• Show
Clear All

• PanTheMan
    replied
    Didn't go this year. Glad i didn't.

Leave a comment:

• dreamingofca
    replied
    I had the pleasure of going to the first three expos which were a lot fun and much more manageable that this last one. I could only go to the first day because of finances. And it was a hot mess of confusing. My friends and I got there and saw the huge line of people that looked more like a crowd in front of the expo and we were told oh that's that stand by that if you were a d23 gold member which we were we got to enter first into the convention center. Then we split up, I went upstairs to line up for the show floor since I only had one day and that was my main goal plus mickeys of Glendale and Disney store to get the mary poppins tsum tsums. And they went to get in line for the legends ceremony. After a bit we were told that actually the people up front were going in first, that there was no standby vs. gold pass line this year, unless you had the scorcers package of course and they would be let in first and we were not getting in until at least three in the afternoon! Well word of that spread like a wild fire and we had another person tell us that was not true, but it might be an hour to an hour and a half after they were let in to get into the main show floor. By the time we made it in I ran to the Disney store line which already had I think a two or three hour line and figured well no way I am getting my Mary Poppins tsum tsums. And I could care less they were Tsums, Mary poppins is my favorite film of all time and I collect mary poppins items so I was hoping to add these to my collection but after seeing that line my hopes diminished, then I ran to look a the line for mickeys of Glendale, which was a little better but after standing there for nearly 30 minutes and not moving an inch I started to worry because again I only had the one day to see what I could so I decided to leave that line and try to do some other stuff. But everywhere I went were mad lines to get into everything and every exhibit. I swear I almost had my first anxiety attack at the age of 32 lol. So I saw that there was a short line for the archives which I wanted to do anyway so I went to do that. By the time I got out I just took a deep breath and decided not to freak out and then that was when my time starting getting better. I walked around the show room floor and looked for the scrooge mcduck money pit which already had a three hour wait so decided to check back later. I then got in a short line for some free coffee that came with a marvel image on it which was so cool! and the coffee was great as well. I found the funko booth and bought a pirate funko pack that had the smee that I have been wanting. Then I went around and saw some of the Pixar pavilion and the star wars land pavilion, Ran into a lot of my old friends I haven't seen in awhile. Towards the end of the day I also go to see and meet the voice of Donald duck, and goofy, as well as won a d23 trivia, and saw the discussion with the voice of Winnie the pooh and he was amazing! watching this guy do impressions of many of my childhood character favorites was a dream come true. Overall this will probably be my last expo that I attend. I haven't renewed my subscription now that it has ended because I can use that money for other more important things. But while I did have fun the last half the day it was still so stressful! way to crowded. Maybe if I was younger like my first expo I would have more stamina.

Leave a comment:

• PanTheMan
    replied
    yes, it was the last Expo I plan on attending. It was a mess, and I doubt '19 will be any better.

Leave a comment:

• lawrencebrown
    replied
    I just shredded my D23 Gold Membership card. So mad at them. Bought tickets to the D23 Expo, could not even get into the convention center. Three hour line to get in. No customer service reps outside the building. If we HAD gotten inside there were up to four hour lines for different events. Called the customer service line, told them I could not even get inside the building. No refunds. Basically told to go pound sand. That was all I needed to hear. I had been a D23 member for three years. They do not care. Was told a supervisor would contact me. No one ever did. Flew home, shredded my unused tickets. Shredded my D23 Gold Membership card. Wiser now. Save your money.

Leave a comment:

• DsnyRnr
    replied
    While overall I enjoyed the Expo, I was disappointed in it this year. There were several things that should have been much better, especially since this was there fifth expo.

1. The first day it took 2 hours to get in and the second day it took 1 1/2 hours to get it. I shouldn't have to spend the first couple of hours waiting to get in. Why wasn't there separate entrances for Gold members and the General Public? This would have made it easier to get in for everyone.

2. StagePass was a joke. I waited an hour to get a StagePass. Was told to get back 15 minutes before the showtime. Arrived back 30 minutes before hand and everyone had already been let in. Absolutely no reason for the StagePass.

3. Not enough benefits for Gold members. Sure I got a cool members only drawing. Discounts were pretty much non-existent and there were none at the main stores. No reason to use the Gold member line, see comment on StagePass.

4. Mickey's of Glendale ran out of smaller shirt sizes (under XL) for most shirts before I was able to get in at 4pm on Saturday.

5. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge model was really cool. However, when I got in line to see it they said it was 30 minutes from the line entrance plus they were going to have to shut down for 15 minutes. So total of 45 minutes. No big. They shut it down so Mark Hamill could go in. He spent over 30 minutes inside while us paying folk waited to get in. Why couldn't he see it before the floor opened or after it closed?

6. Besides the model the Parks pavilion didn't offer much.

7. No Studios or Television presence other than the panels. Where was their pavilions as in past years?

8. The Archives exhibit closed off the line at 6pm each night. A full hour before the show floor closed. What is up with that?

I sent an email to D23 with my concerns. Got a response thanking me for my candid feedback and that it would be forwarded to the planners.

Think this might have been my last D23 Expo.

Leave a comment:

• PanTheMan
    replied
    So now that it's all over until 2019, what did everyone think? I will expand later , but my thought over all is that it seems every Expo has gotten worse since the first 2. Much LESS family activities, much MORE of people looking to sell you something. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied
    Originally posted by CastMember10-2015 View Post

ugh you're making me not want to go now hahah. As a castmemeber they are selling us tix next week so I thought I'd give it a try but now im having second thoughts
    If you've never been and you're a huge Disney fan, I'd highly recommend going. Lots of really cool and unique stuff to see, and the presentations and panels are pretty awesome too. But yes, the crowds and the lines are awful. Similar to Disneyland the week of Christmas to New Year's.

Leave a comment:

• CastMember10-2015
    replied
    Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post

No sign up, but there are long, long, LONG waits to get into the major presentations. As in 3 hours long. No joke.
    The smaller panels are more like 45-90 minute waits. There's a system sort of similar to FastPass for these panels, but the availability of these go fast!

When I say waits, I'm referring the amount of time you have to get in line in order to ensure that you actually get into the presentation, panel, or performance.

The expo is insane when it comes to crowds. I've gone the past 3 times and it only gets worse with each year. Lining up just to get inside the convention center can be a 2 hour ordeal, unless you come in closer to noon perhaps.
    ugh you're making me not want to go now hahah. As a castmemeber they are selling us tix next week so I thought I'd give it a try but now im having second thoughts

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied
    Originally posted by CastMember10-2015 View Post
    Hi! So I'm thinking of going just for a day but how do the panels work? Is there a place to sign up?
    No sign up, but there are long, long, LONG waits to get into the major presentations. As in 3 hours long. No joke.
    The smaller panels are more like 45-90 minute waits. There's a system sort of similar to FastPass for these panels, but the availability of these go fast!

When I say waits, I'm referring the amount of time you have to get in line in order to ensure that you actually get into the presentation, panel, or performance.

The expo is insane when it comes to crowds. I've gone the past 3 times and it only gets worse with each year. Lining up just to get inside the convention center can be a 2 hour ordeal, unless you come in closer to noon perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• CastMember10-2015
    replied
    Hi! So I'm thinking of going just for a day but how do the panels work? Is there a place to sign up?

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied
    I'm really hoping they make announcements about the big plans for Epcot, and about their Marvel plans for DCA.

Leave a comment:

• PanTheMan
    started a topic D23 expo 2017

D23 expo 2017

Here we are 2017, and 5 months away- With all the changes going on in the Disneyverse, What do you expect to see at the Expo? What are you most interested in seeing? -- I'm sure there will be TONS of Star Wars land info and goodies surrounding Episode VIII. New announcements great displays, guests, vendors,and a usual, exclusive merchandise. What do you like best about D23 Expo? What do you like Least?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X