X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So furious!!!!!

Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    So you're more concerned about being part of something because of it's exclusive, not because of the actual experience itself? That's one of the main points I made: being able to have reserved seats (not wait in 4 hour lines), getting cool swag, having free snacks, seeing the showroom floor a day in advance, having more merchandise available,etc is why I want the Sorcerer Package for y mother and I. I know I'm not the only person who's superfanatic/obsessed with Disney, and I'm all about more people being able to have this cool experience. Having something unique is great, but personally I'd be more happy if I knew those who really, really wanted the same thing could have it too.
    The biggest part of the experience is that it's exclusive. For example, how can you have short lines if everyone is able to access it? There are short lines because it's LIMITED. Free snacks, exclusive merchandise... that's all based on making the package exclusive.

Unfortunately what you are saying you want (making it available to anyone) is exactly the opposite of what you want (the perks of an exclusive event). So... your arguments doesn't make much sense as far as applying it in the real world.

I'm not saying you're wrong for wishing everyone could have the same experience, that's a very kind idea, but it's just not realistic.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
      The biggest part of the experience is that it's exclusive. For example, how can you have short lines if everyone is able to access it? There are short lines because it's LIMITED. Free snacks, exclusive merchandise... that's all based on making the package exclusive.

Unfortunately what you are saying you want (making it available to anyone) is exactly the opposite of what you want (the perks of an exclusive event). So... your arguments doesn't make much sense as far as applying it in the real world.

I'm not saying you're wrong for wishing everyone could have the same experience, that's a very kind idea, but it's just not realistic.
      Kelly, I never said they should make it available to everyone or that everyone should have it. I simply said there should be a little more availability so it's not an essential impossibility for people like me and others that have saved up the money and tried to purchase tickets at the exact time they went on sale. Also, it's not just about "exclusive" merchandise...it's also about getting access to general merchandise before the general public (getting a tour of the show room floor the night before the expo opens, getting to shop the stores before, etc) It's about getting things first: seeing everything first, buying merch first, sitting down at shows first. You're paying a grip of money for time: so you don't have to spend upto 6 hours a day waiting in lines, your seats are reserved.

You keep stressing the the term "exclusive." Yes it's exclusive, but the Sorcerer Package, to me at least, is A LOT more "being exclusive" and to me that's not the reason I want it (I have zero interest in the "look at at, I'm part of an exclusive group" mentality). Again like I said before, for me, it's about the fact my mother and I won't have to wait in 4 hour lines to see the presentations in the arena, and not miss other big presentations because 2 hour lines for them have already started. We'd have reserved seats to all these shows. It's about special tours of pavilions and exhibits before the expo has even opened. It's a VIP experience I would have PAID for (paid A TON for), because to Disney superfanatic like me all the perks are worth it, and I've never experienced it before, and it's my gift for my mother who's never been to D23.

The bottom line for me: It's not about being special from anyone else, it's about being able to experience the expo in the best possible way my mom and I can. And the purpose of my original post was simply to release my frustration because this was something I want very, very badly and have wanted for a very, very long time...and was denied despite having all my ducks in a row. That's all.

Comment

Kelly, I never said they should make it available to everyone or that everyone should have it. I simply said there should be a little more availability so it's not an essential impossibility for people like me and others that have saved up the money and tried to purchase tickets at the exact time they went on sale. Also, it's not just about "exclusive" merchandise...it's also about getting access to general merchandise before the general public (getting a tour of the show room floor the night before the expo opens, getting to shop the stores before, etc) It's about getting things first: seeing everything first, buying merch first, sitting down at shows first. You're paying a grip of money for time: so you don't have to spend upto 6 hours a day waiting in lines, your seats are reserved.

You keep stressing the the term "exclusive." Yes it's exclusive, but the Sorcerer Package, to me at least, is A LOT more "being exclusive" and to me that's not the reason I want it (I have zero interest in the "look at at, I'm part of an exclusive group" mentality). Again like I said before, for me, it's about the fact my mother and I won't have to wait in 4 hour lines to see the presentations in the arena, and not miss other big presentations because 2 hour lines for them have already started. We'd have reserved seats to all these shows. It's about special tours of pavilions and exhibits before the expo has even opened. It's a VIP experience I would have PAID for (paid A TON for), because to Disney superfanatic like me all the perks are worth it, and I've never experienced it before, and it's my gift for my mother who's never been to D23.

The bottom line for me: It's not about being special from anyone else, it's about being able to experience the expo in the best possible way my mom and I can. And the purpose of my original post was simply to release my frustration because this was something I want very, very badly and have wanted for a very, very long time...and was denied despite having all my ducks in a row. That's all.
        There are three types of Sorcerer's....

1. The people who are the "look at me, look at me, I'm special. I know all the names of the D23 staff and I've been a Sorcerer since Day 1. We should get exclusive rights to pre-purchase before everyone else". There are always a few in the group like that. The biggest issue I have with these types of people is that they aren't very Disney friendly. They aren't there for the spirit of Disney... more-so just to make an appearance. I hate it.

2. The eBay people. They buy the ticket for the merch and then make a buttload of money on eBay. I admit, I sell my gifts and some merch on eBay myself to cover the cost of the ticket, but some are there to make a PROFIT. I have no problems with these people because this is America. That's how things work in this country. It bothers me when people complain about this.

3. The people who are there to skip all of the lines. This is me and MOST Sorcerer's. I love Disney, but I will NOT go to D23 Expo if I have to wait 4+ hours to MAYBE get a seat. Sorry. I would rather just follow along on Twitter at home. Plus the extra pre-show tours, parties, meet-and-greets, and lounges really make it special.

Did you get on the waitlist Mondo Mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by ethanwa View Post
          There are three types of Sorcerer's....

1. The people who are the "look at me, look at me, I'm special. I know all the names of the D23 staff and I've been a Sorcerer since Day 1. We should get exclusive rights to pre-purchase before everyone else". There are always a few in the group like that. The biggest issue I have with these types of people is that they aren't very Disney friendly. They aren't there for the spirit of Disney... more-so just to make an appearance. I hate it.

2. The eBay people. They buy the ticket for the merch and then make a buttload of money on eBay. I admit, I sell my gifts and some merch on eBay myself to cover the cost of the ticket, but some are there to make a PROFIT. I have no problems with these people because this is America. That's how things work in this country. It bothers me when people complain about this.

3. The people who are there to skip all of the lines. This is me and MOST Sorcerer's. I love Disney, but I will NOT go to D23 Expo if I have to wait 4+ hours to MAYBE get a seat. Sorry. I would rather just follow along on Twitter at home. Plus the extra pre-show tours, parties, meet-and-greets, and lounges really make it special.

Did you get on the waitlist Mondo Mouse?

I did get on the waitlist, which I have a strong feeling is not going to amount to anything.

I have a HUGE problem with "the ebay people" because they're taking away spots from people like me and others who have a strong love for Disney (not just people who like Disney, but who are HARDCORE fans). Getting Sorcerer tickets for the main purpose of selling the merch you get/buy is incredibly selfish.

Comment

There is something to be said for organizing, if you're expecting numbers in the 40,000+ range over the course of 3 days, with proper management you should be able to provide enough coverage, support, and systems in place to maintain a luxury package and feel for up to 1000 people, and to be honest a group organizing for a Disney convention should be able to pull this off without breaking a sweat.

To be fair, to actually offer a non-biased approach, is they should open a "Sorcerer applications/golden ticket" style draw in advance of tickets. Those with the means/interest can enter with their membership ID + full legal information to prevent gaming and such, and then from this X are drawn from the pool of interest and gifted the opportunity by associating 1-2 tickets based on application to that member ID with a 48 hour window to login and purchase from the launch date of the ticket site.

In this scenario, everyone has an equal chance, no one would have to fight online issues, you just login with time, and decide to forgo or buy in. Those that forgo, their reserves are tossed back to the drawing pool of entered till exhausted and released to general open interest. If I didn't win oh well drat, try next year, but if I did, it would feel quite magical.

Comment

Originally posted by silvanoshei View Post
              There is something to be said for organizing, if you're expecting numbers in the 40,000+ range over the course of 3 days, with proper management you should be able to provide enough coverage, support, and systems in place to maintain a luxury package and feel for up to 1000 people, and to be honest a group organizing for a Disney convention should be able to pull this off without breaking a sweat.

To be fair, to actually offer a non-biased approach, is they should open a "Sorcerer applications/golden ticket" style draw in advance of tickets. Those with the means/interest can enter with their membership ID + full legal information to prevent gaming and such, and then from this X are drawn from the pool of interest and gifted the opportunity by associating 1-2 tickets based on application to that member ID with a 48 hour window to login and purchase from the launch date of the ticket site.

In this scenario, everyone has an equal chance, no one would have to fight online issues, you just login with time, and decide to forgo or buy in. Those that forgo, their reserves are tossed back to the drawing pool of entered till exhausted and released to general open interest. If I didn't win oh well drat, try next year, but if I did, it would feel quite magical.
              YES!!! EXACTLY, a FAIR way of doing it!!!

Thank you Silvanoshei! :bow:

Comment

Just so we're clear, here... I believe having early access to merchandise could be called having "exclusive" access, because it is limited and something you pay for.

I don't know why the terms "exclusive" has become a negative. It's merely a description of this exact situation. You are paying for exclusive access to something, which is why it's priced higher and only available to a limited number. There's nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with being "elite". Please don't confuse the two.

I don't fault anyone for wanting these tickets at all. And a raffle is a great idea to make access more affordable.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                  Just so we're clear, here... I believe having early access to merchandise could be called having "exclusive" access, because it is limited and something you pay for.

I don't know why the terms "exclusive" has become a negative. It's merely a description of this exact situation. You are paying for exclusive access to something, which is why it's priced higher and only available to a limited number. There's nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with being "elite". Please don't confuse the two.

I don't fault anyone for wanting these tickets at all. And a raffle is a great idea to make access more affordable.
                  Kelly, I'm not implying the word "exclusive" is negative, nor am I confusing it with "elite" as you've implied. But in the case of the Sorcerer Package, the words limited, exclusive, elite, special, and VIP all applicable.

And what everyone needs to realize is that, as I've stated before, the only points I had in my original post which started is this thread was to voice my frustration at not being able to get Sorcerer Package tickets, and voicing my frustration with the obviously flawed and unfair system with which these tickets are sold.

Comment

I'm hoping you are a younger person and that this experience will teach you an important lesson that will be helpful to you for the rest of your life.

Wanting REALLY BAD and Trying REALLY HARD does NOT equal DESERVING or ALWAYS getting. And not getting does not equal UNFAIR.

Obviously a LOT more people wanted the sorcerer package than there were available. A LOT of people are in the same situation as you and without a package. A LOT of people tried just as hard or maybe even HARDER than you to get in. And I'm sure there were people who wanted it just as bad or even MORE than you and yet they still were denied.

Thy system has some room for improvement. But the system was the SAME for everyone. There was no favortism given other than how timely you started the process and the luck of the draw. This was an equal playing field for everyone which means though it maybe was flawed, it was FAIR.

I hope you take these words as good advice and don't just get annoyed by them. It really is a good lesson in life to learn and will save you countless amounts of frustration, stress and anger.
                    Last edited by Roger55; 08-25-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Kelly, I'm not implying the word "exclusive" is negative, nor am I confusing it with "elite" as you've implied. But in the case of the Sorcerer Package, the words limited, exclusive, elite, special, and VIP all applicable.

And what everyone needs to realize is that, as I've stated before, the only points I had in my original post which started is this thread was to voice my frustration at not being able to get Sorcerer Package tickets, and voicing my frustration with the obviously flawed and unfair system with which these tickets are sold.
                      Oh the system is fair....just not in the eye of the beholder...

Comment

So as the dust settles, any word on movement on the wait list? Hope the best for all of us.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X