• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Semiquaver
    Mouseketeer
    • Jan 2008

[Idea] Virtual Ticket

In order to reach the multitudes of people who cannot make it to the expo, Disney should provide the option of a Virtual Ticket. Provide live feed of the panels online! I sure would pay for that, and I bet many other people would too.

If they include this in the regular ticket, guests attending the convention itself could use this feature to take it all in while waiting in line. Disney could really redeem themselves from the mishaps of the past two expos with this simple move.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney
  • Attic Haunt
    Lurking in the corners
    • Apr 2013

Re: Virtual Ticket

I'd sign up for that!
    sigpic
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

• Roger55
      Just another Disney fan..
      • Jan 2005

Don't you think it would lower the attendance and also promote a lot of online piracy? And what would prevent someone from buying one virtual ticket and throwing a party with multitudes of friends all sharing the one ticket? One computer and a large display would work well for sharing the "magic" with others without everyone paying.

Comment

• Semiquaver
        Mouseketeer
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
        Don't you think it would lower the attendance and also promote a lot of online piracy? And what would prevent someone from buying one virtual ticket and throwing a party with multitudes of friends all sharing the one ticket? One computer and a large display would work well for sharing the "magic" with others without everyone paying.
        Last Expo had sold out days, it felt crowded, and yet people still wanted to be there to experience it live. That's kind of the point of any convention. A virtual ticket would NOT provide actual participation in Q and A's, meet and greets with Disney Legends and imagineers, probably the Legends ceremony itself, access to the dealers or stores or pavilions, the costume contest, and some smaller panels would end up excluded. That's a lot of experience left out. I don't think they would lose too many people by providing this option. Anything they would lose would pale in comparison to the number they could pull in to by offering a virtual ticket to Disney fans who cannot make it.

As to piracy, more likely a get together on the first day would inspire people to sign up for a virtual ticket on the other days themselves. I can't really see someone throwing a party for all 3 days of the event. If they do, free marketing for Disney.
        "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X