X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo Parking

Hello,

For the first expo, to avoid the crowds and parking costs, I used my AP to park at the Mickey and Friends structure and walked to the Convention Center. However, this year my girlfriend and I are dressing up and she does not want to walk down the street in our costumes. Did anyone park at the convention center last year? I was just wondering how expensive it is and how hard it is to get a spot? How early do we need to arrive and what time does the parking lot open? Is there a lot of traffic getting in in the morning? We will probably be getting there early anyways to get into the D23 member early entry.

Thanks!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Re: D23 Expo Parking

I don't know the exact price, but I think it's similar to Disneyland's parking rates. Crowd-wise, it won't be bad at all. Last time, my mom and I got there maybe 15 minutes after it opened to the public and it wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it was dead as there were some people there, but very very very manageable crowds. I'm guessing it will be the same for Early Entry, which I will also be taking advantage of this time!

Comment

I can't say for certain, but I would strongly recommend Toy Story parking. I usually use this parking area even for my park visits as you have to deal with less crowds while arriving and leaving as Opposed to Mickey and friends. Hopefully it will be open during D23 for APs, and if it is, then it is only a much shorter walk to the convention center (right across the street!!)

Can't wait to see your costumes. What are you dressing as?
      sigpic

Comment

can we leve the car over in mickey and frinds parking sturtcere over night
        I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
          can we leve the car over in mickey and frinds parking sturtcere over night
          No. There is no over night parking allowed in any of the Disney parking lots. You run the risk of your vehicle being towed away.

As for price, I'm pretty sure that the price for parking at the convention center and for Disney is about the same, which I think is running around $15 now? I don't use the parking while I'm there since I always stay at a motel so I'm out of the loop on the prices.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I believe the convention center parking is $12 a day. But having an AP with parking makes the idea of parking at Toy Story attractive. I've never walked out of the lot. Is it fairly easy to access Harbor Blvd.? Or will Cast Members try to herd you to the bus stops?
            Leonard
            "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Comment

Will they allow convention parking in the Toy Story lot? I know they do that sometimes but since it's their own convention I don't know what they'll do. I don't want to find out and be turned away on the day either especially since I'll be in costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Choc View Post
                Will they allow convention parking in the Toy Story lot? I know they do that sometimes but since it's their own convention I don't know what they'll do. I don't want to find out and be turned away on the day either especially since I'll be in costume.
                I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if they don''t allow parking for the Expo, Disney has no way of knowing whether you're there or not. Also, you're still giving them money, you know? Instead of spending your money at Disneyland, you're spending it at the Expo. you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                  I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if they don''t allow parking for the Expo, Disney has no way of knowing whether you're there or not. Also, you're still giving them money, you know? Instead of spending your money at Disneyland, you're spending it at the Expo. you'll be fine.
                  Well I'm an AP holder, so I wouldn't be paying for parking (except maybe on Saturday) and since I'll be in costume they'll know I'm going to the Expo.

Comment

Does anyone know where to park if I would like to get there pretty early....

I am assuming that the convention parking lot won't open till about a hour before, but what if I wanted to get there earlier?

Thanks for the help in advance

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Thinking of parking in the Toy Story lot now. Does the Toy Story lot open the same time as Mickey and Friends? Or will it be open by 9am? Thanks again.

Oh and everyone will have to wait and see our costumes as it will be a surprise.
                      FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Toy story lot usually opens at 9am.Convention Center lot opened at 6 am last time I believe.

Comment

I used the Toy Story lot today, very easy and convenient for D23. I don't park there normally, but for APs it is the best option. I saw quite a few people walking over to the convention center from there today.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                            I used the Toy Story lot today, very easy and convenient for D23. I don't park there normally, but for APs it is the best option. I saw quite a few people walking over to the convention center from there today.
                            What time did it open?

Comment

I've never parked in the TS lot. Can APs with parking park there for free?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X