Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Jane Austen Book Club (no not the movie)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Austen Book Club (no not the movie)

Hey Ladies and Gents!

It was proposed in a different thread that we start a book club. Someone agreed, so i though what the heck. I am putting up a poll. Please vote and we'll see where this goes.
    Heck yes, I'm down with that!
    83.33%
    Jane who? nah, that's cool....
    0.00%
    Maybe, let me check my dance card.
    16.67%

Re: Jane Austen Book Club (no not the movie)

I need a deadline. Jane Austen is one of those writers I know I should read, I know I will like her, and as a chick lit nerd I should've read her by now... I just need a push. I'm in!

Comment

Honestly if we do it, i think would should either go chronological OR just real Sense and Sensibilities then vote on the next. EVERYONE know P & P too well, you know, even if they have only seen the movies. But if P&P is the most popular, we'll just have to visit Mr. Darcy again i guess....where's the drool smily when ya need it...

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
        I need a deadline. Jane Austen is one of those writers I know I should read, I know I will like her, and as a chick lit nerd I should've read her by now... I just need a push. I'm in!
        Same here! I've never read Jane Austen (Tiff and DB just shook their heads at me) and like KK, I know I'll like her, know I should've read the books by now, I just never have.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'm thinking 5 to 10 would be a strong club, what do you two ladies think?

Comment

Whatever. Enough so in case someone spaces and forgets to read we can still talk. Pick the book and I'll get it Monday at the library. I have P&P right now but I can return it.

(and with that said I'm going to bed and will be back online Monday... Maybe Sunday. Have a nice weekend everyone!)

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              Whatever. Enough so in case someone spaces and forgets to read we can still talk. Pick the book and I'll get it Monday at the library. I have P&P right now but I can return it.

(and with that said I'm going to bed and will be back online Monday... Maybe Sunday. Have a nice weekend everyone!)

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!!!

Comment

Shh...D'mom? I've never read a single page of Jane. It's all about the love of Mr Darcy and that led me to the other movies...and then Claire got me all excited about the PBS thing last year and with that I fell in love with Mr Wentworth and the love story with Anne Elliott in Persuasion. But have I read it? :shy: no.
                I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

The books are amazing! I've read quite a few but will happily read them again!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                    Shh...D'mom? I've never read a single page of Jane. It's all about the love of Mr Darcy and that led me to the other movies...and then Claire got me all excited about the PBS thing last year and with that I fell in love with Mr Wentworth and the love story with Anne Elliott in Persuasion. But have I read it? :shy: no.
                    sok, that's why we thought of this.

What book you vote for? you have

Persuasion
                    Sense and Sensibilities
                    Pride and Prejudice
                    Northanger Abbey
                    Emma
                    or Mansfield Park

Comment

I love Jane Austen. I am happy to read any or all of them again and again. Does anyone have a strong preference for the starting point? Because I really don't (tinkermonkey just LOVES this indecisive part of my character!) and I will go with the majority.

I'm currently not even mid-way through a huge stack of library books. :blush:
                      But I always love Austen book discussions.

Comment

I am off to bed for tonight, i might be on late tomorrow.

For anyone else that would like to join, please post your book prefrence so we can all start picking them up.

I got Emma and S&S for $4 at borders yesterday, just FYI!

Comment

I'm in the middle of Persuasion. It's my fourth Jane Austen book. Of course I love P&P and reading it (instead of just seeing the movie) you fall in love with Mr. Darcy even more. The book I absolutely love is Emma. It was the first one I read.
                          sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                          A Photographed Life
                          12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Looks like we have 8 ladies!

That's perfect!

No one stated a major preference, however KK has P&Prejudice currently cheked out and it is the eaisest to get into so why not start with Pride and Prejudice.

Dust off your copies or hit the Library, ladies! I figure if we "officially" start next Wednesday, that gives us all around a week to find a copy and read a bit, for major discussion on the weekends.

Is everyone here a gold member? if yes we might want to consider making a club...

Comment

Oh count me in! I haven't read Jane Austen yet for 2009! And I think a club is a great idea!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X