This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New moon and your daughter

Thanks for explaining what a Mary Sue is! I had no idea. Y'know she'd never actually been to Forks, WA when she wrote the books? Just picked it off of a map. Inspiring!

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
    But she does the weepy doe eyed look so well!
    A weepy mouth-breathing doe that I'd like to sick Bambi's mom's killer on. Ooft! Too bad it couldn't have been Evan Rachel Wood in that role, she'd have brought some likability to the character. Looking forward to Dakota Fanning's interpretation of Jane, though!

Originally posted by twinmom View Post
    She also must have watched the TV show Roswell -- it is exactly like Twilight but with aliens instead of vampires.
    Oh Roswell! That was my all-time favorite show as a freshman in high school. But Max wasn't abusive/controlling/a pedophile to Liz. Though he did cheat on her with Tess, and knocked up that home-wrecker royal alien. I miss those glowing hickeys!

And Jacob is too good for Bella, IMHO.

I never got through/past the third book...I'm glad I read the ending in this thread. I can't believe that's actually the characters end up! It seems to be the consensus that these books can be read by kidlets as long as they understand that it's fiction. There are certainly life lessons to be learned in the series...interesting that your abusive relationship bookmark should end up in that book, KnittingKnerd!! Makes you wonder what happened in Stephenie Meyer's life...
    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

The brother of a friend of mine is engaged to the mom of the actor who played Max.

I didn't watch Roswell until just last year when a friend said it was like Twilight.

Comment

Aww Mama Behr is gettin' hitched! Awesome.
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Comment

The actor who portrays him is not even that good looking...or maybe he's just not my type.

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
              Looking forward to Dakota Fanning's interpretation of Jane, though!
              This one. ^ I've always loved Dakota's acting ability, I sincerely hope she brings it to this role.

Comment

I didn't get anything out of the Twilight books. In every book, there should be some kind of transformation, whether it's from good to bad, bad to good, innocence to experience. What's the point of a book if the character you get so attached to doesn't change or learn anything? In my opinion, Bella doesn't change at all (besides physically) between book one and book four. She is still the same stupid teenager, and if she did it all again, she'd make the same mistakes. If I had kids, I don't think I'd keep them from reading the series, but I'd certainly be concerned if they enjoyed it. Edward is abusive, Bella is submissive, and she chooses to become something she was never intended to be, just for a guy who's "in love" with her. They're dumb books.

Also, most guys that SPARKLE aren't into girls. :]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X