Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo!

Hi everyone!

So my brother and I are attending the D23 Expo for the first time in a few weeks, and we're pretty excited, but also a bit blind in regards to what to expect from a logistical standpoint. Like, what time should we get there in the morning to stand in line? What time to get in line for the presentations and panels? I assume the panels in the largest hall will be kinda crazy, but with the archives stage and such?

Also: who's going? Anyone want to meet up beforehand or during the day? I'd love to make friends of fellow fanatics while we're there.

Thanks, everyone!
    "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

Hi! This is our third time going to D23 Expo and we absolutely love it! We usually wait around 4-5 am for the floor but that is absolutely not required, you can come around 8am for the show floors, 9am opening. For smaller presentations, there is an option to get Stagepass, which works in ways like a fastpass, but for the panels. The presentation that doesn't give out Stagepass is Hall D23 which is a large 7,500 seat venue in Hall D. This is where the largest presentations occurs and it is not uncommon to wait several hours beforehand to get the best seats. For the archives exhibit and other places around the show floor, there are times when there is a long wait, but other times when there is no wait. Usually later in the day is better than earlier. The thing that might surprise if you haven't been to D23 or any other convention, is that there is actually long waits to BUY STUFF. Some main stores are Mickeys of Glendale, D23 Expo Dream Store, etc. But you can get a Storepass in which you get a 30 minute time slot to purchase items and works similar to a fastpass. Storepass and Stagepass have been used in the previous years but they might be subject to change in this years event. I really hope you enjoy this event as much as I do! Are you going all three days or just one day?

Comment

Thanks for the info! This will be my first D23 Expo as well...Going all three days. Any suggestions would be great! Looking forward to meeting Robert Olszewski, but disappointed that no new sculptures have been announced... Bring on the advice!

Comment

Thanks for the info! We're going for all three days. Where can one get the Stagepass and Storepass? Or is this just a sign-up thing?
        "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

Comment

At the last expo, i believe there was a location in which you can scan your ticket to get a stagepass/storepass. Last year there were around 15-30 minute waits just to get these passes but it is worth it to not wait hours I'm not sure however whether you can get a stagepass and a storepass at once, since I only got a stagepass last time. Hope this helps!

Comment

It totally does! Thanks for the info!

Comment

I'm going with my brothers for the whole Expo. I've been to all of them so far, and they've gotten bigger every time. We'll be camping out in line both Thursday and Friday nights!
              I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Will micechat have a presence at D23 expo this year>

Comment

Originally posted by trippyhop View Post
                  Hi everyone!

Also: who's going? Anyone want to meet up beforehand or during the day? I'd love to make friends of fellow fanatics while we're there.
                  Hiya... this is my fourth expo, but this time I'll be rolling solo the first two days. I'm always down to make new Disney friends and down to meet up. Lemme know! You can find my email on my profile, feel free to hit me up!
                  Just noticed you're from SF too, cool!

Comment

I'm almost going, on Saturday with my sister and mom. But I have a quiestion, does anyone know their policy on DSLR cameras? I know they don't allow them in certain panels, so do they have a safe place to store them?
                    "If a 6 or 7 year old thinks you're cool, then you're doing something right." -Justin Scarred

Comment

Originally posted by Samareck View Post
                      I'm almost going, on Saturday with my sister and mom. But I have a quiestion, does anyone know their policy on DSLR cameras? I know they don't allow them in certain panels, so do they have a safe place to store them?
                      They checked in my electronics for the panel that I went to and gave it back after the panel.However, the process holds back the line and it takes a really long time to check in and receive back your electronics

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X