This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need book reccomendations!

I have to read an autobiography or memoir for English class, and from what I know Walt never wrote either, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good autobiographies/memoirs written by any Disney imagineers, legends, or any of the such?

Re: Need book reccomendations!

I'm not sure if this is truly in the style of a memoir or is his writing about Disney PR. Does that make sense? Can anyone who's read this confirm?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Spinning-Disneys-World-Memories-Kingdom/dp/1887140670/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283470479&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Spinning Disney's World: Memories of a Magic Kingdom Press Agent (9781887140676): Charles Ridgway: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fHpaFwGPL.@@AMEPARAM@@51fHpaFwGPL[/ame]

You may want to check out this blog. It is maintained by a librarian and has a fairly thorough bibliography of Disney titles.
    Last edited by flotsam_mike; 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I liked Designing Disney by John Hench with Peggy Van Pelt

It may or may not be what you are looking for, but it is a good read.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Cast Member Confidential by Chris Mitchell
        MouseTrap by Kevin Yee

Those might work!

peace,
        Roo
        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
          I'm not sure if this is truly in the style of a memoir or is his writing about Disney PR. Does that make sense? Can anyone who's read this confirm?

Amazon.com: Spinning Disney's World: Memories of a Magic Kingdom Press Agent (9781887140676): Charles Ridgway: Books

You may want to check out this blog. It is maintained by a librarian and has a fairly thorough bibliography of Disney titles.
          Yes, Spinning Disney's World would definitely fall under the category of autobiography and/or memoirs.

Comment

Steve Martin's book Born Standing Up, has gotten decent reviews---and he was once a cast member.

Peace,
            Roo
            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
              Cast Member Confidential by Chris Mitchell
              I enjoyed that one, but you can tell he added some flair to his stories. Actually, I'm pretty sure he admits to doing it in the prologue. Still a good read though.
              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

If life itself were interesting, we'd need not to turn to reading books--all authors embellish. It's our way.

Peace,
                Roo

Comment

I know...this is a little off topic, but I have a similar sit:

I have to do a biography project for reading. I want to do one on my fav actress, Joan Cusack (who plays Jessie), but, there are no biographies on her in my school OR the library...so I can't do one on HER!
                  Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
                  Buzz: clears throat)
                  I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
                  Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
                  Buster: (barking)
                  Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
                  Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
                  Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
                  Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
                  Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
                  Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
                  (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

:meet:Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!:meet:

Comment

Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination
                    by Neal Gabler

Amazon.com: Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination (Vintage) (9780679757474): Neal Gabler: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VQffdB9iL.@@AMEPARAM@@51VQffdB9iL

A good, solid Walt Disney Bio. It was well researched and had a lot of info.

edit: Sorry, i didn't realize you were limited to autobiographies. Still it's a very good book!
                    Last edited by sgtpeper; 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM. Reason: Cause the Comptroller is not paying attention
                    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

.www.FromScreenToTheme.com.
                      Last edited by mickeyfan4ever; 11-13-2010, 02:28 PM.
                      I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Matto o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X