Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stieg Larssen trilogy

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stieg Larssen trilogy

    Has anybody read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet? I had heard a lot of buzz around it, so I finally picked up a copy for the return trip from WDW las month, and I was so glad I did. Larssen really did an amazing job with the character of Lisbeth Sallander, and he told one hell of a great tale. I could barely put it down, and when I finished, I wanted to read it again immediately. :lol:

    The second book in the trilogy is The Girl Who Played With Fire, and it just came out. I haven't read it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. And the last book, The Girl Who Kicked A Hornet's Nest (I think that's the title!! :blush comes out next year. Sadly, after submitting all three manuscripts to his pulisher, Larssen passed away from a heart attack, so there will be no follow up novels after next year's.

    Anybody a fan?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

  • #2
    Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

    Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Has anybody read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet? I had heard a lot of buzz around it, so I finally picked up a copy for the return trip from WDW las month, and I was so glad I did. Larssen really did an amazing job with the character of Lisbeth Sallander, and he told one hell of a great tale. I could barely put it down, and when I finished, I wanted to read it again immediately. :lol:

    The second book in the trilogy is The Girl Who Played With Fire, and it just came out. I haven't read it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. And the last book, The Girl Who Kicked A Hornet's Nest (I think that's the title!! :blush comes out next year. Sadly, after submitting all three manuscripts to his pulisher, Larssen passed away from a heart attack, so there will be no follow up novels after next year's.

    Anybody a fan?
    I have read both and the third one will be released in the UK on Oct 1st. If you can read Swedish, and it is already available as is the Spanish version. I liked them and found that after getting through the first half of tattoo that they were an easy read.
    Last edited by mousechild; 11-02-2009, 12:53 PM.
    Originally posted by SummerInFL
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Originally posted by Wanda Woman
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

      I just heard about it and now am curious... Great another series to read.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

        If you have an iPhone, you can download the first book to the Wattpad reader application.
        Be controversial

        Be outspoken

        Be outrageous

        Just don't be boring

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

          Originally posted by justjohn View Post
          If you have an iPhone, you can download the first book to the Wattpad reader application.

          The page count on that seems short by about 200 pages, I also wonder who uploaded it since it is still actively for sale in other digital formats.
          Originally posted by SummerInFL
          Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

          Originally posted by Wanda Woman
          Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

            For those that just can't wait, like me, the third book in the trilogy is out and available via Amazon UK.
            Originally posted by SummerInFL
            Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

            Originally posted by Wanda Woman
            Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

              I bought the first one like a month ago and bring it with me everyday to work. I just keep thinking "should I read or knit?" And until all my Christmas knitting is done...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

                Finished Hornet's Nest, it is much like the others, an intricate plot centered on all the familiar characters. A good third book to a well written trilogy.
                Originally posted by SummerInFL
                Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

                Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

                  Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                  Finished Hornet's Nest, it is much like the others, an intricate plot centered on all the familiar characters. A good third book to a well written trilogy.
                  Ooh, I'm jealous! Maybe I'll head to Amazon UK and see if I can get it.
                  Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

                    It seems to be a growing trend:

                    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/books/08girl.html
                    Originally posted by SummerInFL
                    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

                    Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X