This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Robert McCammon Fans Out There?

I've always been a big fan of Robert McCammon's books. I've read just about all of them, my favorite being Boy's Life. (With Wolf's Hour running a decent 2nd.)

I'm currently reading his newest book, Queen of Bedlam.

If you would like to discuss any of McCammon's books, just post a reply.

Re: Any Robert McCammon Fans Out There?

My book club just finished discussing Boy's Life last month! I love that book and think he is a great writer, but his other books don't interest me too much. I'm not a big horror fan.

Comment

Boy's Life was his first real departure from the horror genre, and is one of my favorite books, period.

His latest books, Speaks the Nightbird and Queen of Bedlam are in that same mystery type genre as Boy's Life. They both are set in early colonial America. (around 1680)

You can see a brief synopsis of the books here:

Robert McCammon Novels

Comment

I don't know how I could have missed those two novels. I work at Barnes and Noble so I am going to have to check those out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I love, love, love both Boy's Life and Swan Song. I've been checking out the used bookstores in town trying to find a copy of They Thirst, which is OOP. If anyone has read that one, I'd like to hear how it is.

Anthony
          Are you telling me that you built a theme park.. out of a vinery and a bear shaped mountain?!!?..
          - WestsideCM99

Comment

I read They Thirst a long time ago, and unfortunately do not remember much other than the character of the Vampire King was pretty impressive.

According to Robert McCammon's website, you can still purchase They Thirst (at a rather reasonable price I might add) at several different internet sites.

You can click on this link to see the list:

Buy They Thirst

I would also highly recommend reading both Wolf's Hour and Usher's Passing. I keep waiting for someone to make Wolf's Hour into a movie. An ally spy in World War II who also happens to be a werewolf...I've certainly seen worse plots.

Comment

GONE SOUTH was in the same vein as BOY'S LIFE, I felt. I haven't read the newer stuff. If it's in this same vein, I will have to try them.

Comment

The two newest books, Speaks the Nightbird and Queen of Bedlam aren't in the same Southern Gothic style as Boy's Life and Gone South. They are both set in 1600's colonial America. But they are both more murder mystery than horror.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsGoodToBeKing View Post
                  The two newest books, Speaks the Nightbird and Queen of Bedlam aren't in the same Southern Gothic style as Boy's Life and Gone South. They are both set in 1600's colonial America. But they are both more murder mystery than horror.
                  I like murder mysteries; it's my preferred reading usually. So I'll have to grab QUEEN. (I already have NIGHTBIRD but haven't picked it up...so many books, so little time...)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X