This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Gold Membership worth it?

Hi, folks. I've been considering joining D23, and debating what membership to get. As far as I can tell, the only advantage of the gold over the silver is that magazine. It's a major price difference, and I'm wondering if that magazine is really worth playing so much more when you only get four issues per year.

Thoughts?
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

Re: Is the Gold Membership worth it?

I'm a gold member of D23 and I enjoy the magazines. To me they're beautifully done and they are keepsakes for me. I enjoy most articles. But as you stated there is a price difference. If the magazines aren't for you then the choice is obviously an easy one. But if it's something you think you will be interested in there is another option. Sign up as only the silver member I believe its called and then only purchase the magazines you want online. Or if you see them at a newsstand then purchase it there and at the same time you can have a look it before purchasing to see if you even want that particular issue.

But those are my thoughts, hope it helps.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wavy Blue View Post
      Hi, folks. I've been considering joining D23, and debating what membership to get. As far as I can tell, the only advantage of the gold over the silver is that magazine. It's a major price difference, and I'm wondering if that magazine is really worth playing so much more when you only get four issues per year.

Thoughts?
      I had the same question. Anyone else want to chime in?

Comment

I do gold and I love the magazine. It's really worth all the extra stuff and the bells and whistles.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Living far away from CA and FL, the magazines are mostly why I have gold membership.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

You get the magazines, plus each one comes with a gift (like the patches, which seem to be very popular), plus you get another member gift every year when you either join or renew. So strictly from a numbers standpoint, it adds up. Think of it as $16 for each magazine minus the cost of postage you'd pay to buy them online, then add in about $7-$10 for each gift based on prices you'd expect to pay at DL or WDW for something similar, then add in about $30 for the annual gift since so far they have been pretty impressive, and you probably get a value of about $132 (I'm factoring in the postage if you buy the mags online).

I've really really gone back and forth on D23, but then I went for a few months without being a member and I really missed the magazine since I keep the current issue on the table next to my sofa at home. I re-joined and I am glad I did, actually, even though I really criticized it to begin with.

IF you want to go to the hassle and the trouble of buying the magazines online or finding them at a bookstore and remembering to do this every few months, then I guess it's not a big advantage. I think $130 or so in stuff for $75 is a good deal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X