X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 62nd Annual of the Tony Awards

Hey guys,

This is it. The 62nd Annual of the Tony Awards is going to be on tonight at 8pm. Feel free to make some comments of the performances you saw so far. Here are the nominees:http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/index.html

Re: The 62nd Annual of the Tony Awards

Hmmm, this was a pretty good awards ceremony tonight. I agree with In The Heights winning best musical, however, a teensy tiny little bit of me wanted Cry-Baby to win because it's basically the sexy, raunchy version of Grease. Everything that was missing in Grease is in Cry-Baby. And the choreography was awesome. Also, Passing Strange looked interesting and different with a good story, and writing it off because of its subject matter is not a very good idea and pretty close-minded.:shy: However, it was a great turnout tonight.

And also, who here LOVES Patti??? They don't call her Patti Lu-PWN for nothin'. :lol:

Comment

In the Heights won! YAY!:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaChel View Post
        And also, who here LOVES Patti??? They don't call her Patti Lu-PWN for nothin'. :lol:
        I <3 Patti LuPone! XD
        Saw her in Sweeney Todd back in 2006. Loved her! She can pwn Helena Boobie Carter any day!

Escapade
        Disneyland Resort trip reports

Comment

I really want to go see South Pacific and August: Osage County.
          KABLAM!

Comment

the thing I love the most about living in today's age is that a lot of the performances are already on youtube for those of us who missed the telecast.
            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
            You set the bar I could not live up to
            Tonight the light is breaking through
            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
            Zebrahead

Comment

I thought this years awards was incredible. They couldn't have picked a better host than Whoopi. I was really happy to see Laura Benanti win and Patti Lupone. In the Heights is an incredible piece and I am SOOO happy it took home best score and best musical. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius. I love it! I was also incredibly moved by the RENT performance last night. It was just amazing to see the original cast back...and did anyone spot Eden Espinosa as Maureen in the current cast?? I love her haha...I also loved the Lion King performance. Really nice. I don't have anycomplaints! They were wonderful!!!
              *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

^Eden is amazing.
                KABLAM!

Comment

A few months ago while in New York I caught August: Osage County. I thought it started off slow but it's a very intriguing play....if you like family drama.
                  Its a great dark comedy.
                  Its also a long one. 3+ hours with 2 intermissions.
                  Originally posted by Grumpee
                  I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

I saw Whoopi and Mary Poppins.

o

m

g

Here's a clip from the Tony site with a brief clip of The Little Mermaid

I had heard that the Lion King was going to be on stage at the beginning of the Tony's this year, but I couldn't find any videos of that online yet.
                    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-17-2008, 01:13 PM.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Whoa! I didn't know Eden was the new Maureen! I also spazzed when I found out Will Chase is the new Roger. Like whoa!

It was a great show. I'm so happy for Patti! XD

Escapade
                      Disneyland Resort trip reports

Comment

Little Mermaid was laughable. Her face showed no expression, her costume was terrible, and her heelys were annoying. Plus the lack of anything on the stage really showed how much that show cared about the show.
                        KABLAM!

Comment

I think Whoopi Goldberg is fantastic. As for the one from Spring Awakening...no comment.:shy:

Comment

After seeing Xanadu, I'm baffled by all of the nominations. It was ineed a cute, fun, entertaining show, but it was nothing even close to writing home about. Young Frankenstein and The Little Mermaid are both superior in nearly every sense and I don't just say that because of Xanadu's minimalistic set.

I also heard from several people that Cry Baby is a trainwreck. I think the fact that it's closing is proof of that. Young Frankenstein and Little Mermaid were hurt because of their big names.

Comment

Loved the show. I was so happy for Patti Lupone, and I actually went to school with Lin-Manuel Miranda and his sister and remember him as a little boy. He totally represents Washington Heights, I grew up in Harlem but all of my friends lived in 'The Heights'. The depiction is so on point. The show deserved all of the accolades and in my opinion more Tony awards. If your ever in NYC go see 'The Heights.
                              " It takes a lot of courage to love with your whole heart something that you know is temporary."
                              - Nyree Emory(dear friend)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X