• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEBSD
    13 Year Annual Passholder
    • Sep 2009

News D23 Expo App is now available

From the D23 Expo website:

Guests attending the D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event are now able to download the free D23 Expo app from the iTunes and Google Play stores.

This multi-layered application will serve as a useful tool for those guests attending the event. Included in the app:

The most up-to-date schedules for all Expo presentations
    Sneak peeks at merchandise and collectibles that will be available for purchase exclusively at the event
    The ability to push alerts of the latest Expo news including announcements and notifications when panels, presentations, and events are booked up
    Map of the show floor
    Answers to frequently asked questions
    Loads of Disney trivia
    Bios of all talent who will be attending the Expo
    Additional fun features such as a D23 Photo Booth, a scavenger hunt and more!
    Source: https://d23.com/d23-expo-app-now-available/
    Last edited by KEBSD; 07-27-2013, 09:03 PM.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22
  • stevek
    • Jan 2005

Re: D23 Expo App is now available

Just loaded it, fairly nice app.

Comment

• bfdf55
      MiceChatter
      • Jun 2007

D23 Expo APP

Just downloaded the D23 Expo App. Kind of a mixed bag. The Schedule page looks like it will be valuable, as is the FAQ page.

There isn't any content in the "More Info" tabs in any of the pavilion/exhibitor pages at the moment, I'm guessing that they will be adding some as the Expo gets started. Don't know what they intend to have there anyway.

I noticed that ESPN and the Disney Studio, along with Pixar, Marvel and Lucas aren't indicated anywhere.

Finally, the map is a disappointment. It's just a PDF of the space. When you are in a pavilion page and select "Show on Map", it just shows the entire map with a small gold Mickey icon indicating the location. It took me a couple of tries to realize that since there are so many Mickey shaped items in the map.

I would have thought that they would make the map a lot clearer. In my recollection of the last show, a lot of the layout of the show was based on the actual convention center design. This map is so cluttered that it's hard to distinguish the convention center layout, and how the exhibit space relates to it.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
        Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Re: D23 Expo APP

Is there some way to filter out the presentations from the other stuff? There is so much info at once, it is overwhelming.

On the FB page, they said they'd be updating the map.

(BTW, I merged the two App threads)
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• KEBSD
          13 Year Annual Passholder
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
          Is there some way to filter out the presentations from the other stuff? There is so much info at once, it is overwhelming.

On the FB page, they said they'd be updating the map.

(BTW, I merged the two App threads)
          I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking if there is any way to weed out the actual stage/arena presentations from the smaller show floor events (i.e. meet and greets)? If so, I don't think there is a way to do so.

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my
          Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
          Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

• NeverNeverland
            Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
            I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking if there is any way to weed out the actual stage/arena presentations from the smaller show floor events (i.e. meet and greets)? If so, I don't think there is a way to do so.
            Yeah, I jstu want to see the big presentations, the ones in the big main arena and the other stages (28?) so I can plan the other events around those. They have a bunch of filters, but not one for those.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• bfdf55
              MiceChatter
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
              Yeah, I jstu want to see the big presentations, the ones in the big main arena and the other stages (28?) so I can plan the other events around those. They have a bunch of filters, but not one for those.
              The only way I can see doing it is to just go through all the available choices and add the ones you want to your favorites. Once you've done that, you can show just those in your favorites list. that way, during the expo, you won't have to deal with those sessions you're not interested in.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X