Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JqwqexB4_g"]YouTube - Lady Gaga??[/ame]

    Video speaks for itself.

  • #2
    Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

    Wow...just...wow...DL, I am disappoint.
    https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

      She dosen't belong in Disney Lady Gaga or gogo what ever that thing is is horrable. I can't stand her she is a disgreast.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

        All she did was sing the phrase "poker face" over and over... how is that a fail? I'd argue that the original is a fail? :mob:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

          I've heard of her, but have no interest. Still, where is the fail in that video? She's just singing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

            That was lady gaga? Didnt look like it.

            Loving Disney Since 2006!
            Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

              Compare the original song to her singing.

              That is the fail. (ahem...)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                I've heard of her, but have no interest. Still, where is the fail in that video? She's just singing.
                cover band
                that's what you get

                why they are a cover band and not on the road.
                If your expecting a cover band to sound like the original, you'll be disappointed your whole life (there are a few exceptions where they might sound close or better)

                The audience didn't seem to mind. Though the video was cut short, I didn't hear anyone boo. Looked like most were dancing.
                (I wasn't there, so the video only shows one side...and not a very long side)
                Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                  Please don't take this too seriously.

                  #1 - Thought it was funny Disney had this song being performed

                  #2 - (absolutely nothing against the performer and her voice) the song sounds a little... emm ... western hill-billy-ish for it's kind.

                  It was like hearing Lady Gaga trying to be a country star.

                  That was my personal view. @[email protected]

                  SORRY THE VIDEO IS SO SHORT (didn't think to record it until the song was practically over)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                    Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                    She dosen't belong in Disney Lady Gaga or gogo what ever that thing is is horrable. I can't stand her she is a disgreast.
                    I would have to disagree, but of course I can't sway everyone, especially on MiceChat, the odds are against me. I personal am in LOVE with Lady GaGa! She's is one of the best artists I've every herd! Pretty much the whole world doesn't get her, but I do. She is a living breathing artpiece. If she would ever perform in Disneyland, I would just die! It'd be SOOO perfect! The two things I love most! This of course is my opinion and stick by it! Lady GaGa is the best! And I found that cover HILARIOUS! No one can do Lady GaGa but Lady GaGa!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                      Yeah, people should leave Lady Gaga's songs to her. As was shown, no one can sing them like she can.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                        I've heard some of her stuff and I must say that its not really that good. It's bad enough that its a cover band doing a terrible cover; but they're doing a cover from a artist that nobody will really care about in a couple of years. I mean that's the quick lifespan of a POP artist like her. Sorry but she is not the best artist "I've every herd!" myself. Truth is to each their own. Hey if you like Lady Gaga then cool! I just happen to feel the opposite of that.
                        My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_zavala/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                          Personally, I absolutely love Lady Gaga.
                          But, can you imagine if that woman dressed like her on stage?
                          Seeing as how Lady Gaga doesn't like pants, I'm not very sure Disneyland would want that very much.
                          Ohh, but if she (Lady Gaga) WERE to preform, I hope she'd wear her kermit the frog head dress

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                            Originally posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
                            I would have to disagree, but of course I can't sway everyone, especially on MiceChat, the odds are against me. I personal am in LOVE with Lady GaGa! She's is one of the best artists I've every herd! Pretty much the whole world doesn't get her, but I do. She is a living breathing artpiece. If she would ever perform in Disneyland, I would just die! It'd be SOOO perfect! The two things I love most! This of course is my opinion and stick by it! Lady GaGa is the best! And I found that cover HILARIOUS! No one can do Lady GaGa but Lady GaGa!
                            I get her, I like her and I think her thoughts about fairness and equality are right where they should be. While I wouldn't go as far to say that she's the best I've ever heard, she certainly has a place in popular music and culture - and like Disneyland, is unique in the way she entertains. And because of her unique way of performing, anyone who tries to cover her is absolutely insane...the Disney company should have thought about that when they replicated the Magic Kingdom...again and again.

                            PS - love the shot of GaGa and Kermit!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                              I think it's a fail when you have to describe what it is your tying to make fun of
                              "Raiders Suck"
                              -Walt Disney

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                                Best Version of Poker Face EVER!
                                Happy Halloween!!!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                                  Originally posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
                                  I've heard some of her stuff and I must say that its not really that good. It's bad enough that its a cover band doing a terrible cover; but they're doing a cover from a artist that nobody will really care about in a couple of years. I mean that's the quick lifespan of a POP artist like her. Sorry but she is not the best artist "I've every herd!" myself. Truth is to each their own. Hey if you like Lady Gaga then cool! I just happen to feel the opposite of that.
                                  hmmmmm, lets see...
                                  Janet Jackson - been an icon and is one of the most successful female artists of all time for nearly 25 years. (started in the business when she was 7 as an actress.)
                                  Madonna - been an icon and one of the most successful female artists of all time for nearly 30+ years.
                                  Kylie Minogue - female pop icon since the 80s...is actually bigger internationally than both Janet and Madonna.
                                  Mariah
                                  Whitney
                                  Michael - do I even need to explain?

                                  I agree that most "pop" music stars don't last...but that goes for most musical artists in any genre. Music is a brutal game.
                                  Lady Gaga, while actually not completely original (and don't get wrong, I am NOT putting her down for that), has clearly broken the mold and has thought outside the box. She is making her mark - the TRUE test will be when she releases her next album and the work to follow. That is when the real test begins for any kind of artist. Lots of people can have success with one great song or one great album...to do it consistently for years, decades and beyond, and continue to grow as an artist and do things that have never been done before...that the true measure.

                                  Back to the topic, the cover version - not so good.
                                  Ok, off soapbox now...
                                  ps. And I am a Gaga fan.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                                    Gaga = Yay!
                                    This girl = Nay!

                                    ~Dex
                                    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
                                    ~Finding Nemo

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                                      Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
                                      hmmmmm, lets see...
                                      Janet Jackson - been an icon and is one of the most successful female artists of all time for nearly 25 years. (started in the business when she was 7 as an actress.)
                                      Madonna - been an icon and one of the most successful female artists of all time for nearly 30+ years.
                                      Kylie Minogue - female pop icon since the 80s...is actually bigger internationally than both Janet and Madonna.
                                      Mariah
                                      Whitney
                                      Michael - do I even need to explain?

                                      I agree that most "pop" music stars don't last...but that goes for most musical artists in any genre. Music is a brutal game.
                                      Lady Gaga, while actually not completely original (and don't get wrong, I am NOT putting her down for that), has clearly broken the mold and has thought outside the box. She is making her mark - the TRUE test will be when she releases her next album and the work to follow. That is when the real test begins for any kind of artist. Lots of people can have success with one great song or one great album...to do it consistently for years, decades and beyond, and continue to grow as an artist and do things that have never been done before...that the true measure.

                                      Back to the topic, the cover version - not so good.
                                      Ok, off soapbox now...
                                      ps. And I am a Gaga fan.
                                      I don't like going so off subject but i just have to say this!!

                                      ooh you just HAVE to hear her new song Bad Romance. It's so good!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

                                        The girl in the video does do a terrible job at sounding like Lady Gaga, but if you have no reference of Lady Gaga, then its fine. So if you know Lady Gaga well, its a fail, if you don't her, then its a fine. Your standard tomorrowland terrace entertainment.

                                        Micenation

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X