This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Chilton - you will be missed

Big Star Singer and Cult Icon Alex Chilton Dead at 59 : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Children by the million sing for Alex Chilton when he comes 'round

They sing "I'm in love. What's that song?

I'm in love with that song."

- "Alex Chilton" The Replacements 1986
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Alex Chilton - you will be missed

I'm a little surprised that the Rolling Stone article just breezed past the "Box Tops".

Listen to any oldies or 60's radio station in America, and "The Letter" is a staple of the playlist...and so is "Cry Like A Baby".

Sad to hear of the death of a very influential musician...but in my case, quite frankly, I remember the Box Tops as much or more than I do Big Star.

Thanks for the music, Alex.

Your "lonely days are gone, you're going home"...your maker "just wrote you a letter"...

And when I think about the good songs you gave me, "I cry like a baby"...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

wow...i didnt even hear about this

Comment

Who? Never heard of him, that band, or those songs.
        temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
          Who? Never heard of him, that band, or those songs.
          If you read the article in Alias's post, and the gist of my post, I don't know what else we can tell you about the man.

I don't know much about his later bands and musical efforts, but if you listen to oldies radio for any decent length of time, you'll hear the Box Tops and their songs described above.
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ah - no, I don't listen to oldies radio. I thought maybe there was a Disney connection that I wasn't aware of.
            temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X