Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D23 2015: Who's going?

I'll be there Friday! This will be my first expo. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I'm going all 3 days! This'll be my second Expo since 2011, which though I had fun, I felt had a lot of organizing issues. Hoping this year is a lot more smooth than previous expos.
      Check out my blog Magic Ala Mode: The Blog for the Grown Up Disney Gal!

http://magicalamode.blogspot.com/

Officially online at 8/25/2011

Comment

I'm not going after the horrid 2011 and 2013. I wouldn't put myself through it.

Originally posted by jasonk5 View Post
        2) How did Stagepass work?
        Stagepass is a bit like Fastpass. It's about the one thing that did work for the one session I wanted to go last time.

3) Are you really not allowed to hold place in line for family members? While I do applaud the spirit of this rule (one guy lets in 20 of his buddies), my little ones and unapproving wife won't want to camp out in line for hours.
        They clamped down in 2013, but it was still bad. Even with Stagepass you have to line up reasonably earlu. In 2011 it was an absolute joke which makes me angry thinking about it. So if you're OK with not attending things with your family, take the chance if they are unwilling to wait.

4) How have the stores worked? I'm not a pin collector, but would like some of the exclusive merchandise. As soon as the convention opens, then you get in line for Hallmark, or the D23 Dream Store, etc? I assume some of the stuff sells out quickly or there is a set amount that each vendor sells for the day?
        For the super limited stuff, better be there early to be in a line to get in and get that stuff. For example, my friend wanted the cosmetic mirror from Sephora in 2013. They were gone like first day. Part of that is they didn't cap how many would get.

Be prepared to get in long lines just to visit some of the stores. We bailed on the Disney Store in 2013. 2011 was nowhere near as bad. Not worth spending an hour to maybe get something you'd want.

The Dream Store generally has had most things all three days so if you can wait and avoid the crush of Day One or so, most things have been there in the past.

Comment

I will be attending this year, my first D23 Expo/Event.
          All three days.

Hoping to see Tony Baxter there in person..!

Comment

I too wish I was going. I have been to the last three and not going this year is making me so sad.

Comment

I'll be there on Saturday! I have never been to a D23 and am just now reading up on how it works.

I was at SD Comic-Con last year and spent the night in line for a 10:00 AM Hall H panel. Is that how D23 works? Sleeping in line? Or are there lighter crowds and easier access?

Either way, I'm excited!

Comment

Originally posted by ReedyCreek View Post
                I'll be there on Saturday! I have never been to a D23 and am just now reading up on how it works.

I was at SD Comic-Con last year and spent the night in line for a 10:00 AM Hall H panel. Is that how D23 works? Sleeping in line? Or are there lighter crowds and easier access?

Either way, I'm excited!
                I have been to all of the previous expos and haven't had to spend the night in line for 10 AM arena (now Hall D23) panels. I usually arrived between 8:00 and 8:30 AM and got in without a problem. Based on the popularity from previous years, the only panel I can see a potential need for spending the night is the "Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes: Live Action at the Walt Disney Studios" panel, but I'm not sure.
                Also, I'm not sure if this is a new service for this year since I didn't even attempt to spend the night in previous years, but you can spend the night in line inside Hall E. So if you do decide you want to spend the night, you can do so indoors which is nice. More info from the D23 Expo website:

Overnight QueueingWhile we do not encourage guests to wait overnight for sessions, to ensure guest safety we will be opening up the Anaheim Convention Center Thursday and Friday nights and allow guests to remain there Hall E. Advance lineups for access to the Show Floor (Gold, Silver, and General Admission) and Hall D23 will take place the evening prior to the Friday and Saturday dates of D23 EXPO 2015.
                If you are attending D23 EXPO 2015 on Friday, August 14, lineups will begin on Thursday, August 13th at 10 p.m. in Hall E. If you are attending D23 EXPO 2015 on Saturday, August 15, lineups will begin on Friday, August 14th at 10 p.m. in Hall E.
                If you arrive at 7 a.m. or later on Friday, August 14 and/or Saturday, August 15, please use the queue at the main entrance to the Anaheim Convention Center for access to the Show Floor. To attend the presentations in Hall D23, please proceed directly to Hall E for the queue.
                For Sunday, August 16, the Show Floor lineups will begin no earlier than 5 a.m. at the main entrance to the Anaheim Convention Center. Please proceed directly to Hall E to attend the presentations in Hall D23. No overnight lineups will take place the evening prior.
                For the overnight lineups in Hall E, please do not bring anything that cannot easily be put away into a backpack or smaller-size bag since there is not a place to store/check items until the Show Floor opens. Please do not leave items unattended.
                A concession stand offering a limited menu will be open in Hall E for your convenience. No re-entry allowed, and all members of your party must be present (no holding space in line for others to join later).

^Art by me!
                Check out my
                Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                Visit my
                Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Will be there on Friday. Very excited!

Comment

I'll be there on Sat. The first expo was horrible! Lines so long we couldn't do them. Lines too long just to get food. We ended up leaving early. Last expo was fabulous! D23 members got their own line. They didn't ask for ID. This time our tickets say D23 members(even though membership has expired). Last time they had the Stagepass for presentations that worked like a charm. This year they've even got blocks of time set aside for the big Disney store too. I'm really looking forward to it and hope I have enough time to do all I want in one day! Enjoy!

Comment

Will be there all 3 days...

It sounds like they have addressed some of the crowd concerns from expos past for this year, but of course we won't know until the event happens. But I'm hopeful!

2009 had long waits, but: A) it was not as crowded/popular, B) it was 4 days long, and C) we got into just about all of the presentations we wanted to (we only missed out on a couple due to last minute schedule changes...it was before there was an app for that )

2011 and 2013 both had insane crowd issues, and were VERY disorganized. It seemed as though every time they tried to fix it, it didn't work logistically. Plus it was cut down to 3 days. With the expo's growing popularity, I'm hoping they will think about putting it back to 4 days. With so many people, it makes it more difficult to maneuver.

We were unsuccessful in using the StagePass in 2013 because each time we made our way to the kiosks (usually coming from the arena), the presentations were all full. We shall see how this expo goes.

Regardless of the concerns we've had in years past, we are BEYOND excited to make it this year! We almost had to give up on it this year due to hardships. (It's going to be so hard seeing so much fantastic merch and not being able to buy anything, but hey...I'd rather BE there with no money than not be there at all.)
                      Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                      http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                      http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X