This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite band/singer?

Who would you say is your absolute favorite singer or band?

Mine would be Darren Hayes who was the singer for the Australian band Savage Garden. He now has a solo career. His next album should be out in May or so (he's yet to announce the title or the release date but will be holding listening parties in April or May).
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Originally posted by drphibes
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Re: Favorite band/singer?

too difficult to call. i enjoy far too many artists/bands to have a favorite. i will have bands that i favor at the moment, but that changes all the time. currently it's Wild Beasts. i used to have a set favorite band but they broke up : (

but i do have top bands/artists like Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens, The Futureheads, Belle & Sebastian, Beck, Metric, Muse, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, The Rural Alberta Advantage, and a boat load of others.

Comment

Who was the band that broke up? Savage Garden broke up but the music is forever.
      -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Originally posted by drphibes
      SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
      Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
      Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
      DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Comment

Battle, they weren't big at all. From the UK, but I saw them once, and I talk to the lead singer on facebook once in a while who is actually working on new music projects : D

here are a few songs by them:

Comment

OMG I looooved Savage Garden! They were so underrated. I was sad when they broke up.

Anyhow, my favorite band is Duran Duran. Been a fan of theirs since 1982 (almost 30 years!). Seen them live 11 times (so far). Met most of the band as well. Their new album, "All You Need Is Now" is their best in YEARS.

Other favorites of mine are: U2, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry, David Bowie, Chic... man too many to list, but those are my top ones.

Comment

my all time fave band without hesitation is Pink Floyd

my current fave music act is Mumford and Sons, been a bit obsessed with them since their grammy performance
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Mogwai, The Shins, and Boards of Canada are my favorites. James Mercer is a great songwriter/singer.

More along the lines of genres, Post Rock, Ambient Electronica/Lo-Fi/Down Tempo and Synthpop/Italo disco do the job for me.
              California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

Originally posted by A113 View Post
                Mogwai, The Shins, and Boards of Canada are my favorites. James Mercer is a great songwriter/singer.
                Awesome! Someone else that likes Mogwai!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
                  Awesome! Someone else that likes Mogwai!!!
                  Yes, I LOVE Mogwai! High five!

I want to see them live at the Mayan in May, but I have AP tests for school, so it's unlikely

Comment

My favorite is Josh Groban. Seen him in concert 4 times and this July it'll be 5! Can't wait!!!
                    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I've never been to a concert before

Comment

Originally posted by A113 View Post
                        Yes, I LOVE Mogwai! High five!

I want to see them live at the Mayan in May, but I have AP tests for school, so it's unlikely
                        If you go, bring earplugs. Seriously! When I saw them, I didn't think it was that loud but you know how thick their layers of sound can get and when I got outside, I couldn't really hear anything! Still, it was worth it.

Whenever I don't feel so great, I listen to 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong and feel so great afterwards!

Comment

I already knew about that, but thanks again for the advice. I read that some people lost their hearing after seeing them live for 4 days. If I were to go, I'd bring the earplugs I got from pre-ordering Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Comment

Without a moment's hesitation, The White Stripes
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Ultimate favorite? Can't pick just one. It'd be a toss up between the Scottish band Texas, Pat Benatar, and Jimmy Buffett.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X