This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Hunchback musical to get US debut

It was announced that The Hunchback of Notre Dame will October 28 through December 7, 2014 at the La Jolla Playhouse in La Jolla, California, just north of San Diego.

Based on the Victor Hugo novel and featuring the Oscar-nominated score from the 1996 Disney animated classic, The Hunchback of Notre DameNewsies, Little Shop of Horrors) and lyricist Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin). Their artistry reaches its zenith in this brand-new production that offers an intimate retelling of the famous love story.
    -D23.com

Here's a montage from the German production;
    Last edited by Hathaway Browne; 01-24-2014, 10:40 AM.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: Hunchback musical to get US debut

woah.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Comment

^You can say that again! :lol:
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

The La Jolla Playhouse has put on some great productions that have gone on to successful runs on Broadway.
        From the time Hunchback was released as a Disney animated feature, I thought it had a score that was perfect for Broadway.
        Done right, this could be great. Flashy, colorful, emotional, thoroughly entertaining.
        This is one I will try to see when it hits La Jolla.

Comment

Originally posted by GagarianPrincess View Post
          woah.
          There are some really epic songs in this movie that would make for amazing on-stage performances! Should be awesome to see!
          Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Hunchback was my favorite musical at Disney-MGM Studios, so I'd love to see this.

Comment

They just announced it was going to be produced at the PaperMill Playhouse in New Jersey next year. This is where Newsies premiered, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one there too, and hopefully on Broadway also!
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

That's very interesting, given as you say, the history with Newsies. They must have some faith in the production to open it there as well.
                sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of my favorite movies of all time period (Shocking, right?), so I am BEYOND excited to have a chance to see this! The music will sound so great being sung live!
                  The Disney Renaissance
                  sigpic
                  1989-1999

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X