X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Little Mermaid' on Broadway to close Aug. 30

From EW.com:
    Disney's stage adaptation of its 1989 animated hit The Little Mermaid will end its Broadway run at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on Aug. 30 after 685 performances (or 735, if you also count the 50 previews). The show -- which received good reviews from the likes of Time and Wall Street Journal -- will begin a national tour in 2010.
    Here's another article about it: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article...y_830_20090630
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: 'The Little Mermaid' on Broadway to close Aug. 30

Doesn't surprise me. The show wasn't very good, but at least it was better than Tarzan!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ariel will make big bucks on the road, it's brought in about $73 million thus far. Disney Theatrical also says that they have 'Newsies' and "Peter and the Star-Catchers' in various stages of development.

more at:
      'Little Mermaid' to close on Aug. 30 - Entertainment News, Legit News, Media - Variety
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ah, I need to see it before it closes
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I hear it's coming to London next year too.
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Is Disney bringing something new to the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre?

Comment

From what I've read it looks like other family entertainment will be taking up residence, 'The Addams Family' starring double-Tony winners Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth opens in 2010.

Playbill News: Addams Family Musical to Star Lane, Neuwirth, Carmello, Hoffman, Chamberlin and More
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Is Little Mermaid worth seeing before it closes? It would be an 18 hour round-trip drive for me.
                WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
                DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

There are rumors that the next Disney on Broadway endeavor will be to bring Beauty and the Beast back as a limited-run Christmas show.

Comment

Is it coming to the Pantages? If so I'd like to see it

Comment

Originally posted by hoppypooh View Post
                      Is Little Mermaid worth seeing before it closes? It would be an 18 hour round-trip drive for me.
                      Honestly? I'd say it's not worth the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        Doesn't surprise me. The show wasn't very good, but at least it was better than Tarzan!
                        Little Mermaid wasn't better than Tarzan. And, since you seem to have a negative view of Tarzan, what do you not like about it? I really would like to know. I love Tarzan. I think it's amazing. Then again, my former favorite actress was in it, as well as my best friend. I think the show was great. But I know a lot of ppl didn't like it. Why didn't you?
                        I also like LM. I have connections in that show too, though not as close as Tarzan. But, I think LM was good. Different than a normal Broadway show, as a lot of recent Disney shows are...

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway&Disneylvr View Post
                          Little Mermaid wasn't better than Tarzan. And, since you seem to have a negative view of Tarzan, what do you not like about it? I really would like to know. I love Tarzan. I think it's amazing. Then again, my former favorite actress was in it, as well as my best friend. I think the show was great. But I know a lot of ppl didn't like it. Why didn't you?
                          I also like LM. I have connections in that show too, though not as close as Tarzan. But, I think LM was good. Different than a normal Broadway show, as a lot of recent Disney shows are...
                          IMO TLM was better than Tarzan. Tarzan's only good songs were the ones from the movie, and the set was green vines all over. The opening was amazing, but aside from that, I felt the show really was lifeless and boring.

The Little Mermaid had better songs added (especially "I Want the Good Times Back) Ursula was fantastic. And while the set was still uninspired and the characters weren't as endearing as in the movie (Scuttle and his seagulls? No thanks), I still feel the heart of the Little Mermaid was in the musical, where I really didn't have as much emotional connection to Tarzan.

I guess it boils down to if you prefer jumping from bungee cords or swimming with heelies. I prefer the heelies. :ap:

Comment

I'm seeing the show this Sat. I'm looking forward to it.
                            Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                            May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                            May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                            May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                            Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                            Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                            May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X