were,” hosted by Disney Legend Dave Smith
    • “Weird Disney World” with Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline
    • “Walt Disney World Through the Eye of Television”
    • A special evening event featuring musical memories from throughout the history
    of Walt Disney World
    Other panels, featured speakers and details will be announced soon on the D23 Web
    site.
    August 19-21: D23 Expo 2011 in Anaheim, California
    Affectionately dubbed “The Ultimate Fan Event” by Disney enthusiasts, the D23
    Expo brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with
    unprecedented access to Disney films, television and theme parks as never before. An
    event that only occurs every other year, this is the first D23 Expo since the premiere
    event in 2009.

Highlights of D23 Expo 2011’s weekend activities will include:
    • 2011 Disney Legends. Paying tribute to the talented men and women who have
    made indelible contributions to Disney entertainment
    • Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives. Featuring dozen of props, artifacts and
    costumes, accessible to the public for the first time in Disney’s history
    • Collector’s Forum. Where attendees can buy, sell and trade precious
    memorabilia and merchandise
    • Fan Art Contest. Themed to 101 Dalmatians in honor of the 50th anniversary of
    the animated classic
    • The Ultimate Disney Trivia Tournament will allow participants to demonstrate
    their Disney knowledge as they compete for outstanding prizes
    • Many more one-of-a-kind D23 Expo panels, presentations and experiences
    which will be announced in the coming months.
    October 14-15: Sip & Stroll at Epcot in Orlando
    As part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, D23 is once again hosting their
    annual Sip & Stroll event exclusive to D23 Members. More details will be announced in

December 17-18: Magic and Merriment at Walt Disney World in Orlando
    D23 brings back its annual holiday tradition celebrating the spirit of the season, exclusive
    for D23 Members. More details will be announced in 2011.

50 and Fabulous Screenings

At D23 Expo 2009, Disney fans were invited to view Disney film masterpieces that were
    celebrating their golden anniversaries — beloved animated classics and live-action
    family friendly films rarely seen on the big screen in the past 50 years. The D23 tradition
    continued in 2010, this time in the recently renovated, state-of-the-art 400-seat Studio
    Theatre on the Walt Disney Studio Lot in Burbank.

The 2011 season of 50 and Fabulous begins January 22 on the Burbank Lot. Tickets
    to the screenings are free (with a $5 ticket processing fee) for D23 Members and one
    guest, and will include special D23 surprises. The schedule is as follows:D23 Tours at the Walt Disney Studios and Archives
    D23 continues to offer this rare opportunity for D23 Members to enjoy a two-and-a-half
    hour tour of The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Archives, hosted by D23 and Walt
    Disney Archives staff. Space is very limited. The 2011 tour dates are:
    • February 5
    • April 30
    • July 23
    • November 5
    There are several events which I'll be trying to get tickets. I'm most excited about the 50 and Fabulous series continuing. It is these sorts of events that truly add a special spin on D23 and make it worthwhile for me. And, of course, we're looking forward to the Expo.

What are you looking forward to or wish was on the schedule?

Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Initial D23 Event Schedule for 2011

Not too much going on at Disneyland this year it seems, aside from the expo. Was really wanting a D23 anniversary party. I had a lot of fun at the first one. Hopefully they add one soon.

Two Guys, One Mouse podcast. first adult-oriented podcast. every Friday at Midnight.

Comment

Not enough going on at Disneyland. We were going to become first time members but may wait another year since there isn't too much happening.

Comment

Add me to the list of people that are not super excited about this list. I think the D23 planning people are wonderful but this is just not exciting to me. The screenings will be great but I also wish there was an event at Disneyland.

Comment

I find it interesting that Magic & Merriment has been moved to the third weekend in December. These dates fall within the "Holiday Season" rates for the WDW resorts, the most expensive time to stay in the "World".

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
            What are you looking forward to or wish was on the schedule?

Dusty
            Nothing. There is nothing near me, as usual. At least there are things near Disneyland. And WDW.

Since we can't attend the expo anymore, looks like I won't be renewing.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

UGH! why oh why most they make the price go up? (I just realized something, don't answer that question! )

Timekeeper
              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I will probably renew my D23 membership, but I am really disappointed that there is no anniversary party, no Cars 2 movie event, no Pirates 4 movie event, and no Star Tours 2.0 opening event. Is any one else surprised that there was no showing of the original TRON movie or showing of the new TRON: Legacy movie for D23?
                Mike L
                Premier Annual Passport
                D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
                '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
                '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
                '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

Comment

Originally posted by btowndude View Post
                  I will probably renew my D23 membership, but I am really disappointed that there is no anniversary party, no Cars 2 movie event, no Pirates 4 movie event, and no Star Tours 2.0 opening event. Is any one else surprised that there was no showing of the original TRON movie or showing of the new TRON: Legacy movie for D23?
                  The list released is only the initial list of events for the year. How do you know that there won't be other events as time progresses?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
                    The list released is only the initial list of events for the year. How do you know that there won't be other events as time progresses?
                    (1) TRON: Legacy opens this Friday and there are only two days left to have a D23 event! I am sure that there will not be a D23 preview at this late date. (2) Destination D in WDW is scheduled five days before Star Tours 2.0 attraction in DLR is scheduled to open as well as the scheduled opening for the Pirates 4 movie. I would be surprised to see a D23 event!
                    Mike L
                    Premier Annual Passport
                    D23 Charter Member

'10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
                    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
                    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
                    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

Comment

Originally posted by btowndude View Post
                      (1) TRON: Legacy opens this Friday and there are only two days left to have a D23 event! I am sure that there will not be a D23 preview at this late date. (2) Destination D in WDW is scheduled five days before Star Tours 2.0 attraction in DLR is scheduled to open as well as the scheduled opening for the Pirates 4 movie. I would be surprised to see a D23 event!
                      Surprise, surprise--there's a D23 event that wasn't on the 'Initial D23 Event Schedule'. Altho' it's only a preview of Cars2, it sounds very cool. Just getting to attend the Toy Fair sounds fun, but add in the preview and the guest panel makes it even better. Oh and BTW...it's NOT in CA or FL, but NYC. Even tho' I won't be able to attend, I am thrilled for the NYC/East Coast fans to have this opportunity. Keep up the good work D23!!

Comment

Of course, the NYC event is on a Monday during the day lol But at least it is something.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

My original post expressed disappointment about the lack of five events: no Tron:Legacy movie event, no 2nd Anniversary event; no Star Tours 2.0 opening event, no Cars 2 movie event; and no Pirates 4 movie event. Your post stated that there would be additional events. I never said that there would not be additional events.

I expressed doubt that there would be a Tron: Legacy movie event and I believe that I am correct. There was no D23 Tron: Legacy movie event.

I think that we can all agree that the NYC event is a debut of the toys for Cars 2, but it is not a D23 preview showing of the complete Cars 2 film, like D23 did for Up!, the Princess and the Frog, and Tangled.

There is one more month until the 2nd Anniversary . . .
                          Mike L
                          Premier Annual Passport
                          D23 Charter Member

Comment

Things they need to add: (Really give me reasons to stay a D23 Member!)

Pirates 4 D23 Event @ El Capitan in LA
                            Cars 2 D23 Event @ El Capitan in LA
                            Same events for Winnie the Poo and Muppets
                            Similar smaller events at AMC in WDW, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, ...
                            (D23 needs some major funding by Disney to do multi city events at this scale. Or see this version of D23 idea fail in the next few years)

D23 Preview or Event @ Paradise Place in DCA (Preview or Event showcasing Little Mermaid Ride, Goofy ride, new Restaurants and World of Color when ready this Spring)

D23 Preview or Event for Soundsatioal Parade @ Disneyland

D23 Halloween party Event @ Disneyland and Magic Kingdom (Either discount tickets for a specail night of the Halloween party, or same price or more expensive version of the party with special D23 activities and prizes)

D23 Star Tours event @ Disneyland and Hollywood Studios

BIG D23 Muppets event @ DCA and Hollywood Studios for the Opening of Muppets movie. Show movie in the Theater.

D23 Disney Dream event (Already missed and failed) A special D23 event on the Disney Dream Opening.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X